It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

F4LL0UT: You should really use SVN or something so stuff like this can't happen, at least not that easily.
We use SVN, but I don't commit my local test code, what I use to test new features and learn new libraries, which this was. Some of this code left testing and was put into the project proper so I can recreate the test code of that (it's useful to have a simpler test), but some of the code hasn't progressed enough and I'd have to start from scratch.
What happened to my previous post here? Did the forum glitch again?

In any case, I am disgusted that Houston, Texas repealed its non-discrimination ordinance.
low rated
dtgreene: What happened to my previous post here? Did the forum glitch again?

In any case, I am disgusted that Houston, Texas repealed its non-discrimination ordinance.
Are you surprised? It's Texas.

I gave up on my home state of Missouri a long time ago. Some states are just destined to be trapped in the 1950s forever.

tinyE: Are you surprised? It's Texas.

I gave up on my home state of Missouri a long time ago. Some states are just destined to be trapped in the 1950s forever.
Actually, it's not just that it failed, but the fact that the opponents of the HERO act focused on bathrooms, misgendering trans people in the process (by considering trans women to be men), and essentially saying that they are sexual predators.

It's worth noting that HERO also included protections for such groups as veterans, the disabled, and pregnant women (not sure if the act referred to just women or if it was also inclusive of pregnant trans men).

Fortunately, I don't actually live anywhere near Houston, but this still bothers me.

What do you expect? Texas is Texas. A TradCon stronghold stuck in the dark ages. I don't think there is any hope for places like that. And no, I don't hate or dislike everyone who lives in Texas.
tinyE: Are you surprised? It's Texas.

dtgreene: Actually, it's not just that it failed, but the fact that the opponents of the HERO act focused on bathrooms, misgendering trans people in the process (by considering trans women to be men), and essentially saying that they are sexual predators.

It's worth noting that HERO also included protections for such groups as veterans, the disabled, and pregnant women (not sure if the act referred to just women or if it was also inclusive of pregnant trans men).

Fortunately, I don't actually live anywhere near Houston, but this still bothers me.
When it comes to propaganda, demonizing your enemies is very effective so this tactic is used very often. In this case, trans people were demonized into rapists.
Post edited November 05, 2015 by monkeydelarge
My back is starting to lock-up on me. Working a salvage job in San Diego, and we've been busting hump the last few days. Started to feel spasms coming around 11am and it's getting a bit worse as the day goes. Good news is that we were very close to finishing at that point, and I got through the next few hours without everything going to hell. We're wrapped-up, the other tech I hired for the job is on his way home, and I'm out of here tomorrow, a day early.

5 1/2 hours of airplane seats could be interesting, though, so I'm hoping it'll hold together until I get home late tomorrow night. That will leave the weekend for recovery. Tequila and Hydrocodone FTW.
Yep, it's boned. Can't stand up straight. Started out okay right out of bed (hotel bed somehow didn't make it worse by itself), but then I sneezed after showering and that about put me on my knees. haha. Oh well.
HereForTheBeer: Yep, it's boned. Can't stand up straight. Started out okay right out of bed (hotel bed somehow didn't make it worse by itself), but then I sneezed after showering and that about put me on my knees. haha. Oh well.
If it's a problem of the back muscles warmth can ease the pain and help the recovery.
HereForTheBeer: Yep, it's boned. Can't stand up straight. Started out okay right out of bed (hotel bed somehow didn't make it worse by itself), but then I sneezed after showering and that about put me on my knees. haha. Oh well.
viperfdl: If it's a problem of the back muscles warmth can ease the pain and help the recovery.
Yeah, that'll happen when I get home tonight. Warm compress, cool tequila. It'll work its way out over the weekend, I suspect.

Last time this happened, summer 2013, was during a trade show. 4 days straight of standing. I was practically useless during the following 4 days of teardown and was dreading the 2-day drive home. Not sure how it worked but sitting in the car for 10 hours that first day did the trick. Not expecting the same results from the airplane seats, though ; )

Maybe I need to run an extension cord out to the car tomorrow and make that my office for the day. haha - would be a hell of a thing if that worked!
So I went through some tough time and I couldn't pay my car tax bill for 2013 it was a little over 800 dollars. So two days ago I made the final payment of around 371 dollars..... Then I learned that my registration has been expired for the last 3 months.... Went to the tax assessor and they squared my past bills and told me I still can't register my car because now I owe 350 something dollars for taxes that just came out in July.....

Do they want me to rob a place or someone?
Do they not see what pressure they are putting an individual in?

I get stopped car get towed that 150 to take out but I need it registered and that's about 100 or 200 bucks but can't do that without paying the taxes but how can I pay that if I lose my job because I depended on said vehicle...... The system and the blindness makes no sense! At least acknowledge that this new bill got released recently and allow the individual to have a temporary registration.
Emachine9643: Do they want me to rob a place or someone?
No, they just want to milk you for every penny you got.

That is how the world is.

I once met a guy in a bar who was complaining about similar things and how the world is unfair. And I told him-

"For the sake of sanity, don't blame the world, don't say that it is everyone else's fault that bad things are happening to you. No one told or forced your mother to give birth to you. If bad things are happening to you, maybe you should blame the person who brought you into this crap world."

That shut him up real good.
Emachine9643: So I went through some tough time and I couldn't pay my car tax bill for 2013 it was a little over 800 dollars. So two days ago I made the final payment of around 371 dollars..... Then I learned that my registration has been expired for the last 3 months.... Went to the tax assessor and they squared my past bills and told me I still can't register my car because now I owe 350 something dollars for taxes that just came out in July.....

Do they want me to rob a place or someone?

I get stopped car get towed that 150 to take out but I need it registered and that's about 100 or 200 bucks but can't do that without paying the taxes but how can I pay that if I lose my job because I depended on said vehicle...... The system and the blindness makes no sense! At least acknowledge that this new bill got released recently and allow the individual to have a temporary registration.
Cheer up because that is the cutest fucking avatar I have ever seen. :D
tinyE:
Which one? I changed it about 5 times now. Trying to find a theme for Thanksgiving.
tinyE:
Emachine9643: Which one? I changed it about 5 times now. Trying to find a theme for Thanksgiving.
The cat chef.
Emachine9643: Which one? I changed it about 5 times now. Trying to find a theme for Thanksgiving.
tinyE: The cat chef.
It has a tiny turkey plush next to it!

Edit- its a pilgrim cat
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Emachine9643