It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Arthritis, it's so damn inconvenient...

Still, I can transfer the pain to Dark Souls 3!
Dark have my dreams been of late, Frodo.
I've moved into the new flat, took a few days before my desktop PC was finally operational again. Yesterday I fired it up in the evening because I had some REALLY important stuff to do (related to my business), after a few minutes one of them "Upgrade to Windows 10 or we're gonna devour your children!" popups appeared again. I delayed the upgrade for a week. Or so it seemed. A few minutes later, while I was doing aforementioned important stuff, my PC shut itself down out of nowhere and the upgrade process began, just ignoring the fact that I had delayed it.

Anyway, the upgrade process took like 2+ hours, I had to go to bed before it was done. Got up this morning, had to go through an awkward configuration process where I had to turn off 99% of all features because they require Microsoft to receive my dick pics. After a while the login screen appeared. So I entered my password and guess what, that first login took another 30+ minutes, too long for me to get shit done before leaving for work. Not to mention that I'm fairly certain that at least some of the tools I have to use professionally aren't compatible with Windows 10 (unless I buy expensive upgrades to new versions or something).

You know, I even kinda liked the new Microsoft that is apparently trying to create better and more professional products. But taking me hostage like this... just go fuck yourself and die, Microsoft.
bad_fur_day1: Dark have my dreams been of late, Frodo.
Hey Bilbo, you live in the Shire and have access to a limitless supply of pipe weed, ale, and large breasted hobbit women. So stop complaining about dark dreams and that nonsense about that stupid goddamn ring.
F4LL0UT: I've moved into the new flat, took a few days before my desktop PC was finally operational again. Yesterday I fired it up in the evening because I had some REALLY important stuff to do (related to my business), after a few minutes one of them "Upgrade to Windows 10 or we're gonna devour your children!" popups appeared again. I delayed the upgrade for a week. Or so it seemed. A few minutes later, while I was doing aforementioned important stuff, my PC shut itself down out of nowhere and the upgrade process began, just ignoring the fact that I had delayed it.

Anyway, the upgrade process took like 2+ hours, I had to go to bed before it was done. Got up this morning, had to go through an awkward configuration process where I had to turn off 99% of all features because they require Microsoft to receive my dick pics. After a while the login screen appeared. So I entered my password and guess what, that first login took another 30+ minutes, too long for me to get shit done before leaving for work. Not to mention that I'm fairly certain that at least some of the tools I have to use professionally aren't compatible with Windows 10 (unless I buy expensive upgrades to new versions or something).

You know, I even kinda liked the new Microsoft that is apparently trying to create better and more professional products. But taking me hostage like this... just go fuck yourself and die, Microsoft.
Solution: Avoid using Windows in the first place. Do everything in Linux. If there's no Linux version of the software you use, migrate to software that does run on Linux. If there is no comparable software, re-arrange your workflow so that you don't need Windows-only software in the first place.

(Also, use a stable distribution, like Debian stable, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or CentOS), Ubuntu LTS; that way you won't have to worry about security updates breaking your system.)
F4LL0UT: Yesterday I fired it up in the evening because I had some REALLY important stuff to do (related to my business), after a few minutes one of them "Upgrade to Windows 10 or we're gonna devour your children!" popups appeared again.
Strangely I never got one of those pop-ups. I guess the reason is simply that I don't allow Windows to install optional updates automatically. Only important updates are allowed and the installation is always manual.
This ruddy arthritic hip I have.
I will be glad when they replace it with an implant.
Beware, Steve Austin, I'm coming for ya!
dtgreene: Solution: Avoid using Windows in the first place. Do everything in Linux. If there's no Linux version of the software you use, migrate to software that does run on Linux. If there is no comparable software, re-arrange your workflow so that you don't need Windows-only software in the first place.
Really not an option. First off, I still have to use Windows for gaming so either way I would have gotten stuck with that update, even if I did all my work on Linux. Secondly I'm REALLY dependent on Windows professionally. I need to work in a Digital Audio Workstation and the one I have been using for more than ten years and will continue to use is Cubase which sadly only works on Windows and Mac (like all other good DAWs). And even if there were a satisfying alternative to Cubase on Linux (there isn't), I still have hundreds of plugins for it, most of which won't work on Linux either as far as I know, even if I did find a good DAW on Linux.

Anyway, as if the forced update weren't enough, when I fired up Windows 10 after coming home all my personal files were gone, everything I had in "my documents", on my desktop etc., all configurations of applications were gone too. I checked online where those files could be, every post or article on the issue I found said to look in Windows.old, only that folder was empty in my case. Finally I found a post that said that all the guy did was rebooting and his files had reappeared. So that's what I did. So after another 30 minutes of waiting for an update Windows 10 started with some flashy presentation riddled with buzzwords which at some point said "don't worry, your files are where you left them". The only thing missing was music as you'd hear it in a magic show in Las Vegas or something. The files are back but I really could have done without the heart attack.
CARICATUREKILB: This ruddy arthritic hip I have.
If you want a butt implant, maybe Kim Kardashian can help you with that.
So, as I really want to play Stardew Valley but I will not be able to spare much money this month I decided to sell all my steam cards and get it on the steam (I know, I know) - I mean, I have a lot of them and I don't really care about that "collect them all" so it's win win situation, right?
Wrong - you don't have mobile token (that's only for Android/iOS because as we know, Windows Phone don't exist - I mean, with gamer would buy WP, cmon) you will wait fu*king 15 days, it doesn't matter that you login day by day from same location, no...

Sigh, maybe it's silly complain, but this pissed me off...
Let's book a match between you and Jim Cornette. All it will cost is a pair of tights and some Dairy Queen coupons.

The Jim Cornette/Dairy Queen incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id4rZhN_LEg
Emob78: Let's book a match between you and Jim Cornette. All it will cost is a pair of tights and some Dairy Queen coupons.

Wow, that completely threw me.
Sorry, when I said Steve Austin, I meant The Six Million Dollar Man!
Showing my age here, methinks...
Emob78: Let's book a match between you and Jim Cornette. All it will cost is a pair of tights and some Dairy Queen coupons.

CARICATUREKILB: Wow, that completely threw me.
Sorry, when I said Steve Austin, I meant The Six Million Dollar Man!
Showing my age here, methinks...
I almost took the Six Million Dollar Man route, then my brain fried and went down the typical rasslin' road. Sorry, next time I'll throw in a Ted Dibiase match, even though he's only worth one million dollars.
My poor old dumb-phone has started to fall apart. Literally.
Cancer finally took my good friend. Her memorial service was last Saturday. She, I, and another good friend had regular coffee meetings every two weeks. We'll miss her.

Fuck cancer.