It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kleetus: How the hell are these weather forecasts supposed to work?

If it says Maximum 31 degrees today, then why is it actually 38?

Every maximum forecast for my area is always 5 degrees less than the real maximum.

And great, tomorrow is a maximum of 39, which means it will actually be 44.
City slickers (coast) 31,20 miles inland is 40+.That's not hard to figure out.
low rated
Tauto: 31,20 miles inland is 40+.That's not hard to figure out.
What?

I'm not inland, I'm on a narrow peninsula that juts out 12 Kms into the water and is about 20 metres above sea level.

I'm surrounded by water on 3 sides and there is only one road out, I'm about as coastal as you can get,

And the nearest weather station is only in the next suburb.
Kleetus: Happens to us all.

I only recently discovered that Vaseline can be used for things other than as a mastuburation lubricant.
EBToriginal: It however is garbage for brass slides.
Brass mastubation slides, I like how you think.
Post edited January 30, 2017 by Kleetus
low rated
Kleetus: What?

I'm not inland, I'm on a narrow peninsula that juts out 12 Kms into the water and is about 20 metres above sea level.

I'm surrounded by water on 3 sides and there is only one road out, I'm about as coastal as you can get,

East coast or West?East going North is hottest.
Tauto: East coast or West?East going North is hottest.
East, and I realise that, but the weather station is only a 5 minute drive from here.

If it says it's going to be a certain temperature, then it shouldn't be 8 degrees warmer where I am.

Going to be a scorcher today, but luckily there's a southerly later.

I get the best southerlys here because I'm surrounded by water.

I'm semi aquatic.
low rated
Tauto: East coast or West?East going North is hottest.
Kleetus: East, and I realise that, but the weather station is only a 5 minute drive from here.

If it says it's going to be a certain temperature, then it shouldn't be 8 degrees warmer where I am.

Going to be a scorcher today, but luckily there's a southerly later.

I get the best southerlys here because I'm surrounded by water.

I'm semi aquatic.
No one is perfect,well I am.
Kleetus: What?

EBToriginal: It however is garbage for brass slides.
Kleetus: Brass mastubation slides, I like how you think.
You want a nice pliant metal for it. Trust me.
My country just legalized theft, but only if you're a politician. Time to move I guess, while I still can.
Super Bowl LI are causing unavoidable service delays...

First it's train derailment, then Trump inauguration, now this...
Post edited February 03, 2017 by eksasol
God damn it. I just noticed that the washing machine has been washing my clothes at 95 C degrees (=boiling water), instead of the intended 60 degrees. I have no idea how I could have accidentally changed the temperature when selecting the washing program...

It is now rinsing the clothes. It will be interesting to see have the clothes suffered, and how much. Otherwise I don't care that much but there was one nice (but old) casual dress shirt that I kinda like.

At least they should be bacteria-free now, being washed in boiling water...

blotunga: My country just legalized theft, but only if you're a politician. Time to move I guess, while I still can.
Aaah, Romania. It was in the news here too. At least you people are protesting against it on the streets.

Can't you, like, next time vote for politicians who aren't this corrupt? Maybe a new anti-corruption party?
Post edited February 04, 2017 by timppu
timppu: God damn it. I just noticed that the washing machine has been washing my clothes at 95 C degrees (=boiling water), instead of the intended 60 degrees. I have no idea how I could have accidentally changed the temperature when selecting the washing program...

It is now rinsing the clothes. It will be interesting to see have the clothes suffered, and how much. Otherwise I don't care that much but there was one nice (but old) casual dress shirt that I kinda like.

At least they should be bacteria-free now, being washed in boiling water...

blotunga: My country just legalized theft, but only if you're a politician. Time to move I guess, while I still can.
timppu: Aaah, Romania. It was in the news here too. At least you people are protesting against it on the streets.

Can't you, like, next time vote for politicians who aren't this corrupt? Maybe a new anti-corruption party?
But we did vote against them. At least most people I know. The problem is that the thieves party has behind them most retired people whom they gave this month a raise. My parents got 1 euro each :/.
blotunga: But we did vote against them. At least most people I know. The problem is that the thieves party has behind them most retired people whom they gave this month a raise. My parents got 1 euro each :/.
Yet voter apathy is rife.
blotunga: But we did vote against them. At least most people I know. The problem is that the thieves party has behind them most retired people whom they gave this month a raise. My parents got 1 euro each :/.
Can't you people, like, speed up the passing of the elderly who vote wrong? Give them less food or something?

Update to my washing problems: it seems all the clothes survived the 95 C degrees washing programs pretty fine, especially I was surprised that the dress shirt seems quite ok. The only garment that seemed to take some visible damage is one shirt (sweater? but it is not made of wool) of my wife which has thick white and black stripes; now the white stripes are more or less grey stripes. Oh well, it was an old sweater anyway.
I can't believe I have to waste my Sunday morning writing this bullshit note for a neighbor that just moved in. Fuck these people.

Fully aware this is a passive aggressive note (trying to make it not sound like it), but they buy the house as a vacation house or something and they only come there once a week, leaving a bulldog tied to a shed for a days at a time. I'm assuming they only have the dog to deter robbery while they're away. In which case I don't want to talk to them.

[i]DDear Neighbor,
I am writing because lately one of your dog has been barking loudly and excessively while it is not being attended to or when it seems you are not home. The loudness is to an extend that we can hear the dog inside our home with the windows closed.
Please consider moving your dog toward the front your house, away from the shed and fence where it is currently leased. Or in the case of being away and leaving the dog alone for a long time, consider finding a “pet sitter”.
I understand your dog is calm and quiet while you are home and attending to it, and that there are certain unavoidable noises in the neighborhood that can make dogs bark. However, when the dog is by itself with no one around, sometimes it barks many minutes to hours at a time, it can get very aggravating. The dog is easily upset by anything it does not recognize, perhaps it can benefit from “socialization”.
We cannot be in our backyard at all, even quietly, and not upset your do. We have children in our home that are afraid to play in the backyard because of the barking. We do not own any pets and do not make excessive noises to provoke your dog.
Thank you for your consideration.[/i]
Post edited February 05, 2017 by eksasol
eksasol: they only come there once a week, leaving a bulldog tied to a shed for a days at a time
Please tell me they actually leave food and water for the dog and in quantities suitable for however many days they're away. -_-
Post edited February 06, 2017 by ashwald
low rated
Anyone here a twin?

I hate twins, and there's even different varieties of them.

They think they're so special, but the ones that really tick me off are identical twins who dress alike.

There's even more annoying ones who dress alike and finish each other's sentences.

I hate twins.