It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I guess point and click adventures simply are not your kind of genre then. Because they basically always are just clicking icon on icon - it's the way they work. No challenge? The challenge is to find out which item to use whith which item and to do this you have to solve a logical challenge.
01kipper: I did not enjoy Broken Sword either, I found it too linear and too easy with not enough exploring. In general however point-and-click adventures are one of my favourite game genres (mostly humorous point-and-clicks though).
It's been a long time since I played it but I do remember finding myself struggling a few times. In the end I guess it's often subjective if puzzles are easy or not and it depends on the player. Regarding the linearity: there are point and click adventures that aren't linear?

But like with nearly all games there will always be people who like them and people who dislike them and imo both opinions are completely valid :)
Post edited November 09, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I guess point and click adventures simply are not your kind of genre then. Because they basically always are just clicking icon on icon - it's the way they work. No challenge? The challenge is to find out which item to use whith which item and to do this you have to solve a logical challenge.
nah, point and click adventures are perhaps my favorite genre of games (them or RPGs?), don't make assumptions

Broken Sword had zero challenge of finding which items to use with what, there was no logical figurings of anything, just boring obviousnesses that seemed like busy work, to again, advance a really boring story
drealmer7: nah, point and click adventures are perhaps my favorite genre of games (them or RPGs?), don't make assumptions
Hopefully I did not offend you - this was not my intention. It was just the wording of "no challenge" that sounded a bit to me like a person who is more into games with more action. Guess I was wrong here.

drealmer7: Broken Sword had zero challenge of finding which items to use with what, there was no logical figurings of anything, just boring obviousnesses that seemed like busy work, to again, advance a really boring story
I understand. Well, luckily for me it was enough challenge but maybe I am just a little bit more stupid then ;)
nah not offended!!

*hug*
drealmer7: nah not offended!!

*hug*
*hug back*

All rainbows and unicorns again - you have to love this life :)
This p'n'c war... what have I done!
I'm trying to figure out what WARSOW is but I don't see it in the GOG store. I copied and the name from here so there's no chance of spelling it wrong. Is it no longer offered?
Gerin: I'm trying to figure out what WARSOW is but I don't see it in the GOG store. I copied and the name from here so there's no chance of spelling it wrong. Is it no longer offered?
Yep, it was removed just nine days ago.
thx
Gerin: I'm trying to figure out what WARSOW is but I don't see it in the GOG store. I copied and the name from here so there's no chance of spelling it wrong. Is it no longer offered?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Yep, it was removed just nine days ago.
Not only from GOG:
https://www.warsow.net/
What happened?

Well, there's always:
http://www.xonotic.org/
Enebias: This p'n'c war... what have I done!
It's not a war ... just a discussion and an exchange of opinions. All is cool and nice here :)
Afair there was or even is a Warsow giveaway here. You could try getting a copy there and test it for yourself. The game mostly is MP only and does not make much fun playing SP imo. I got it when it was here for free and it ended up hidden in my library. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Edit: The giveaway I was talking about was here.

edit2: Three keys left if I read correctly.
Post edited November 10, 2017 by MarkoH01
Enebias: This p'n'c war... what have I done!
MarkoH01: It's not a war ... just a discussion and an exchange of opinions. All is cool and nice here :)
MarkoH01: Afair there was or even is a Warsow giveaway here. You could try getting a copy there and test it for yourself. The game mostly is MP only and does not make much fun playing SP imo. I got it when it was here for free and it ended up hidden in my library. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Edit: The giveaway I was talking about was here.

edit2: Three keys left if I read correctly.
Thank you for that suggestion
Point_Man: May I have Ghost Master if it's still available?
Granted.

Also, for the record, Broken Sword 1 and 2 are great, 3 and 4 suck, 5 is the developers' attempt to forget 3 and 4 ever happened.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by zeogold
There's also unofficial Broken Sword 2.5 - http://www.brokensword25.com/
hello. does baldurs gate 2 still available?