It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tort1234: I'm sick of young men in the corporate thinking with their penis rather than brain and shamelessly flirting with female corporate workers.

Next thing you know, the girls are coming to me(HR) crying sexual harassment.
Primate: Just curious: Have you ever experienced the reverse case in your line of work?
Reverse as in men coming to me and complain about sexual harassment?

No I haven't. But I would take it just as seriously. I have no problem getting rid of female employees.
infinite9: I do not have enough info about the incident in Zimbabwe so I will not make judgment just yet.
F4LL0UT: Only you did pass judgment instantly and the initial reason why this entire shitstorm started, why this particular case even went public to begin with, is because everything you're defending about hunting wild life was not met. He did not have the necessary permissions to kill this lion. Last time I checked there was a chance that he had been mislead but the article I read about this fella (I think it was Huffpost so it wasn't necessarily entirely correct :P) stated that he had a record of hunting endangered species.

Edit: Oh, actually that record of his illegal hunting is confirmed.
Actually the conservation status of animals he hunted were not "endangered" but rather vulnerable at the most plus it also depends on the individual animal since an individual animal can lose endangered status under certain circumstances like contracting certain diseases (rabies for example) or going on a killing spree of younger, more fertile members of its species or sub-species.

I will say different things were said about the incident but the real question is, did he know that the hunt was unlawful or did his guides dupe him? We will not know the answers because people keep focusing on the wrong things and keep over-generalizing lions as "endangered." I will say I would love to be that dentist's armed bodyguard for good pay, great dental (obviously), and a chance to take out animal rights zealots who would love to put my head on a stick for supporting any form of sport hunting even if it was charitable like most overseas safari hunts.

Also, the following image may be a little inaccurate (based upon allegation) about the dentist but it does good illustrating people's priority issues and the hypocrisy of Zimbabwe's regime. The other image is funny.
Attachments:
26.png (480 Kb)
Post edited August 15, 2015 by infinite9
tort1234: Reverse as in men coming to me and complain about sexual harassment?

No I haven't. But I would take it just as seriously. I have no problem getting rid of female employees.
Alright. Women usually seem to take "no" for an answer the first time around, in my experience.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by Primate
infinite9: Also, the following image may be a little inaccurate (based upon allegation) about the dentist but it does good illustrating people's priority issues and the hypocrisy of Zimbabwe's regime. The other image is funny.
I'll reply to that with this fitting comic which I incidentally stumbled upon on the GOG forums several hours ago.
Well, the strap on my purse broke last night, so I had to buy a new purse.
infinite9: Also, the following image may be a little inaccurate (based upon allegation) about the dentist but it does good illustrating people's priority issues and the hypocrisy of Zimbabwe's regime. The other image is funny.
F4LL0UT: I'll reply to that with this fitting comic which I incidentally stumbled upon on the GOG forums several hours ago.
Not saying there was a problem. I am saying is that people made a mole hill look like a mountain. Plus people were focusing on the part about a lion getting killed and not the context or what the guides did to cover it up. The reason for the image was to show that people really do have priority issues and are quite hypocritical in that they focus on one person from the US who allegedly did something bad while ignoring something way worse.

Now to change up the subject so that this thread doesn't turn into a hunting debate thread, I noticed a pattern of glitches in the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles. Apparently the map with the fortress entrance has a glitch that results in characters falling through the map when trying to descend or climb the stairs on the outer wings. Those who playing the game will know what map I am talking about and which stairs. The game is still awesome but this glitch irritated me since I had to reload a couple of times because of it when playing the DLC that came with the PC version I got.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by infinite9
dtgreene: Well, the strap on my purse broke last night, so I had to buy a new purse.
It seems like they were designed to break all the time. That is what I noticed with all the purses, my ex girlfriends had in the past. That is probably the case.
Post edited August 16, 2015 by monkeydelarge
HereForTheBeer: Giving in to the realization that there's no point hanging on to the motorcycle if I rarely ride it these days. Going up on craigslist this weekend.
Aaaaaad, sold.

Fuck.

Should probably take some of the proceeds to buy a cane and some Metamucil. I feel ten years older already.
HereForTheBeer: Giving in to the realization that there's no point hanging on to the motorcycle if I rarely ride it these days. Going up on craigslist this weekend.
HereForTheBeer: Aaaaaad, sold.

Fuck.

Should probably take some of the proceeds to buy a cane and some Metamucil. I feel ten years older already.
WHY!? Buy it back! Motorcycles are youth fountains!
dtgreene: Well, the strap on my purse broke last night, so I had to buy a new purse.
"It's not a purse! It's European!"

Soccorro: WHY!? Buy it back! Motorcycles are youth fountains!
True. You never grow old if you die young.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by timppu

Fuck.

A few reasons, time being one. Also, the wife wasn't comfortable riding in traffic so we sold her Ninja 300 last year, and it's not as fun riding without her. The summer was half-way gone and I put only 280 miles on it since it went into winter storage last year. That's kinda pathetic. May as well put it in the hands of someone who will enjoy it more than I was able.

timppu: True. You never grow old if you die young.
It's not bad at all around here. A loooot of riders in the area so the cagers are well aware of cycles, though that's not to say I haven't had a few near-misses. And I wore all the gear, head-to-toe, every time, so that would definitely help in a crash. But, yes, the odds go up when on a cycle. Funny hearing doctors talk about them as "donor cycles", and then ride their bicycle with just that puny helmet and ignoring the rules of the road. "Stop sign? That's placed there so the car will stop and I can blow right through the intersection!"

Fuck.

I sold my motorcycle about 5 years ago to travel. It was worth it as travelling is another youth fountain for me but I do miss it. It was a Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm (v-twin). It wasn't much to look at but it was solid and the acceleration matched all but the top end sports cars. I'm pining now :(
pigdog: I sold my motorcycle about 5 years ago to travel. It was worth it as travelling is another youth fountain for me but I do miss it. It was a Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm (v-twin). It wasn't much to look at but it was solid and the acceleration matched all but the top end sports cars. I'm pining now :(
:(
deleted
Today, for the third time, I've had to lead an established customer by the hand to show them why I do not charge - and why they are not supposed to pay - sales tax on the parts and service I sell. Most states (every one I've looked into so far) have exemptions for repair parts and service on industrial machinery, and yet these shops email me asking for a new invoice with sales tax on it. And each time, I end up digging through their state's tax code to show them that they do not need to pay it.

Today's customer will save nearly $200 on just this one order by not paying the sales tax that they were never supposed to pay in the first place. Why are their accounting folks not figuring this out already for themselves? How much tax money have they wasted over the years before I came along and spent a whole thirty minutes looking this shit up for them? And I have no accounting or tax background. If a money dumbass like me can figure this out by going online and searching through the state's tax code, then why can't these degree'd and trained 'experts' do it?