It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
grynn: Hello, can I have Fossil Echo?
Granted.
Dark_art_: Thanks finkle and aCyborg for the game donation, it's looks very interesting...
aCyborg: If you play it I hope you have fun!
I´m having, thanks :D

However, the setting of the game is extremely depressing. Never played a game that I care so much about the people, it's hard to maintain some sort of balance.

On a positive note, the game is not very intensive on computer resources but a fast GPU is needed (say a 1050Ti and above)
Attachments:
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Dark_art_
May i request Frostpunk?
high rated
zejango: May i request Frostpunk?
Granted.
grynn: Hello, can I have Fossil Echo?
finkleroy: Granted.
Thanks a lot to Dark_art_ and finkleroy!
low rated
aCyborg: If you play it I hope you have fun!
Dark_art_: I´m having, thanks :D

However, the setting of the game is extremely depressing. Never played a game that I care so much about the people, it's hard to maintain some sort of balance.

On a positive note, the game is not very intensive on computer resources but a fast GPU is needed (say a 1050Ti and above)
Not sure if I'd consider a 1050 Ti a "fast GPU", when 2060's and above 2000's exist (2070, 2080, etc.) and especially also the 3060 and above cards exists now (3060, 3070, 3080, and 3090's).

1050's are literally 5 years old or so.
Post edited December 10, 2021 by MysterD
Thanks finkleroy and _Line for the game.
low rated
Del
Post edited December 10, 2021 by XiToXiA
MysterD: Not sure if I'd consider a 1050 Ti a "fast GPU", when 2060's and above 2000's exist (2070, 2080, etc.) and especially also the 3060 and above cards exists now (3060, 3070, 3080, and 3090's).

Faster cards do "exist" and I would gladly call a 1050Ti low end but for the price of a modern GPU I built several desktop computers a couple of years ago.
Check attached print from the most proeminent computer shop in my country... Almost cheaper to buy a PS5.

Also, since not every one play on desktops and/or have a last generation system and the 1050Ti still being one of the most used card on Steam stats, makes it hard to not call it a relatively fast GPU. Plenty of peole use integrated graphics to play games too.
Moving foward, if you want to chat a bit, drop me a Direct Message. This sad talk about GPU's is not fit to a happy thread in christmas time :D
Attachments:
gpu.jpg (404 Kb)
Post edited December 10, 2021 by Dark_art_
XiToXiA: May I have Frostpunk and Journey to the Savage Planet?
Read the rules on the first page
low rated
TinTheGreat: May I have Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun?
finkleroy: That game isn't on the list. Please familiarize yourself with how this giveaway works by reading the first two posts in this thread. The forum search function and Google are both terrible ways to tell how much recent activity you have on the forum, but unfortunately they're the only tools I have at my disposal. According to them, you seem to be new here, so you don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this giveaway, which are located in the first post of this thread. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.
My bad, it's my first time trying out a forum on here and was a bit confused on how it works. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :D
low rated
MysterD: Not sure if I'd consider a 1050 Ti a "fast GPU", when 2060's and above 2000's exist (2070, 2080, etc.) and especially also the 3060 and above cards exists now (3060, 3070, 3080, and 3090's).

Dark_art_: Faster cards do "exist" and I would gladly call a 1050Ti low end but for the price of a modern GPU I built several desktop computers a couple of years ago.
Check attached print from the most proeminent computer shop in my country... Almost cheaper to buy a PS5.

Also, since not every one play on desktops and/or have a last generation system and the 1050Ti still being one of the most used card on Steam stats, makes it hard to not call it a relatively fast GPU. Plenty of peole use integrated graphics to play games too.
Moving foward, if you want to chat a bit, drop me a Direct Message. This sad talk about GPU's is not fit to a happy thread in christmas time :D
Now, see the GTX 1060 and even the 1660 Ti are more respectable, IMHO - as those have 6GB VRAM flavors (ummm, I hope anyone buying a 1060 avoided the 3GB model)....but both lack DLSS support and RTX support. Not fond of the 1050 Ti only having 4GB VRAM, in this era; that's for sure - when I've got games at 1080p eating up 4-8GB VRAM on the regular.

Even 4GB of VRAM on my 960m laptop and even my 970 desktop wasn't that hot back in the day at 1080p at maxed-out settings (or close), as games like Watch Dogs 1 could eat up 2-3GB VRAM; and Batman AK could eat-up 3-4GB VRAM.

I have a RTX 3070 myself - and WD: Legion, I can't even max that w/ my 8GB VRAM on my RTX 3070 at 1080p. Games like Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077 are easily eating-up 1080p in the 4-8GB VRAM department.

Regardless, you're right - GPU prices make me really sad right now...as not everybody has that kind of money and the whole market's pricing is a total crap-show and a mess right now. I'd love to see more gamers get MSRP or better deals on some of the much better cards out there.

And for anyone using say iGPU to run newer titles - ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. You're better off w/ dedicated GPU's, even if they are a bit older - like say the 6gb versions of 1060 and 1660. Though, at worst, most should aim at the 2060, so they at least have RTX and especially the DLSS support. DLSS is a life-saver and performance booster.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by MysterD
MysterD: Regardless, you're right - GPU prices make me really sad right now...as not everybody has that kind of money and the whole market's pricing is a total crap-show and a mess eight. I'd love to see more gamers get MSRP or better deals on some of the much better cards out there.
I really wish I kept the powerful machine I had, nowadays prices on hardware are ridiculous, even on relative crap. Damn those crypto and damn those "miners", hell do they call themselves miners for, that's one of most honest, hard-working jobs and they're speculants and parasites at best, and ones that contributed to recent hardware and energy prices inflation more than any economic or natural disaster would.
MysterD: And for anyone using say iGPU to run newer titles - ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. You're better off w/ dedicated GPU's, even if they are a bit older - like say the 6gb versions of 1060 and 1660. Though, at worst, most should aim at the 2060, so they at least have RTX and especially the DLSS support. DLSS is a life-saver and performance booster.
Yeah, 2060 looks like a great modest option. Though it's probably best to wait until these overinflated prices will pop either way. It's not like there isn't enough good looking old games to pass that time.

Oh damn, this isn't really the thread to discuss this stuff. My bad, I'm sorry, finkleroy, and carry on the good job.
Post edited December 11, 2021 by Chasmancer
Just a quick reminder that all the (daggered) Outcast 1.1 keys will expire VERY soon, and there still are a lot of them.
Maybe an exception could be in order to allow anyone not eligible to the giveaway to get them anyway, or give them to friends rather than let them go to waste ?
Post edited December 11, 2021 by Pouyou-pouyou
low rated
Daggered game Outcast 1.1 please