It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Domy85:
Think you're in the wrong thread for this. If you have codes you want to have used as part of this giveaway, send them to zeogold and he'll add them to the list, this is not for other giveaways. And if you want games you don't see on the list of games available, don't ask here.
If you want to make your own giveaway, you can do so separately. If you want to ask for something, you can try the community gifting thread, but be aware that those who ask tend to be badly downvoted. If you want to trade, you can trythe trading thread.
high rated
I know that it is offtopic and i want to appolagize, for this, but i just want to add my 2 cents to the stalker keys situation. I contacted support about this, since i have all three games and a GOG forum fella told me about the keys beeing not actually serial but gog redeemable and asking if it is possible for me to gift them to him. I want to do this, since the guy is always friendly and cool in general. Back to the topic, i always tought that these keys are 4 the multiplayer. I checked however if i can redeem them and was pleasantly suprised that i can. However, i mailed support, since there is no official info of extra game keys destributed with each copy. The answer i got was that these keys are meant strictly for the multiplayer and the customer service employee sounded generally very surprised from my question and asked me to clarify what made me beleive that these keys could be redeemed for a copies of the games. I send him back one screenshot of the first game key in my library, and one more from the same key pasted in the gog redeeme subpage available for redeemtion. That was yesterday and still no answer. In addition, i played stalker soc in multiplayer for around 10 min yesterday and was not asked for the key at any point.

It is clear that very collosal mistake had happened and clearly those keys are not ment for providing extra game copies. I can speculate here, but probably there is an error in the software resposible for the serial keys generation or human error. However, in my oppinion we should be decent human beeings and do not share these codes anymore, because this is a mistake and when mistakes happen, such that cost money, someone has to pay the bill. I can imagine someone losing his/hers job, since destribution of free keys ( what essentially is happening) without agreement between gog and the publisher is major breach of trust and contract. The case is even worse,since as far as what i understood from the posts in this thread, the already redeemed keys are generating even more (in some cases ) redeemable keys. So that is everything i wanted to add. Lets dont give away something which is not ours to give away. I hope that nobody from the gog employees will have problems, because of this.

Just my 2 cents
Domy85:
Cavalary: Think you're in the wrong thread for this. If you have codes you want to have used as part of this giveaway, send them to zeogold and he'll add them to the list, this is not for other giveaways. And if you want games you don't see on the list of games available, don't ask here.
If you want to make your own giveaway, you can do so separately. If you want to ask for something, you can try the community gifting thread, but be aware that those who ask tend to be badly downvoted. If you want to trade, you can trythe trading thread.
Sorry for the mistake. Thanks for letting me know.
Like I said I haven’t been here for ages.
WOW, I had requested S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, but since something went wrong with the codes, I will try with something else.

Zeogold be my partner in crime
Quick send me a code for RiME
Dogmaus:
At least you need no code to rhyme :-)
Dogmaus:
Themken: At least you need no code to rhyme :-)
I;m sure Zeogold will get to you in time. :)
obi4ammama: I know that it is offtopic and i want to appolagize, for this, but i just want to add my 2 cents to the stalker keys situation. I contacted support about this, since i have all three games and a GOG forum fella told me about the keys beeing not actually serial but gog redeemable and asking if it is possible for me to gift them to him. I want to do this, since the guy is always friendly and cool in general. Back to the topic, i always tought that these keys are 4 the multiplayer. I checked however if i can redeem them and was pleasantly suprised that i can. However, i mailed support, since there is no official info of extra game keys destributed with each copy. The answer i got was that these keys are meant strictly for the multiplayer and the customer service employee sounded generally very surprised from my question and asked me to clarify what made me beleive that these keys could be redeemed for a copies of the games. I send him back one screenshot of the first game key in my library, and one more from the same key pasted in the gog redeeme subpage available for redeemtion. That was yesterday and still no answer. In addition, i played stalker soc in multiplayer for around 10 min yesterday and was not asked for the key at any point.

It is clear that very collosal mistake had happened and clearly those keys are not ment for providing extra game copies. I can speculate here, but probably there is an error in the software resposible for the serial keys generation or human error. However, in my oppinion we should be decent human beeings and do not share these codes anymore, because this is a mistake and when mistakes happen, such that cost money, someone has to pay the bill. I can imagine someone losing his/hers job, since destribution of free keys ( what essentially is happening) without agreement between gog and the publisher is major breach of trust and contract. The case is even worse,since as far as what i understood from the posts in this thread, the already redeemed keys are generating even more (in some cases ) redeemable keys. So that is everything i wanted to add. Lets dont give away something which is not ours to give away. I hope that nobody from the gog employees will have problems, because of this.

Just my 2 cents
It's possible that this was a mistake on GOG's part, and it's also possible that that particular employee simply didn't know about this. It's not the only game that spawns free keys. If it is a mistake, its a huge one that's been going on for at least 11 months. I'd think someone on the GOG staff would have noticed what was happening by now. I'm also surprised that they got right back to you, but it's been 6 days and I still haven't heard anything from GOG regarding the Dying Light situation.

I don't want anyone to lose their job, either. One day, after shopping at Safeway (a national chain of grocery stores), I checked my receipt and saw that instead of being on sale, a package of ground turkey was given to me for free. I was concerned that someone in the meat department had accidentally entered the wrong amount of the discount and would maybe be fired or have the lost revenue come out of their paycheck, so I called the store's customer service and told them about it. The following day, I noticed that all of those packages of ground turkey were no longer for sale. If this is a bug, I hope GOG can fix it without pulling the games from their store.
Post edited June 05, 2018 by finkleroy
obi4ammama: The case is even worse,since as far as what i understood from the posts in this thread, the already redeemed keys are generating even more (in some cases ) redeemable keys. So that is everything i wanted to add. Lets dont give away something which is not ours to give away. I hope that nobody from the gog employees will have problems, because of this.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks for posting this - yeah that's pretty crazy (especially the keys making more). I hope Support gets a handle on this ASAP before a lot of harm is done.

I know it's Zeo's thread but you may want to consider pulling the keys until there's a more clear answer on their purpose.
obi4ammama: I know that it is offtopic and i want to appolagize, for this, but i just want to add my 2 cents to the stalker keys situation. I contacted support about this, since i have all three games and a GOG forum fella told me about the keys beeing not actually serial but gog redeemable and asking if it is possible for me to gift them to him. I want to do this, since the guy is always friendly and cool in general. Back to the topic, i always tought that these keys are 4 the multiplayer. I checked however if i can redeem them and was pleasantly suprised that i can. However, i mailed support, since there is no official info of extra game keys destributed with each copy. The answer i got was that these keys are meant strictly for the multiplayer and the customer service employee sounded generally very surprised from my question and asked me to clarify what made me beleive that these keys could be redeemed for a copies of the games. I send him back one screenshot of the first game key in my library, and one more from the same key pasted in the gog redeeme subpage available for redeemtion. That was yesterday and still no answer. In addition, i played stalker soc in multiplayer for around 10 min yesterday and was not asked for the key at any point.

Just my 2 cents
finkleroy: It's possible that this was a mistake on GOG's part, and it's also possible that that particular employee simply didn't know about this. It's not the only game that spawns free keys. If it is a mistake, its a huge one that's been going on for at least 11 months. I'd think someone on the GOG staff would have noticed what was happening by now. I'm also surprised that they got right back to you, but it's been 7 days and I still haven't heard anything from GOG regarding the Dying Light situation.

I don't want anyone to lose their job, either. One day, after shopping at Safeway (a national chain of grocery stores), I checked my receipt and saw that instead of being on sale, a package of ground turkey was given to me for free. I was concerned that someone in the meat department had accidentally entered the wrong amount of the discount and would maybe be fired or have the lost revenue come out of their paycheck, so I called the store's customer service and told them about it. The following day, I noticed that all of those packages of ground turkey were no longer for sale. If this is a bug, I hope GOG can fix it without pulling the games from their store.
Again offtopic, sorry zeo this is my last post regarding this.

About Dying Light, i would suggest you to write them again, as a reply to the automatic email u got from ur first ticket.

I dont know when this started, but i got the info about this just yesterday and i am not regular on the forums or very active in the community overall. Meaning that the word is spreading faster and faster.

P.s. congrats for doing the right thing in the case of the Safeway mistake
O.K. - since everybody is adding a few cents to the Stalker "Situation" I guess I can give mine too.

I do understand obi4ammama's thoughts but I really doubt that anybody would get in big trouble for this or even lose his/her job. Please keep in mind that we are talking about GOG - the store that was not able to fix a forum for several months (or was it years), fix the "game not updated" situation and several things more. Part of GOG unfortunately are mistakes. They try their best but they are far from perfect and everybody who is a bit longer here knows that this is a fact. What I want to say is that GOG is used to mistakes and they also are used to do whatever is necessary to prevent any harm. Also keep in mind that we are not talking about physical copys. We are talking about keys that aren't limited. So it's not that the publisher will wonder one day why so many people do own Stalker on GOG yet they did not get their money for it. The only loss the publisher has is that those receiving those keys probably won't buy this game anymore - which in most case probably wouldn't be the case anyway. Several people who are looking for a key here simply don't have the money. Last but not least: we are not talking about the Witcher 3. We are talking about games that are very often on sale and are not really high priced (at the moment all 3 games are just 10 Euros).

So while it's the ethical and honorable thing to stop this here I also think that we all should not worry too much about it. In the end it's not our responsibility to worry when GOG made a mistake. And again: it's a mistake that probably will not harm anybody at all (see above).
obi4ammama: The case is even worse,since as far as what i understood from the posts in this thread, the already redeemed keys are generating even more (in some cases ) redeemable keys. So that is everything i wanted to add. Lets dont give away something which is not ours to give away. I hope that nobody from the gog employees will have problems, because of this.

Just my 2 cents
Ixamyakxim: Thanks for posting this - yeah that's pretty crazy (especially the keys making more). I hope Support gets a handle on this ASAP before a lot of harm is done.

I know it's Zeo's thread but you may want to consider pulling the keys until there's a more clear answer on their purpose.
I support this suggestion
MarkoH01: O.K. - since everybody is adding a few cents to the Stalker "Situation" I guess I can give mine too.

I do understand obi4ammama's thoughts but I really doubt that anybody would get in big trouble for this or even lose his/her job. Please keep in mind that we are talking about GOG - the store that was not able to fix a forum for several months (or was it years), fix the "game not updated" situation and several things more. Part of GOG unfortunately are mistakes. They try their best but they are far from perfect and everybody who is a bit longer here knows that this is a fact. What I want to say is that GOG is used to mistakes and they also are used to do whatever is necessary to prevent any harm. Also keep in mind that we are not talking about physical copys. We are talking about keys that aren't limited. So it's not that the publisher will wonder one day why so many people do own Stalker on GOG yet they did not get their money for it. The only loss the publisher has is that those receiving those keys probably won't buy this game anymore - which in most case probably wouldn't be the case anyway. Several people who are looking for a key here simply don't have the money. Last but not least: we are not talking about the Witcher 3. We are talking about games that are very often on sale and are not really high priced (at the moment all 3 games are just 10 Euros).

So while it's the ethical and honorable thing to stop this here I also think that we all should not worry too much about it. In the end it's not our responsibility to worry when GOG made a mistake. And again: it's a mistake that probably will not harm anybody at all (see above).
Hope u are right.

However, it is a mistake which includes a third party (the publisher). In addition those keys could be sold u know where. Lastly, even if all 3 games costeed 1 euro, its more than 0.

Dont understand me wrong. I am not saying that surely anything bad will happen. I am not worried about gog as a company paing fine or whatever. But usually someone has to take the blame and usually that one is not the CEO.

That is all and sorry for spaming.
Post edited June 05, 2018 by obi4ammama
obi4ammama: Hope u are right.

However, it is a mistake which includes a third party (the publisher). In addition those keys could be sold u know where. Lastly, even if all 3 games costeed 1 euro, its more than 0.

Dont understand me wrong. I am not saying that surely anything bad will happen. I am not worried about gog as a company paing fine or whatever. But usually someone has to take the blame and usually that one is not the CEO.

That is all and sorry for spaming.
Oh, it's no spamming at all since we are talking about keys that are donated here to this giveaway. Imo it's totally valid to think about those things - and keep in mind that zeo also multiple times said that he does not mind a bit derailing ... in fact he said that he did a big part of it.

I really doubt that those few here in the community will do any harm. The problem might start if people from outside realize that they could sell these keys and getting more and more exploiting the system. Nobody here in the community would do this but the only ones who can prevent this is GOG. You made them aware of the issue so the ball is in their part of the court. It's up to them to decide how important this whole thing really is for them. I thought fixing the basics of the forum would be really important for GOG - I was wrong. We will see how and if GOG is handling this issue.
Sorry, too many years of grocery experience.

finkleroy: I noticed that all of those packages of ground turkey were no longer for sale.
In all honesty, they probably had to toss it. Repackaging and/ or relabeling meat packages gets into legal issues, even if you make sure the same expire date and data is on the packaging. One customer catches you doing it and off they go to the news media.

Even when a customer put a finger nail into the wrapper, it would go into the trash.

Not sure about Safeway but every grocery chain I worked for, that was the policy as far as I remember.

Having said that, as a manager I would rather be told than let it go.

And no I doubt anyone would be fired. And it;s illegal to short a paycheck for something like that. At least in the US.
Following up on the current topic with my opinion, I'd like to point out that we as a community DO have a certain responsibility to protect GOG in case a mistake is identified. While in this particular case the impact may be minimal, there ARE often consequences to these lapses, as can be taken from the shutting down of the GamesRepublic store after the "Civilization VI" situation (if you do not know the case in question, it is easily found on Google... long story short, a glitched discount caused an enormous loss that the developer demanded back). It is not up to us to define what is an acceptable loss to others or not... we should simply opt for clarification instead of immediately exploiting a situation, independently of it being a Witcher 3 or a Stalker.

And if any store would deserve that consideration, GOG would no doubt be it, championing DRM-free, having proper customer care, and having a program like Connect.

It's my opinion, for what it's worth.
Post edited June 06, 2018 by PlayerGuide
hi zeo, If eligible may I please ask for Rime?