It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: Find myself obliged to mention (again) that 2004 for me means Bloodlines, despite the state at launch.
I didn't hear about Bloodlines at that time, but it looks like something I would've liked.
mateog3112: What a year, GTA San Andreas, Doom 3, Halo 2, and Half Life 2... An that was 14 years ago!
And Steam....

Cavalary: Find myself obliged to mention (again) that 2004 for me means Bloodlines, despite the state at launch.
For for me probably the most important game of that year, although I played it only much later.
toxicTom: For for me probably the most important game of that year, although I played it only much later.
I played the game in 2017 for the first time and it's somewhere about my top 3 of crpgs and computer games in general.
bjgamer: You are both very welcome. Hope you enjoy your games!
Yes! I enjoyed Majesty in the past, but had trouble to run it on modern OS.
Also, I had no expansion pack which is included in HD release.
Lexor: Yes! I enjoyed Majesty in the past, but had trouble to run it on modern OS.
I am happy you are enjoying it! I also played it in the past and found the HD version on GoG. I had so much fun with it again that I got an extra copy to share here. :)
Lexor: Yes! I enjoyed Majesty in the past, but had trouble to run it on modern OS.
One of the best expansions I have ever seen. It really test if you have learnt the game well :) pretty hard but rewarding as well
toxicTom: Released 2004... I feel old.
mateog3112: What a year, GTA San Andreas, Doom 3, Halo 2, and Half Life 2... An that was 14 years ago!
Yeah, truly a golden era and a great year in particular. And I played none of those games.
It makes me think what the hell have I been doing with my life... :-P

Ahhh... new copy of Civ III, 2001 vintage!...
I'll just let it breath at room temperature for a little bit before diving in.
Thank you docbear1975. Gracias, zeo.
Post edited January 29, 2018 by Gede
Gede: Yeah, truly a golden era and a great year in particular. And I played none of those games.
Out of those in that list, me neither, but then again they're not of a genre I have any interest in, so go figure.
(Pardon, I started HL2, wandered around the starting area for a bit, got beaten up by a cop, quit and uninstalled.)
Gede: Yeah, truly a golden era and a great year in particular. And I played none of those games.
Cavalary: Out of those in that list, me neither, but then again they're not of a genre I have any interest in, so go figure.
(Pardon, I started HL2, wandered around the starting area for a bit, got beaten up by a cop, quit and uninstalled.)
You should consider giving it another go. You missed out on a great game. In 2012, the Video Game Awards named it the best game of the (at the time) past decade.
finkleroy: You should consider giving it another go. You missed out on a great game. In 2012, the Video Game Awards named it the best game of the (at the time) past decade.
Maybe I should too... There is that Orange Box box lying on the shelf. I presume I could sell it as long as I do not open and install it. Also afraid it would not install since I bought it in another country than where I am now.
Cavalary: Out of those in that list, me neither, but then again they're not of a genre I have any interest in, so go figure.
finkleroy: You should consider giving it another go. You missed out on a great game. In 2012, the Video Game Awards named it the best game of the (at the time) past decade.
Nah. Don't care for FPSs. At all. Nor for modern (or PA) settings.
Best game 2003-2012? Debatable...

It's certainly a good game, but when it came out I was mightily disappointed - Maybe because I expected it to build upon the strengths of the original HL... The level design was a complex as a garden hose and the fantastic enemy AI of HL1 was nowhere to be seen. The gravity gun was fun for a while, but even that got old after a while.
In retrospect I'm not that angry about it any more... hose levels have become the norm and FPS games with good AI are still uncommon, so in my book it ends up as an average game with - admittedly - fantastic atmosphere in parts.
Well, Doom 3 BFG is on GOG, and I think it comes with Doom 1 and 2, so now's a great time to jump into it
mateog3112: Well, Doom 3 BFG is on GOG, and I think it comes with Doom 1 and 2, so now's a great time to jump into it
Hmm, I never noticed. It would be nice though it Doom 1 & 2 would be separately downloadable.
mateog3112: Well, Doom 3 BFG is on GOG, and I think it comes with Doom 1 and 2, so now's a great time to jump into it
I would not recommend buying Doom 3 BFG instead of the single DOOM packages because Doom 3 BFG only delivers the censored versions and is itself also quite different than the original DOOM 3 which is unfortunately not available here on GOG yet.