It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bushwhacker2k: I'm not really satisfied with where I am in life. I feel useless and unhelpful, but when I try to figure things out it seems like nobody is interested (at least in any meaningful way). I want to communicate with more people (preferably attractive girls). I can't walk much because my joints are all hyper-mobile. I have an anxiety problem which makes it hard for me to deal with situations as well as I should. I'm chronically depressed. I have hearing loss, specifically at the frequency that people talk. To top it all off sometimes it feels like people are a lot less reasonable in this world than they probably ought to be overall.
mm324: Your life might not be how you would like it to be but there's always somebody who's life is worse, so try to make the best of it. So you don't think I'm "talkin' out of my ass" know that I have cerebral palsy, have walked with a cane my whole life, and have had 4 surgeries on each leg. I had those operations at Shriner's Hospital for Children (many many years ago) and I saw kids who would never be able to walk, others who would never have anything resembling a "noramal" life (for various reasons). Seeing those kids made me understand that my life wasn't perfect, but it sure as hell could be worse. I guess what I'm trying to say is be comfortable and confident with who and how you are and you'll feel alot better about your life. As far as the "attractive girls" go, if they can't look past your limitations to see the real you than they're not worth your time. And remember that while the swimsuit model is physically "attractive" she could be ugly on the inside, while the "Plain Jane" down the steet might be the warm loving person you're looking for.

I know I "rattled on" a bit there, but I hope it gives you a new perspective on your situation. :)

EDIT: had to add a word
I'm not going to hold it against you, I feel that your situation has been pretty bad.

But honestly I only came on here to vent about things beyond my control. I didn't come on here to play "who's the bigger victim".
mm324: Your life might not be how you would like it to be but there's always somebody who's life is worse, so try to make the best of it. So you don't think I'm "talkin' out of my ass" know that I have cerebral palsy, have walked with a cane my whole life, and have had 4 surgeries on each leg. I had those operations at Shriner's Hospital for Children (many many years ago) and I saw kids who would never be able to walk, others who would never have anything resembling a "noramal" life (for various reasons). Seeing those kids made me understand that my life wasn't perfect, but it sure as hell could be worse. I guess what I'm trying to say is be comfortable and confident with who and how you are and you'll feel alot better about your life. As far as the "attractive girls" go, if they can't look past your limitations to see the real you than they're not worth your time. And remember that while the swimsuit model is physically "attractive" she could be ugly on the inside, while the "Plain Jane" down the steet might be the warm loving person you're looking for.

I know I "rattled on" a bit there, but I hope it gives you a new perspective on your situation. :)

EDIT: had to add a word
bushwhacker2k: I'm not going to hold it against you, I feel that your situation has been pretty bad.

But honestly I only came on here to vent about things beyond my control. I didn't come on here to play "who's the bigger victim".
I wasn't trying to play "who's the bigger victim" at all. I just wanted to give you a larger perspective because you said you were "chronicly depressed". So I'll step aside, vent away.
bushwhacker2k: I'm not going to hold it against you, I feel that your situation has been pretty bad.

mm324: I wasn't trying to play "who's the bigger victim" at all. I just wanted to give you a larger perspective because you said you were "chronicly depressed". So I'll step aside, vent away.
Totally, man, I get what you were doing, it's cool.
tinyE: Unfortunately, that's what happens now when you come into this forum.
dtgreene: I haven't seen racism on this forum.

I *have*, however, experienced sexism and transphobia, and a bit of ablesim (people using "autist"/"autistic" as an insult I consider to be ableism). I've also seen homophobia.
Okay I found one. This is a very racist post.
Attachments:
rp.jpg (199 Kb)
dtgreene: I haven't seen racism on this forum.

I *have*, however, experienced sexism and transphobia, and a bit of ablesim (people using "autist"/"autistic" as an insult I consider to be ableism). I've also seen homophobia.
tinyE: Okay I found one. This is a very racist post.
You joke but wow, what an asshole.
tinyE: Okay I found one. This is a very racist post.
omega64: You joke but wow, what an asshole.
Who? Me, the post, or dt?
tinyE: Who? Me, the post, or dt?
Maybe it was a compliment on your anatomy. ;P
deleted
Fairfox: This thread makes me so sad. I hopes people either find what they're looking for or feel better soon <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhi6nNYNOxQ
deleted
Fairfox: Well U2 aren't going to make me less sad, that's fo' sho' :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k
deleted
The post of course.
low rated
You, I took it as you.
God damn it, at least I now found out what seems to be causing the occasional severe internet connectivity problems at my home. My laptop in another room gets an IP address but then it either can't connect any sites, or the connection is veeeeery slow.

First of course I checked how a computer with an ethernet cable works. No problem, full speed, so it is something about the wifi connectivity inside my home.

Then I scan with the router what channels my neighbours are using, in case their wifi routers are causing problems to me. Ok, a couple use 1, someone uses 6, 9, 11... Anyway, the few unused ones I try don't seem to work much better, e.g. 2, 3 or 4. At first the router says interference level is "acceptable", but then at some point it changes to "severe".

Then I switch off my TV which is next to the router. Bingo, great wifi connection! Now I am quite sure it is the wireless (Bluetooth?) subwoofer on my LG Soundbar that is causing the interference, so whenever the TV is turned on, I often have at least temporary connectivity problems (not all the time, mind you).

At least I know now what is the probable culprit. I guess I just need to try different wifi channels in case some work better, I'd hate it if I can use wifi internet only if TV is turned off. I knew I should have bought a soundbar with a wired subwoofer instead!

God damn technology, destroying our future! Rise of the killer robots! Skynet! WOPR! H.A.L. 9000! Sinclair Spectrum!
Post edited August 26, 2016 by timppu