It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bad_fur_day1: Thanks, but this ain't a far cry.
I was kidding, you did have a Far Cry avatar prior to this one.
I just realized again how much it sucks that we never got a proper Commandos 2 sequel :( It all went downhill after 2

Imagine if all of BEL and BtCoD's levels were remade Commandos 2 style, with fully modeled interiors. Though the AI could do with some tweaking.
Matewis: I just realized again how much it sucks that we never got a proper Commandos 2 sequel :( It all went downhill after 2

Imagine if all of BEL and BtCoD's levels were remade Commandos 2 style, with fully modeled interiors. Though the AI could do with some tweaking.
It was the timed stuff in C3 that killed me.

One of the things I loved about 1 and 2 was that while hard, they didn't rush you. You could sit back, study guards, formulate a plan, experiment. They put those timers in there and it just becomes a fucking platformer. No thanks.
Matewis: I just realized again how much it sucks that we never got a proper Commandos 2 sequel :( It all went downhill after 2

tinyE: It was the timed stuff in C3 that killed me.

One of the things I loved about 1 and 2 was that while hard, they didn't rush you. You could sit back, study guards, formulate a plan, experiment. They put those timers in there and it just becomes a fucking platformer. No thanks.
warning, incoming rant :

Oh boy, where to start?

- The first thing that pissed me off was when I realized that the game resolution couldn't go higher than 800x600, compared to 1280x1024 that I used to play Commandos 2.
- But I soon learned why: the levels (except for Berlin) are incredibly small compared to Commandos 2, with several nonexistent indoor areas. I only know of one nonexistent indoor area in Commandos 2 : the gatehouse on that Colditz level.
- The controls and UI is terrible compared to Commandos 2.
- Why is there ONLY ONE level with the marine, Fins??? And there isn't even a really useful place to use his grappling hook?!? Commandos 2 had several places where that grappling hook was really useful
- The game is wickedly short. I was stunned when I finished it, and on a remarkably anticlimactic note as well

Also, because I'm bored I quickly worked out how much less of a game Commandos 3 is compared to 2:
The levels are so much smaller and less complex that fewer commandos are needed. How much less?
The campaign of Commandos 3 has 2.25 commandos per level, compared to 4.5 commandos per level in Commandos 2's base campaign.
Commandos 3 has 12 levels, consisting of one large level, Berlin, and the rest either small or modestly sized. Commandos 2 has 10 base levels, with a bonus mission for each, a few of which are as long or longer than some of Commandos 3's levels.

Damn, now I'm pissed off all over again! *sob
Attachments:
low rated
tinyE: It was the timed stuff in C3 that killed me.

Matewis: warning, incoming rant :

Oh boy, where to start?

- The first thing that pissed me off was when I realized that the game resolution couldn't go higher than 800x600, compared to 1280x1024 that I used to play Commandos 2.
- But I soon learned why: the levels (except for Berlin) are incredibly small compared to Commandos 2, with several nonexistent indoor areas. I only know of one nonexistent indoor area in Commandos 2 : the gatehouse on that Colditz level.
- The controls and UI is terrible compared to Commandos 2.
- Why is there ONLY ONE level with the marine, Fins??? And there isn't even a really useful place to use his grappling hook?!? Commandos 2 had several places where that grappling hook was really useful
- The game is wickedly short. I was stunned when I finished it, and on a remarkably anticlimactic note as well

Also, because I'm bored I quickly worked out how much less of a game Commandos 3 is compared to 2:
The levels are so much smaller and less complex that fewer commandos are needed. How much less?
The campaign of Commandos 3 has 2.25 commandos per level, compared to 4.5 commandos per level in Commandos 2's base campaign.
Commandos 3 has 12 levels, consisting of one large level, Berlin, and the rest either small or modestly sized. Commandos 2 has 10 base levels, with a bonus mission for each, a few of which are as long or longer than some of Commandos 3's levels.

Damn, now I'm pissed off all over again! *sob
Let's face it, Commandos 3 sucks!
Hey do you have a Gamers Gate account? Not the thing with the shit thread in here, but the seller site?
Post edited October 22, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: Let's face it, Commandos 3 sucks!
Hey do you have a Gamers Gate account? Not the thing with the shit thread in here, but the seller site?
Yeah it kinda does overall :P It does have some good parts though: The train level was pretty kickass, and overall action sequences are better with much better destruction animations (especially the u-boats blowing up). The weather effects aren't shabby either. Also, Tiny can walk around with mg42! But that's it, and it's not nearly enough to redeem the game next to it's prequel :P

GamersGate account? Afraid not :P Why do you ask? I have been considering creating an extra store account: I desperately want to play Red Alert 2 again (I never did the soviet campaign, or anything from Yuri's), and it doesn't seem like the game is digitally available anywhere else than on Origin :P
low rated
tinyE: Let's face it, Commandos 3 sucks!
Matewis: Yeah it kinda does overall :P It does have some good parts though: The train level was pretty kickass, and overall action sequences are better with much better destruction animations (especially the u-boats blowing up). The weather effects aren't shabby either. Also, Tiny can walk around with mg42! But that's it, and it's not nearly enough to redeem the game next to it's prequel :P

GamersGate account? Afraid not :P Why do you ask? I have been considering creating an extra store account: I desperately want to play Red Alert 2 again (I never did the soviet campaign, or anything from Yuri's), and it doesn't seem like the game is digitally available anywhere else than on Origin :P
GG has, or had, a completely DRM free game called Chicago 1920. While a gangster game, and not as fun, it's as close as I've ever come to a Commandos clone. It's made by the same folks who did Desperados and Legend of Sherwood. There might still be a demo out there somewhere. It's the only reason I joined Gamers Gate.
tinyE: GG has, or had, a completely DRM free game called Chicago 1920. While a gangster game, and not as fun, it's as close as I've ever come to a Commandos clone. It's made by the same folks who did Desperados and Legend of Sherwood. There might still be a demo out there somewhere. It's the only reason I joined Gamers Gate.
Cool thanks, I didn't know about it. Seems it's called Chicago 1930, but it doesn't appear to be available on GG anymore. I'll just search around a bit.

As far as Commandos clones go, at least I still haven't finished Robin Hood, or Desperados now that you mention it. The third Desperados looks like it might also be a good game.

edit: and Shadow Company that might also be good:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/shadow-company-left-for-dead
Post edited October 22, 2016 by Matewis
I fucking hate captchas and I fucking hate not having anyone to play games with. Being awake is a nuisance, being sober is a nuisance, being awake and sober is even worse. Jesus, how do people deal with life and why am I so incompetent.
Crackpot.756: I fucking hate not having anyone to play games with.
I'll play games with you, mein Fräulein.

Do you want to play Twister, I have the Special Edition?
Kleetus: I'll play games with you, mein Fräulein.
I fucking figured. Course the only attention I'll get is from the weird one, isn't . I've already got an Australian friend and I'm not sure she's entirely sane. I'm not sure any Australian is entirely sane.

Kleetus: Do you want to play Twister, I have the Special Edition?
God no. You're probably well aware I'm talking about video games and online co-op.
Crackpot.756: I fucking hate not having anyone to play games with.
What games are you looking to play?
Crackpot.756: I'm not sure any Australian is entirely sane.
I imagine that living in a country where everything's trying to kill you gets to you after a while.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by zeogold
Crackpot.756: co-op
Twister is co-op.

I like to play it starting all twisted up, and then untwist with each turn.
GOG's being a bit of a bitch right now, I don't wanna post the same thing 12 times so this is basically just sort of a test.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by Crackpot.756
My neighbors are already celebrating Donald Trump's win.

The election didn't even happen and these rednecks are celebrating already.