It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Evidently my homepage things I live in Massachusetts. :P

And yes, that forecast is extremely odd for this time of year, but I'm not upset about that.
Attachments:
weather.jpg (107 Kb)
Post edited January 23, 2017 by tinyE
deleted
Fairfox: That's Michigan.
Yeah but look how 'Copper' is spelled. That's how you would pronounce it with a Boston accent.
deleted
Kleetus: Is every freaking game these days an unoptimised piece of shit?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Mafia III and Quantum Break.

No matter what settings are used, the frame rate doesn't scale or change accordingly.

Even when I change resolution there is little difference.

And when you do change resolution, the inventory tab or map doesn't scale properly.

I actually had to play one of them at 1280 x 720 with everything off and on low just to get 35 FPS.

Couldn't use the shop inventory because buttons disappeared, so I would have to change resolution every time I wanted to buy or sell.

I really can't be bothered anymore these days just to get a stupid game running.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looked and performed absolutely gorgeously on maxed out settings at 2560x1440.

Perhaps it's time to put that old computer out to pasture?
I think your computer have good specs.

Mankind Divided looks horrible and is optimized worse than No Man's Sky.
Nothing to do with my PC, plenty of people with 970/1070 cards that can't even get a playable frame rate and there are numerous complaints about the games optimisation.

BTW, to run it maxed at 1440p would need a dual card setup, no game should need that, especially when the graphics are nothing special.

Nor should a game's assets break and not scale properly just because a lower resolution is selected.

And Quantum Break was a stuff up admitted by the developer and a patch was released.

eksasol: Mankind Divided looks horrible and is optimized worse than No Man's Sky.
Yep, I have no idea why it's so demanding when it looks like crap.

Some of Prague looked good, but Witcher 3 ran much better, looked better and actually scaled properly.
Kleetus: BTW, to run it maxed at 1440p would need a dual card setup, no game should need that, especially when the graphics are nothing special.
I only have one card. It ran beautifully. I found myself perched up on some rooftop or another several times, just admiring the view. One of my favorite games of last year.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by Alaric.us
Try a much lower resolution while keeping your aspect ratio.

Then try using the shop or hacking menus, the buttons overlap and the mouse pointer click is inches away from the unreadable button (you cannot access the camera/robots/tripwire menu with the mouse it's that bad).

The game's assets don't scale properly, that alone is a sign of crap.

If a game supports a resolution, everything should scale properly.

And if it runs at say, 35 FPS at 1200p at medium/high settings, turning it down to 720p with everything on low/off and FoV set to lowest, the frame rate is 37.

That's another sign of crap.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by Kleetus
Kleetus: Try a much lower resolution while keeping your aspect ratio.

Then try using the shop or hacking menus, the buttons overlap and the mouse pointer click is inches away from the unreadable button (you cannot access the camera/robots/tripwire menu with the mouse it's that bad).

The game's assets don't scale properly, that alone is a sign of crap.

If a game supports a resolution, everything should scale properly.

And if it runs at say, 35 FPS at 1200p at medium/high settings, turning it down to 720p with everything on low/off and FoV set to lowest, the frame rate is 37.

That's another sign of crap.
I completely agree that assets should scale properly. In fact I completely agree that games should work well in general. And I'm not at all trying to say that you didn't experience those problems or that they are somehow your fault. All I'm saying, is that the likely culprit is your computer, which might simply be not quite powerful enough to handle the game.
Kleetus: Try a much lower resolution while keeping your aspect ratio.

This is one reason that developers of GUI software (including, but not limited to, games) should *always* be tested on the lowest supported resolution before release. In particular, I would recommend making sure the user interface is functional on 640x480 resolution, in case somebody still uses it.

I have actually ran into this problem running certain Linux GUI applications. This is especially problematic if the computer being used is something like a netbook (which might only support 1024x600 resolution, or if an older one, not even that).
I wasn't having a go at you, just really ticked off with the state of some games.

My PC isn't all that great or the newest, but it should run the game adequately:

4770K stock, yes getting old, but no game makes full use of it anyway and I'm never CPU bound.

16GB RAM

970 card, SSD and my old trusty 1200p Dell monitor.
And while I'm bitchin', today is going to be 44 degrees.

It's 8 AM and already 33; there's a cool southerly later in the evening, but until then the doors will be shut, blinds drawn and Jake and I will relaxing in air conditioned comfort.

Thank you Mr Kelvinator for your inferior and cheap products.
Kleetus: And while I'm bitchin', today is going to be 44 degrees.

It's 8 AM and already 33; there's a cool southerly later in the evening, but until then the doors will be shut, blinds drawn and Jake and I will relaxing in air conditioned comfort.

We've been getting weather around 44 degrees here, and it's actually quite nice.

In fact, just this Saturday, we had 46 degree weather, which was warm enough to make the Women's March rather pleasant.

Now, if it got up to 80 degrees or so, *then* we would need air conditioning, but certainly not at 44 (which is still warm for this time of year).

(Before anyone comments about it, yes I know about the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius; I'm just having a little fun hear. Also, it's a good thing those temperatures aren't in Kelvins (or are they?); if they were, air conditioning would not be what you want.)
Kleetus: And while I'm bitchin', today is going to be 44 degrees.

dtgreene: We've been getting weather around 44 degrees here, and it's actually quite nice.

In fact, just this Saturday, we had 46 degree weather, which was warm enough to make the Women's March rather pleasant.

Now, if it got up to 80 degrees or so, *then* we would need air conditioning, but certainly not at 44 (which is still warm for this time of year).

(Before anyone comments about it, yes I know about the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius; I'm just having a little fun hear. Also, it's a good thing those temperatures aren't in Kelvins (or are they?); if they were, air conditioning would not be what you want.)
You made a mistake with (hear), it's actually (here) and don't try and say you done it deliberately because we can't actually hear you.Have a nice day:)