It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ghorpm: May I request Think of the Children?
Granted.
May I ask for Tex Murphy: Overseer please? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year zeo & GOG Community!
triock: May I ask for Tex Murphy: Overseer please? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year zeo & GOG Community!
Granted.
Thank you MarkoH01 & zeo!
triock: Thank you MarkoH01 & zeo!
You're welcome for whatever I did :D
zeogold: For now, in terms of BenKii's current nomination list, how about this:
I'll inform the nominees that the games are available and they're welcome to come grab them, but won't "reserve" it like is normally done for nominations. Does that work?
Sounds fine for me. A nomination is not a gone game it's a suggestion from another user. The only thing that makes this issue even difficult is the fact that nominations are reserved therefore not available AT THIS MOMENT. I am pretty sure that BenKii does not randomly nominate people - he is probably actively looking at their wishlists and in case the wish list is up to date it's simply not the case that those people do not really want the game (see the request of Klumpen as example). They might however miss such additions and that's one reason why nominations still are important imo.
Post edited January 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
LootHunter: Hi. It's new month and I would like to ask for Dungeon Keeper 2 or Total Annihilation: Commander Pack.
zeogold: Gonna have to pick one of 'em unless you fancy a coin toss.
Ok, I want DK2 more. ;) I just didn't know about nominations thing.
Thank you Zeo and SnuggleRays for Broforce!!!!! I want to wish you all the best in 2018 :D. To you both and to the lovely community :D. This is the best christmas/new years present for me. One more time thank you so much :P
zeogold: For now, in terms of BenKii's current nomination list, how about this:
I'll inform the nominees that the games are available and they're welcome to come grab them, but won't "reserve" it like is normally done for nominations. Does that work?
That's an interesting idea, but it may result in a fair amount of disappointment and maybe even grudges, because if people are nominated for a game but that doesn't result in it being reserved for them, everyone else sees that those games are likely to be gone very soon, so if anyone who sees that has any interest in one and isn't particularly keen to defer to the nominee, they'll likely jump on it even if they were only barely considering it before, leaving the nominee with nothing by the time they'll see the message. So if a nomination will essentially become a notification that a wishlisted game is available, shouldn't the nominator try to do that first (assuming chat is public - otherwise you won't normally be able to do it either)?

So how about something like:
- Nominations are always free and even encouraged for daggered and, even more so, expiring games.
- You get to decide if and when nomination drives for some or all other games are open and on what terms. If the list gets large and sustainably replenished I guess, if there are multiples of non-daggered games, or whatever.
- Outside said nomination drives, there's a limit to how many nominations one can make. Remains to discuss what that is, whether daggered/expiring only in first week as was suggested, or first couple of days at least, if (also, past that) 3 / day or even 1 / day for non-daggered/expiring, and/or not allowing nominations for a game within a day or two of it being added, whatever.
- You may also get to decide whether certain games are under more nomination restrictions. Like, say, new or expensive games not allowed to go in nominations right after being added if the rule isn't adopted in general, or such a game taking up all of a person's nomination "allowance" for a day or a week or whatever if made.

Yeah, I tend to make things complicated, and this isn't what this is about. Should be something for people to feel nice giving and receiving, and also nominating. But when the supply has changed (and community has, because GOG has... don't get me started, didn't even post in their end of 2017 thread, didn't even look there, (didn't post in that one with the invited forum members either for that matter, didn't even finish reading it, got fed up of forum members defending them, or at least accepting the situation even more openly) would just chew them all up again over the same old)...
Meh. Shouldn't have said anything probably.
Cavalary: ....didn't post in that one with the invited forum members either for that matter, didn't even finish reading it, got fed up of forum members defending them, or at least accepting the situation even more openly.
So we were defending GOG and telling everybody to accept the situation as it is? If that's what you took out of the "6 went to GOG HQ" thread we did something completely wrong. All we were doing was to inform the community about the things GOG told to us to explain WHY things changed as much as we were allowed to. When we were there we told GOG what we and the community did not like and they tried to explain their side of the story to us. All we did was giving the community that information - or at least parts of it. In hindsight I now often wish that we simply did not mention this whole thing at all. We thought it would be nice to give the community as much information as possible about our talks as we could and now we are considered to be the GOG fanboys because of that.

You are sick of reading how people defend GOG (which in most cases is nothing more than a try to explain things as far as that is possible) and I am sick of being seen as a GOG fanboy. You did not post in the end of 2017 thread but did you read it? Then you should have seen this as well. Does that sound like I would defend GOG no matter what?
Post edited January 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
Maybe the simplest way would be to limit nominations the same way as requests: 1 per person per month apart from daggered games?
I don't think the number of nominations should be limited, because those people just want to make others happy, which is a good thing, but yeah, it's a bit unfair that almost every non-daggered game is given away right after the beginning of the month without even giving others a chance. This basically just discourages people to even bother checking this thread, and this is not what this giveaway should be about.

A suggestion: how about making games only nominatable if 3~4 days have passed since they were added? Maybe mark the new games with bold letters? Or add the date behind them when they were added? (except games that expire, or daggered games ofc)
Also, how about "no nominations in the first 1~2 days of the month?" so peope who had their monthly limits full perviously can grab something?
This would give time for those who really want a game to grab it themselves, and wouldn't discourage nominations either.

Just suggestions :)
Post edited January 01, 2018 by MadyNora
Thank you zeogold for hosting the giveaway and mchack for the game! :)
BenKii: 01kipper for Star Wolves
Thank you for the nomination, I appreciate the thought but I'm going to pass at this time.
high rated
It appears my latest list of nominations has offended some people here and for that I apologize. The only reason I do these nomination lists is because I thought people (especially the ones that got nominated) liked it but if the community as a whole wishes it, then I'll refrain from any further nominations on the CG. Many thanks to zeogold for keeping this giveaway going and I wish everyone on Gog a happy new year. :)
deleted