It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bjgamer: You are very welcome. Hm, no it wasn't on giveaway (I bought it for donation). I don't know if it was ever a freebie or not or why it was daggered. No matter - I hope you have fun with it, It is another of those older RTS faves of mine.
Thanks for the holiday wishes and Happy Holidays to you also. :)
Makotolia: Thank you! (We shall wait for about another month until our holiday though;) I guess I’d enjoy it just like the Eador: Genesis I received also from you months ago! Thanks again!
On that day I will wish you a very Happy and Prosperous Year of the Earth Pig. :)
Makotolia: Thanks to gixgox and zeo for Little Big Adventure!
I hope you have fun with this adventure,
zeogold: There actually kind of is. As was found out on bizarre, random accident some time ago, you can type what seems like almost anything into the redeem page and it'll bring up a game, it just won't let you redeem it. Try redeeming "zeogold", for example. It'll bring up Guacamelee, but it'll present an error if you attempt to redeem.
If you try to redeem "ass", The Witcher 3 appears. But sadly there's no game for "poop"
I guess Sudeki is already gone? If not I would be interested in this one.
DELETED
Post edited December 27, 2018 by Vingry
I would like to nominate pazzer for Etherlords 2, as Santa didn't seem to notice it on his wishlist.

-----
Vingry: May I have Earth 2160 Trilogy?

Thank you.
I believe that is Earth 2150 Trilogy, not the Earth 2160 game, just in case you are specifically wanting 2160.
Post edited December 27, 2018 by bjgamer
bjgamer: I would like to nominate pazzer for Etherlords 2, as Santa didn't seem to notice it on his wishlist.

-----
Vingry: May I have Earth 2160 Trilogy?

Thank you.
bjgamer: I believe that is Earth 2150 Trilogy, not the Earth 2160 game, just in case you are specifically wanting 2160.
Oh I just realised my mistake! Thanks for pointing it out to me. I'll change it right away.
Themken: Please do not do that just in case one of those is an actual code.

GOG should have implemented traps to catch those but I wonder sometimes.
There's no harm. If hammering random codes were profitable (i.e. the likelihood of landing on a real key were not infinitesimal), bots would already be doing it. But it's not.

These are 80 bit keys. Assuming there were a billion unredeemed keys, you'd have roughly a one in quadrillion (1.000.000.000.000.000) chance of guessing a valid key.

It's easier to guess credit card numbers (including the three or four digit cvc on the back side) than it is to guess these keys.
Post edited December 27, 2018 by clarry
clarry:
Yes teacher :-)
KrysTOFF: I checked the list on first page and saw a game named Everspace that I never heard of before.

Those who have it, would you say it is a relevant game for me who is a long-time fan and still play the Wing Commander/Privateer games ? I ask because I don't really see what a "space rogue-like game" means to be honest. ^_^

If you consider it close enough to the Wing Commander/Privateer games then I would be very happy to get a key for that Everspace game. If Everspace's gameplay is really different then I'll pass and let the key to someone else.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
srhill: I've been playing this one for days. If you can get into it, it's very entertaining (and addictive), but be warned that it's also quite challenging. I've seen a number of complaints from people who think that it's too difficult, and while it certainly has a learning curve, practice will make you better.

It's similar to Wing Commander in the sense that all modern space sims are more or less like Wing Commander (or X-Wing, or TIE Fighter, or Freespace, etc.). The one game that it probably reminds me of more than any other is Freelancer (though there are some important differences), as the emphasis is upon fast-paced combat. There's both a third-person view and an in-cockpit view (which is surprisingly detailed), and you can use either. The game is single-player only; there is no multiplayer mode.

Everspace has only a loose plot and no rigid structure; there are no mission briefings. You pick a starting loadout and difficulty level, launch your ship, and fight your way across several sectors of space toward a set (but unknown, during the story) destination. The specific enemies, environments, and level layouts are randomized (up to a point; early sectors are generally easier, while later ones are more difficult). New weapons and equipment are salvaged from what you can find and equipped on the fly. Then you die, because the game is hard. But when you die, you go back to the hangar, use the money you earned on your last run to purchase permanent upgrades for your ship (or a new ship entirely), and then you try again. This process repeats itself several times until you reach the final sector and resolve the plot, which should take you, at a minimum, a couple of dozen attempts.

It's not for everyone, and there are parts that feel unpolished (the DLC helps to flesh things out a little), but as I said, if you can get into it, you'll enjoy it. It's also very pretty.
Many thanks for that detailled feedback shrill ! :-)
Absence of plot is not such an issue, you can play also quite freely like that in Privateer games (like good old Elite too). I don't know Freespace nor Freelancer. I see there are 2 Freespace games on GOG and with a discount, I'll go for them first then. ;-)
Overall, Everspace looks like a game I would like so I will add it to my wishlist (waiting for a discount, money is short after Christmas when you have 4 children).

Thanks again shrill for that feedback.

edit : I bought both Freespace games + Thimbleweed Park and got Everspace for free finally, so all is good for me, please zeogold forget my request for Everspace. ;-)
Post edited December 27, 2018 by KrysTOFF
Thank you, LynetteC, for Jade Empire. Smiling Mountain gathers no moss. :)
Makotolia: Thanks to bjgamer for Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf (again, I wonder why this is daggered though. There was a massive giveaway?)
yep
Makotolia: Thanks to bjgamer for Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf (again, I wonder why this is daggered though. There was a massive giveaway?)
Cavalary: yep
You guys always surprise me...
May I ask for Return to Krondor ?
KrysTOFF: edit : I bought both Freespace games + Thimbleweed Park and got Everspace for free finally, so all is good for me, please zeogold forget my request for Everspace. ;-)
Freelancer has not been available since its retail release back in 2003. The rights to the game are owned by Microsoft, and they've been holding on to them pretty tightly. However, it's one of the most-requested games here at GOG, so we may end up seeing it sooner or later.

There's a good chance that the Freespace series may be the best space sim games ever made, and have been favorites of mine for years. However, they're both about 20 years old and may not run well on modern systems. The source code for Freespace 2 has been released to the public and has been maintained and improved in the intervening years, resulting in the addition of many new features and effects that make the game look and play much better than retail. The improved game engine (Freespace Open, sometimes called the Freespace Source Code Project) is free to use, and requires only the files from the original Freespace 2 to play (which you have). I would strongly recommend that you take a look at Hard Light Productions (which hosts Freespace Open), the Freespace wiki, and GOG's own Freespace forum for instructions on how to install it. It used to be a hassle, but I understand that the process has become considerably more user-friendly over the years.

Since you're a fan of Wing Commander, you may also enjoy Darkest Dawn, a 50-mission fan-made standalone game that runs on the Freespace Open engine and is intended as a "companion" campaign for Wing Commander III. Like Freespace Open, it's free to download.