It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gekko_Dekko: may I ask for Starpoint Gemini 2?
finkleroy: Granted.
thanks!
high rated
I added two new rules to this giveaway. I very seriously doubt anyone will have any issues with rule #15, but I'm more than willing to discuss possibly tweaking rule #16 if enough people think it's necessary. Everyone please read these two new rules and let us all know what you think of them.
finkleroy: I added two new rules to this giveaway. I very seriously doubt anyone will have any issues with rule #15, but I'm more than willing to discuss possibly tweaking rule #16 if enough people think it's necessary. Everyone please read these two new rules and let us all know what you think of them.
They are both very reasonable. Rule #15 is common courtesy, and to be honest I thought #16 was already a rule (it is usually mentioned in most giveaway threads).
ConsulCaesar: They are both very reasonable. Rule #15 is common courtesy, and to be honest I thought #16 was already a rule (it is usually mentioned in most giveaway threads).
Yeah, it was kind of a rule that was never officially added to the official list of rules.
I'm perfectly fine with the new rules
Rule #15 is just a good manners topic, since here we all in the same community.. so why not say a 'thank you' after receiving something?

Rule #16 is perfectly fair, since as you said, with today numbers of games I think it's basically correct that a game is activated on the requester account
I also just modified rule #6. Please take the time to read it and let everyone know what you think of it.
finkleroy: ...
I have some small doubts about rule #15. I, myself, have no problem saying "thank you" as I do it every time (called by my inside manners) but not always in public - in most cases (like 90+%) yes, but sometimes it is just a normal following to say "thank you" at the end of some private chat - should I repeat then my thanks on forum again?

It is also kind of weird for me seeing that "thanks" need to be as one of strict rules and not as normal custom.
Post edited September 12, 2019 by Lexor
I've always thanked zeo (and now finkleroy) for sending me the games I've asked for, and then posted thanks again in the thread just to let the donors know I got the game without an issue. I didn't feel it was customary, just a nice thing to do. Like Damon18 said, good manners, you know? The other rules look fine to me, I think giving it a week for someone to respond to a nomination is fair
Lexor: I have some small doubts about rule #15. I, myself, have no problem saying "thank you" as I do it every time (called by my inside manners) but not always in public - in most cases (like 90+%) yes, but sometimes it is just a normal following to say "thank you" at the end of some private chat - should I repeat then my thanks on forum again?

It is also kind of weird for me seeing that "thanks" need to be as one of strict rules and not as normal custom.
Well, it's really just a reminder. If you read how I worded it, you're expected to say thanks in public, and if you don't, the punishment is that you'll probably get some funny looks from people who consider your behavior to be rude. These funny looks, as it were, have already been taking place, and this rule is intended to help people avoid being looked down upon for not saying thank you, to avoid any tension that may arise from said situation, and to try to make sure our donors know that they're appreciated. The rule clearly states that not saying thank you will not get you banned from the giveaway, so I thought I was being fairly clear that it's not a requirement, so much as a reminder. I'm sorry if I didn't come across that way.
finkleroy: I added two new rules to this giveaway. I very seriously doubt anyone will have any issues with rule #15, but I'm more than willing to discuss possibly tweaking rule #16 if enough people think it's necessary. Everyone please read these two new rules and let us all know what you think of them.
Those who make nominations will need to take care with that change to #6 into account then, first thing being that posts with more than one nomination are now out.
#15 is common sense, but for that reason it's odd to make it a rule, will feel forced... And at the same time, can also understand those who'd rather thank privately, in some cases to spare themselves a risk of downvoting for one, as it has happened, if maybe not in this thread.
#16 obviously excludes nominations, and yeah, should be a rule, and I always thought it was... until zeo said it wasn't not that long ago, when he allowed someone to request for someone else who was ineligible, saying it'll count as their game for the month.
Cavalary: Those who make nominations will need to take care with that change to #6 into account then, first thing being that posts with more than one nomination are now out.
#15 is common sense, but for that reason it's odd to make it a rule, will feel forced... And at the same time, can also understand those who'd rather thank privately, in some cases to spare themselves a risk of downvoting for one, as it has happened, if maybe not in this thread.
#16 obviously excludes nominations, and yeah, should be a rule, and I always thought it was... until zeo said it wasn't not that long ago, when he allowed someone to request for someone else who was ineligible, saying it'll count as their game for the month.
These are all excellent points. As for #15, perhaps I should change it to say that it's not even a rule or suggestion, but just point out that you should thank the donor, either in public or in private, or both, and if you see that someone has not thanked the donor in public, it doesn't mean that they didn't thank them in private, so please don't assume that they didn't thank the donor and then judge them for it.
finkleroy: Well, it's really just a reminder.
Cavalary: #15 is common sense, but for that reason it's odd to make it a rule, will feel forced... And at the same time, can also understand those who'd rather thank privately, in some cases to spare themselves a risk of downvoting for one, as it has happened, if maybe not in this thread.
As finkleroy stated it should sound just as reminder and not 'a strict rule'
I also understand Cavalry point of view, so we can just maybe write down in a different way?
Something friendly like:
Please, remember to thank our donors when you receive a game, they like to be felt appreciated :)
I edited rule #15. What does everyone think?
#15 sounds good, but I doubt it will affect some users' behavior. A specific user who hadn't thanked me for a game they got through the Community Giveaway, repeated said behavior with the next game they got from another user some time later. There's a saying in my country that "when you do something good, throw it in the sea," as in, do something good for the sake of doing it and not for getting something in return, even a "thanks".

#16 also good. Minimizes reselling scammers. I would personally like to request games for a friend (and give up my own allowance for the month) every now and again, but I understand why such a rule should be in effect, and completely support it.
Post edited September 12, 2019 by TheDudeLebowski
finkleroy: I edited rule #15. What does everyone think?
Thumbs up from me :)