It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there anyone who bothers reading the first post?
Enebias: Is there anyone who bothers reading the first post?
Maybe we should simply start ignoring people who obviously don't bother with the first post.
I expected better from a Ninjabot :)
high rated
Enebias: Is there anyone who bothers reading the first post?
TheDudeLebowski: Maybe we should simply start ignoring people who obviously don't bother with the first post.
Maybe someone could volunteer in posting a reminder to those new to this community giveaway to head over to the first post every time a new page has been created. Which I think I might do if no one's willing.

█▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄   ▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀   █▀▀█ █░░█ █░░ █▀▀ █▀▀   █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▄▄█ █░░█   ░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▀▀   █▄▄▀ █░░█ █░░ █▀▀ ▀▀█   █░░█ █░░█
▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀░   ░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀   ▀░▀▀ ░▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀░░▀

▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀   █▀▀ ░▀░ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀   █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▀ █▀▀
░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▀▀   █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▄▄▀ ▀▀█ ░░█░░   █░░█ █▄▄█ █░▀█ █▀▀
░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀   ▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░   █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀

█▀▀█ █░░ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀
█░░█ █░░ █▀▀ █▄▄█ ▀▀█ █▀▀
█▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀

▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄ █░█   █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█
░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▄   █▄▄█ █░░█ █░░█
░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░▀   ▄▄▄█ ▀▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀
Post edited July 04, 2019 by Vingry
TheDudeLebowski: Maybe we should simply start ignoring people who obviously don't bother with the first post.
Vingry: Maybe someone could volunteer in posting a reminder to those new to this community giveaway to head over to the first post every time a new page has been created. Which I think I might do if no one's willing.

█▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄ ▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █░░ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ ░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▄▄▀ █░░█ █░░ █▀▀ ▀▀█ █░░█ █░░█
▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀░ ░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀ ░▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░░▀

▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀ █▀▀ ░▀░ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▀ █▀▀
░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▄▄▀ ▀▀█ ░░█░░ █░░█ █▄▄█ █░▀█ █▀▀
░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀

▀▀█▀▀ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄ █░█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█
░░█░░ █▀▀█ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▄ █▄▄█ █░░█ █░░█
░░▀░░ ▀░░▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀▀▀▀ ░▀▀▀
LOL overkill! Uprepped!
Post edited July 04, 2019 by TheDudeLebowski
Vingry: Maybe someone could volunteer in posting a reminder to those new to this community giveaway to head over to the first post every time a new page has been created. Which I think I might do if no one's willing.

TheDudeLebowski: LOL overkill! Uprepped!
If mere words don't work, make them uppercase. Thank you btw. :)

You know, this is actually a pretty good idea. Zeo holds the first 4 posts in the thread, and for a while #1 was pinned.

It didn't work since occasionally the rules needed tweaking.

But since the donations list is shorter, he could leave post #4 as is, combine #2/#3 into #3, move the rules into #2, and then post something eyepopping and permanent like you've written into #1 and have that pinned.

...Of course, there would still be some who didn't read it.
bler144: ...Of course, there would still be some who didn't read it.
That is the problem. People read "giveaway", click on it, get redirected to the last page and just add their request. It does not even occur to some that there might be some rules to the whole thing. Imo you could post 10 times to please read the OP ... you might make things slightly better but you will never make them good. After all it is "free games" and sometimes the mind switches off in such a case ;)

bler144: You know, this is actually a pretty good idea. Zeo holds the first 4 posts in the thread, and for a while #1 was pinned.

It didn't work since occasionally the rules needed tweaking.

But since the donations list is shorter, he could leave post #4 as is, combine #2/#3 into #3, move the rules into #2, and then post something eyepopping and permanent like you've written into #1 and have that pinned.

...Of course, there would still be some who didn't read it.
Your idea might actually work, that is if everyone were to even bother reading the first post (like what you said, some people would still not read it no matter what).

Maybe, those huge words thingy can be set as the first post that will automatically appear whenever a new page is created (like how GOG announcements work). But then, that would require the help of one of the GOG admins here.

MarkoH01: After all it is "free games" and sometimes the mind switches off in such a case ;)
GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY!!! FREE GAMES FREE GAMES FREE GAMES FREE GAMES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTk4tkP-h_4
Vingry: Maybe, those huge words thingy can be set as the first post that will automatically appear whenever a new page is created (like how GOG announcements work). But then, that would require the help of one of the GOG admins here.
Afaik that's not even possible at all. You can only pin the first post and it only stays pinned until you edit it.
Vingry: Maybe, those huge words thingy can be set as the first post that will automatically appear whenever a new page is created (like how GOG announcements work). But then, that would require the help of one of the GOG admins here.
MarkoH01: Afaik that's not even possible at all. You can only pin the first post and it only stays pinned until you edit it.
Aww man, that sucks.. Well, for the meantime, let's just stick to the manual idea. That is, if anyone's willing enough to volunteer. :)
MarkoH01: Afaik that's not even possible at all. You can only pin the first post and it only stays pinned until you edit it.
...but...that's what we're talking about, isn't it? Having an eye-popping pinned post that wouldn't need to be edited with a link back to post#2 (rules) and #3 (available games).

That in theory wouldn't need to be edited, and thus could stay pinned.
bler144: ...but...that's what we're talking about, isn't it? Having an eye-popping pinned post that wouldn't need to be edited with a link back to post#2 (rules) and #3 (available games).

You were talking about a DIFFERENT post that will be pinned but you can only pin the OP. So you would have to add the big letters to the OP and then pin it to all pages. Imo that's a different thing.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by MarkoH01
Vingry: Aww man, that sucks.. Well, for the meantime, let's just stick to the manual idea. That is, if anyone's willing enough to volunteer. :)
That is harder than it sounds. Some people view the forums at the default 20 posts/page, whereas others use the 50 posts/page.

So you'd have to have someone who knew to do so available to post at every multiple of 20 & 50.

bler144: ...but...that's what we're talking about, isn't it? Having an eye-popping pinned post that wouldn't need to be edited with a link back to post#2 (rules) and #3 (available games).

MarkoH01: You were talking about a DIFFERENT post that will be pinned but you can only pin the OP. So you would have to add the big letters to the OP and then pin it to all pages. Imo that's a different thing.
I may not have been clear, but no, I was saying to move what is currently #2 into #3, current #1 into #2, and make the BIG LETTERS post #1 to pin it.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by bler144
Vingry: Aww man, that sucks.. Well, for the meantime, let's just stick to the manual idea. That is, if anyone's willing enough to volunteer. :)
bler144: That is harder than it sounds. Some people view the forums at the default 20 posts/page, whereas others use the 50 posts/page.

So you'd have to have someone who knew to do so available to post at every multiple of 20 & 50.
Do you remember when people posted summarys of games already requested and therefore unavailable? Two posts later somebody requested those again. It simply does not work.
bler144: That is harder than it sounds. Some people view the forums at the default 20 posts/page, whereas others use the 50 posts/page.

MarkoH01: You were talking about a DIFFERENT post that will be pinned but you can only pin the OP. So you would have to add the big letters to the OP and then pin it to all pages. Imo that's a different thing.
bler144: I may not have been clear, but no, I was saying to move what is currently #2 into #3, current #1 into #2, and make the BIG LETTERS post #1 to pin it.
Okay, yes, that would work - it still would not help much imo but it would work.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by MarkoH01