It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DubConqueror: So tired of life.
HereForTheBeer: From your other posts it sounds like you're doing good and useful things for your community, all the while dealing with your own difficulties. Anybody can roll over and let life smack them around. Not just everybody will take the hits and keep on trying. So I salute you for that.
Thanks, I do indeed tend to get up and struggle again. The thing that 'struck me down' so to speak was the news of Saudi Arabia planning 50 beheadings today, allegedly for terrorists, but crimes might also include completely innocent things like being homosexual, blogging things the goverment doesn't like or owning marihuana. It really got me pissed off.

But I went walking with a friend like I do every friday, ordered some real Dutch peas soup with (organic) smoked sausage and I could forget about it for a while. Talking about what cover to use to attach my upcoming Fairphone 2 to my belt also delivered some distraction.

I hope people don't read me being tired of life as an alarming accurate risk of suicide, as it isn't. Suicide will probably remain just wishful thinking until I die of natural causes, as I have enough reasons to continue, like enjoying my work, enjoying my games and enjoying my family, not the least of which half a dozen small nephews and nieces. But sometimes the injustices of the world do make me very tired.
DubConqueror: So tired of life.
Tamamba: I hear ya brother. Just smoke a joint or two and forget all about it for a little while.
Thank you. For me it will be Baldur's Gate or Path of Exile that helps me forget, as an ex-addict I have experienced how being addicted to even soft-drugs can wreak havoc with your life (especially if your mind is susceptible to psychosis), but I appreciate the intention behind the thought.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by DubConqueror
Tamamba:
DubConqueror: Thank you. For me it will be Baldur's Gate or Path of Exile that helps me forget, as an ex-addict I have experienced how being addicted to even soft-drugs can wreak havoc with your life (especially if your mind is susceptible to psychosis), but I appreciate the intention behind the thought.
Ditto
DubConqueror: Thank you. For me it will be Baldur's Gate or Path of Exile that helps me forget, as an ex-addict I have experienced how being addicted to even soft-drugs can wreak havoc with your life (especially if your mind is susceptible to psychosis), but I appreciate the intention behind the thought.
Anytime man. Those are both good games so have fun.
Damn any and all workers at driving testing centres! They sent me this lovely message informing me that my new driving license was ready to be picked up at Waltloo DLTC. After waiting 2 hours in a stinking line I was finally informed by one of the most jaded and unhelpful workers there that my license wasn't there. Of course I know why: those bastards can't be bothered to properly file the incoming discs, resulting in an unholy collection of sorted, partially sorted and completely unsorted stacks of files. That would explain why the single worker who has to go into a backroom to collect them disappears for up to 40 minutes at a time only to return with three/four files. And this with 20 people waiting in line to collect inside the building, and another 40 or 50 outside. Worst thing is, short of bribing there is nothing that you can do. Guess I'll try my luck again next week. Pity that I don't have a wii u or something to keep me busy :P
Moving house. Stress.

Also schoolwork and all that, but it's mostly the moving.
Goddammit!
Today is just a shit day! First I recognize that one of the retainer for the roller blind is almost ripped out of the wall and now I have to spackle it, drill new holes in the spackle when it is hopefully already dry later and reattach the fucking blinder. Then my mother damaged the bloody vacuum cleaner. It's just a minor problem but I feel stressed, angry and overwhelmed.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that my mother also decided that today is a good day to change the filter of the exhaust hood.
Post edited November 28, 2015 by viperfdl
Matewis: Damn any and all workers at driving testing centres! They sent me this lovely message informing me that my new driving license was ready to be picked up at Waltloo DLTC. After waiting 2 hours in a stinking line I was finally informed by one of the most jaded and unhelpful workers there that my license wasn't there. Of course I know why: those bastards can't be bothered to properly file the incoming discs, resulting in an unholy collection of sorted, partially sorted and completely unsorted stacks of files. That would explain why the single worker who has to go into a backroom to collect them disappears for up to 40 minutes at a time only to return with three/four files. And this with 20 people waiting in line to collect inside the building, and another 40 or 50 outside. Worst thing is, short of bribing there is nothing that you can do. Guess I'll try my luck again next week. Pity that I don't have a wii u or something to keep me busy :P
Wow, sounds like the Department of Motor Vehicles around here. The most inefficient and incompetent people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Bureaucracy, gotta love it.
Matewis: Damn any and all workers at driving testing centres! They sent me this lovely message informing me that my new driving license was ready to be picked up at Waltloo DLTC. After waiting 2 hours in a stinking line I was finally informed by one of the most jaded and unhelpful workers there that my license wasn't there. Of course I know why: those bastards can't be bothered to properly file the incoming discs, resulting in an unholy collection of sorted, partially sorted and completely unsorted stacks of files. That would explain why the single worker who has to go into a backroom to collect them disappears for up to 40 minutes at a time only to return with three/four files. And this with 20 people waiting in line to collect inside the building, and another 40 or 50 outside. Worst thing is, short of bribing there is nothing that you can do. Guess I'll try my luck again next week. Pity that I don't have a wii u or something to keep me busy :P
docbear1975: Wow, sounds like the Department of Motor Vehicles around here. The most inefficient and incompetent people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Bureaucracy, gotta love it.
Move to Michigan, you can do all of your car and license stuff over the phone. I haven't been inside a DMV in ten years.
docbear1975: Wow, sounds like the Department of Motor Vehicles around here. The most inefficient and incompetent people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Bureaucracy, gotta love it.
That's why I enjoy researching [url=http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civil_Service_(Civ5)]Civil Service[/url] in civ 5 :
- note the quote at the top that comes with the discovery :)
Post edited November 28, 2015 by Matewis
tinyE: Move to Michigan, you can do all of your car and license stuff over the phone. I haven't been inside a DMV in ten years.
Why not move to the city of brotherly love and stand in line like everyone else trying to get their cars out of impound. (j/k).

I had to stand in line recently and show off my birth certificate. As if my presence from being squeezed out wasn't proof enough.
tinyE: Move to Michigan, you can do all of your car and license stuff over the phone. I haven't been inside a DMV in ten years.
In Virginia, you can do that, too. Unless you wear glasses. Then you must get your license renewed in person so they can do a vision test.
docbear1975: In Virginia, you can do that, too. Unless you wear glasses. Then you must get your license renewed in person so they can do a vision test.
Do you have emissions test down there? That was always the biggest problem about renewal in Missouri.
docbear1975: In Virginia, you can do that, too. Unless you wear glasses. Then you must get your license renewed in person so they can do a vision test.
tinyE: Do you have emissions test down there? That was always the biggest problem about renewal in Missouri.
Yep, emissions test is part of the annual state inspection you have to get done on your vehicle.

And that reminds me, personal property taxes are due next week.
I need a game to start the adrenaline flowing to find the courage to get up and start washing and dressing up for the day, but I feel to drowsy for actually playing anything. I did start up Icewind Dale, but I keep losing the fight at the entrance of Dragon's Eye. Yet somehow I need to muster courage to start the day, even though the world is full of injustices and will be such till the day I finally die - a day I'm looking forward to, the wish resurfaced these past days, even though the week has been good - but a good week, with lots of positive social events, is taxing on my mind, even if the things are positives, it's still lots of impressions and stimuli my mind needs to recover from and a mind in need of recovery is a mind feeling depression..
Post edited November 29, 2015 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: I need a game to start the adrenaline flowing to find the courage to get up and start washing and dressing up for the day, but I feel to drowsy for actually playing anything. I did start up Icewind Dale, but I keep losing the fight at the entrance of Dragon's Eye. Yet somehow I need to muster courage to start the day, even though the world is full of injustices and will be such till the day I finally die - a day I'm looking forward to, the wish resurfaced these past days, even though the week has been good - but a good week, with lots of positive social events, is taxing on my mind, even if the things are positives, it's still lots of impressions and stimuli my mind needs to recover from and a mind in need of recovery is a mind feeling depression..
Is it like watching the desktop, seeing the game icons and dismissing each and every of them with "meh" "don't bother" "boring"? Maybe you fire one up just to quit it the after staring at the game screen for a minute thinking "No way" even if you usually love that type of game? Followed by restless scouting forums, blogs & webnews; knowing there is something, there must be something but all you find in the end is the clock showing you its getting late for the day?