It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you aghem and zeogold for WARSOW game.
May I have Ghost Master if it's still available?
Hey you! Yes, you, adventure game neophite. Get Broken Sword, now. One of the best in the genre, it doesn't get much better than this. Imo it is essential for its genre as Doom is for shooters, nobody should really miss it. The sequels are just ok, but the first one is a masterpiece.
Enebias: Hey you! Yes, you, adventure game neophite. Get Broken Sword, now. One of the best in the genre, it doesn't get much better than this. Imo it is essential for its genre as Doom is for shooters, nobody should really miss it. The sequels are just ok, but the first one is a masterpiece.
I always wanted to give it a shot. I never really got into adventure genre but I have very fond memories about few such games from my childhood. Broken Sword is from the same era so I might like it.
Post edited November 07, 2017 by Aramandur
Enebias: Hey you! Yes, you, adventure game neophite. Get Broken Sword, now. One of the best in the genre, it doesn't get much better than this. Imo it is essential for its genre as Doom is for shooters, nobody should really miss it. The sequels are just ok, but the first one is a masterpiece.
I whole-heartedly agree.
Klumpen0815: I whole-heartedly agree.
It is a great and beautifully animated game but for me there is not enough drama in it (it's more classic adventure and exploring than mystery) so I personally prefer Gabriel Knight but of course this is extremely subjective. However I would always agree that people who never played Broken Sword and are interested in the genre definitely should get it.
I second that emotion!!!
MarkoH01: It is a great and beautifully animated game but for me there is not enough drama in it (it's more classic adventure and exploring than mystery) so I personally prefer Gabriel Knight but of course this is extremely subjective. However I would always agree that people who never played Broken Sword and are interested in the genre definitely should get it.
I would agree with that. Though I played the GK games when they were released and only cycled back to BS later, so perhaps that's part of it too.
Boring Sword is what I call that game, I can't believe I bought the bundle at whatever point without having played them, I couldn't get 1/2way through the first game...

I tried and tried and tried, but...omg it was SO BORING, and ZERO challenge - "just keep clickingon icons to further the dullass story"
drealmer7: Boring Sword is what I call that game, I can't believe I bought the bundle at whatever point without having played them, I couldn't get 1/2way through the first game...

I tried and tried and tried, but...omg it was SO BORING, and ZERO challenge - "just keep clickingon icons to further the dullass story"
But SVGA!
And full voice acting!
And real instrument soundtrack!
And smooth animations!
And two CD-roms full of content!
And an Arkanoid clone in the installer!
And templars!
etc...

You make me sad. :(
Post edited November 08, 2017 by Klumpen0815
OK guys you've coerced me to replay Broken Sword Directors Cut for my 4th play through. But why is Steam needing 2.4 Gig and GOG only requires 1.3?

MarkoH01: It is a great and beautifully animated game but for me there is not enough drama in it (it's more classic adventure and exploring than mystery) so I personally prefer Gabriel Knight but of course this is extremely subjective. However I would always agree that people who never played Broken Sword and are interested in the genre definitely should get it.
I prefer Broken Sword but I played that first so I don't know if that's part of. I prefer the characters, humour and voice acting of Revolutions game.

Either way any fan of the genre should play both remakes.
drealmer7: Boring Sword is what I call that game, I can't believe I bought the bundle at whatever point without having played them, I couldn't get 1/2way through the first game...

Funny you mention that, I always liked the series very much. The fourth one is the only one I didn't finish, all the others I had pretty good times with them.

I guess point and click adventures simply are not your kind of genre then. Because they basically always are just clicking icon on icon - it's the way they work. No challenge? The challenge is to find out which item to use whith which item and to do this you have to solve a logical challenge.
Klumpen0815: And an Arkanoid clone in the installer!
Unfortunately this is gone in the GOG version though :(
Post edited November 08, 2017 by MarkoH01

MarkoH01: I guess point and click adventures simply are not your kind of genre then. Because they basically always are just clicking icon on icon - it's the way they work. No challenge? The challenge is to find out which item to use whith which item and to do this you have to solve a logical challenge.
I did not enjoy Broken Sword either, I found it too linear and too easy with not enough exploring. In general however point-and-click adventures are one of my favourite game genres (mostly humorous point-and-clicks though).
01kipper: I did not enjoy Broken Sword either, I found it too linear and too easy with not enough exploring. In general however point-and-click adventures are one of my favourite game genres (mostly humorous point-and-clicks though).
Same here. I may be a LucasArts fanboy, but Broken Sword always struck me as a kind of dull and lame attempt at recreating the Indiana Jones point'n'click adventures. The story and characters pretend to be serious but they are actually ridiculous. Honorable mention for George Stobbard and how unlikeable he is. God, I fucking hated him!!

[Deep breath]

[Deep breath]

[Deep breath]

It's OK, I'm fine. Please excuse my outburst but I really hate those games and I cannot help it when I read too much praise for them.