It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, I thought nominations are encouraged. I certainly didn't mean to make a problem out of this, sorry.
Post edited September 09, 2019 by Aramandur
Aramandur: Well, I thought nominations are encouraged. I certainly didn't mean to make a problem out of this, sorry.
Oh, no, I didn't mean to suggest you made a problem out of this. I'm asking if others are feeling something similar or if it's just me. If it's in the rules, then you're good to go.
TheDudeLebowski: Oh, no, I didn't mean to suggest you made a problem out of this. I'm asking if others are feeling something similar or if it's just me. If it's in the rules, then you're good to go.
Would it sting less then if it's removed entirely from the list for a time of nomination? As long as it's possible and doesn't interfere with managing the whole giveaway, of course. I mean, it's just an idea.
high rated
Aramandur: Would it sting less then if it's removed entirely from the list for a time of nomination? As long as it's possible and doesn't interfere with managing the whole giveaway, of course. I mean, it's just an idea.
That's an excellent idea. I'm going to start doing that. I'll leave the rule there in case someone sees the game that's been nominated before I'm able to remove it from the list.
Post edited September 09, 2019 by finkleroy
aRealCyborg: Can i have system shock (daggered )for now
I see that you don't bothered to update if the key works or not.

I don't really care but other donors may not the share the same opinion. It's not really that time consuming to type some acknowledgement.
Aramandur: Would it sting less then if it's removed entirely from the list for a time of nomination? As long as it's possible and doesn't interfere with managing the whole giveaway, of course. I mean, it's just an idea.
finkleroy: That's an excellent idea. I'm going to start doing that. I'll leave the rule there in case someone sees the game that's been nominated before I'm able to remove it from the list.
Yep, that's how it should have really been all along imho. Granted, with zeo's policy of accepting requests as backup in case nominations are denied or ignored, couldn't really be done, but in all fairness once someone is nominated, that game isn't available anymore, and requests after a nomination are unfair both for any others who choose not to request after seeing the nomination and for the nominee, who may feel some pressure to refuse if someone else wants that game just then.
TheDudeLebowski: Concerning nominations, I understand they're there to get keys moving, but it always stings when the game you wanted for some time gets nominated as soon as it appears on the list (looking at you, Dying Light). It doesn't sting as much if someone requests it before you, but with nominations, I don't know.

Anyone else feel like that?
Not me. There was this discussion before, and it led to that tentative limit of nominations made. Admittedly, the rule allowing nominations was created back when the available games list was huge and the problem was to "get rid" of some faster, but even now, it's in the spirit of giving, and as long as you don't have someone making lists of nominations that really drain the pool, leading to one or two people essentially deciding who each game goes to, it's all fine. It's still a matter of someone who wants the game seeing it before you, just that they want it for someone else instead of themselves.
Post edited September 10, 2019 by Cavalary
aRealCyborg: Can i have system shock (daggered )for now
zlaywal: I see that you don't bothered to update if the key works or not.

I don't really care but other donors may not the share the same opinion. It's not really that time consuming to type some acknowledgement.
sorry i was really busy when i used it yes it worked thank you.
Post edited September 10, 2019 by aRealCyborg
finkleroy: That's an excellent idea. I'm going to start doing that. I'll leave the rule there in case someone sees the game that's been nominated before I'm able to remove it from the list.
You'll soon join Spanish Inquisition. See you rep. :)
BeatriceElysia: You'll soon join Spanish Inquisition. See you rep. :)
Not necessarily. Have a post that currently has a neutral rating (or a new one that won't be the first of the day) end up high rated and 666 will be skipped, getting +1 when the rating will be positive and an additional +2 when it'll get to the high rated treshold :p
Requesting Hard West, please :)
TheDudeLebowski: Requesting Hard West, please :)
Granted.
Thanks to Doc0075 for ATOM RPG and Aramandur for nominating me! I'll try to give back to the community once I'm not as broke.
may I ask for Starpoint Gemini 2?
Gekko_Dekko: may I ask for Starpoint Gemini 2?
Granted.
Thank you Dark_art_ and the dark lord finkleroy 666 for Hard West.