It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I'd add a new rule: "to ask for a game, formulate a complete sentence". Sybject+verb+complement.

"I would like to ask for Game X">correct
"X thanks">incorrect
Enebias: I'd add a new rule: "to ask for a game, formulate a complete sentence". Sybject+verb+complement.

"X thanks">incorrect
But why?
Pouyou-pouyou: Just a quick reminder that all the (daggered) Outcast 1.1 keys will expire VERY soon, and there still are a lot of them.
Maybe an exception could be in order to allow anyone not eligible to the giveaway to get them anyway, or give them to friends rather than let them go to waste ?
I'd like to give them to friends too.
I don't believe some of them would play it, but, since the keys are going to waste, to give them the chance to know about this game is nice. :)
Enebias: I'd add a new rule: "to ask for a game, formulate a complete sentence". Sybject+verb+complement.

"X thanks">incorrect
JunglePredator: But why?
Because I don't like people saying "request game thx".
It's just me.
Post edited December 11, 2021 by Enebias
high rated
Pouyou-pouyou: Just a quick reminder that all the (daggered) Outcast 1.1 keys will expire VERY soon, and there still are a lot of them.
Maybe an exception could be in order to allow anyone not eligible to the giveaway to get them anyway, or give them to friends rather than let them go to waste ?
I've always allowed people who otherwise are ineligible for the giveaway to be granted freebies that are about to expire. I'm inclined not to bend on the rule about all keys being required to be redeemed by the account that requested them, but what does everyone think about making an exception for keys that are about to expire?
Hapygoo: Daggered game Outcast 1.1 please
Granted.
Enebias: Because I don't like people saying "request game thx".
It's just me.
As a recovering grammar nazi, I feel your pain. That said, I'm not making it a rule.

"X thanks">incorrect
It is rather grating, I'll give you that, but sometimes seconds matter, or there's that impression, when a longer list or some (likely) sought after title shows up. When that's not the case, ah well... At least there's the thanks, in your example :)
finkleroy: I've always allowed people who otherwise are ineligible for the giveaway to be granted freebies that are about to expire. I'm inclined not to bend on the rule about all keys being required to be redeemed by the account that requested them, but what does everyone think about making an exception for keys that are about to expire?
In the very final hours, I'd say anything goes to avoid having them go to waste.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by Cavalary
Pouyou-pouyou:
finkleroy: I've always allowed people who otherwise are ineligible for the giveaway to be granted freebies that are about to expire. I'm inclined not to bend on the rule about all keys being required to be redeemed by the account that requested them, but what does everyone think about making an exception for keys that are about to expire?
Enebias:
finkleroy:
I have trouble with the quote system!!!!!!!

Well, may as well give the keys away as a small giveaway since they were a freebie and allow any new or other individuals who have not gotten the chance to get/try the game a chance instead of letting it vanish. In the end, I would say it will not hurt anyone if expiring keys are given away and only hurts people if the keys vanish.

Post edited December 12, 2021 by albinistic
Yoda would say giving is better than waste.
Hapygoo: Daggered game Outcast 1.1 please
finkleroy: Granted.
Enebias: Because I don't like people saying "request game thx".
It's just me.
finkleroy: As a recovering grammar nazi, I feel your pain. That said, I'm not making it a rule.
Sounds like a reasonable way to make the most out of soon to expire keys. Big respect for adressing it openly with the community like you always do, very much appreciated. Green light from me and +rep ;). Cheers
high rated
finkleroy: As a recovering grammar nazi, I feel your pain. That said, I'm not making it a rule.
I don't think it's even a matter of grammar as much as just common courtesy.

Also, I really don't like the term "grammar nazi". Language is the most important, basic tool of humanity, it's the tool we use to think and communicate, create art and personal bonds. Using it poorly means shoddy thinking processes and bad communication. Correcting it is not an act of bullying, it's a public service.

That said, this is absolutely not a demand you change the rules. It's just me venting about how all around language skills seem to be deteriorating.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by Breja
low rated

Granted.

As a recovering grammar nazi, I feel your pain. That said, I'm not making it a rule.
deja65: Sounds like a reasonable way to make the most out of soon to expire keys. Big respect for adressing it openly with the community like you always do, very much appreciated. Green light from me and +rep ;). Cheers
A green light from me as well chief! Also thanks to finkleroy for openly discussing this us
Hi finkleroy, please can I ask for Populous: The Beginning.
As a last resort, if they are not expired already, maybe Finkleroy can post themm all in the Ninja Giveaway thread.
high rated
pferreira1983: Hi finkleroy, please can I ask for Populous: The Beginning.
Granted.
Pouyou-pouyou: As a last resort, if they are not expired already, maybe Finkleroy can post themm all in the Ninja Giveaway thread.
That's a good idea. They expire in 1 hour 15 minutes, so I'll do that now.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by finkleroy
If it wasn't clear, the thing about a complete sentence was mostly a joke.
Breja got it right, it was about common courtesy.