It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

giofive: When life gets you down, watch a puppy at play - This was a few years ago, but it still makes me happy watching it. Perhaps others can get some joy from it too?

https://youtu.be/uZGXXVbEBTM
pigdog: I've got some footage of my pigdog when he was just a pup....I'll have to dig it out. In the meantime, I just wanted to share that Chester has a poorly tum and didn't make it to the back garden in time. Not pleasant... On the upside, for him, he has had rice and chicken breast for dinner. It seems to have helped. I'm on poo-watch though. I hope no-one is eating as they read this
GeneticsLuke: In a nutshell:
Girls hate me so I gave up on dating awhile back and dove even deeper into the nerddom of games.
My father bullies the ever loving shit out of me and has all throughout while I was growing up (which I could go on about for days and days so don't get me started on that (but in an act of mercy towards everyone I won't get too much into it); let's just say in a certain fitting to a specific politically incorrect ethnic stereotype he consistently bludgeons me over every dollar and cent I have supposedly costed him in raising me as well as any possible future financial amount he believes I MIGHT cost him in the future (but have not yet) & other general money grubbing lousy skinflint behaviors (such as feeling entitled to my entire paychecks, telling me to never buy anything and that everything I do earn ought to go to him so that he may spend it on himself... forever in perpetuity! Which I don't buy btw but he does love going on that toxic ranting rave... maybe next time I should break out some glow sticks or try sampling and autotuning it into something catchier? :-P).

So I'm applying for a job as a clerk at the local grocer while attempting to finish up my science degree. Going to save up from that to buy a better rig to play stuff on. Also, he hates video games*. Did I mention the research I'm doing at university is trying to explain/teach evolution to people in RPG terms using artificial life/digital organism simulation programs as though it were a game and that everybody thinks this is a fairly cool idea so we are trying to get it published in either a science journal, teaching magazine or tech blogs (We have it all up to date and contemporary so there is an entire section just on mobile and tablet based app stuff too!)? Mom says I don't need to give my old man all cash that I earn forever and that this is just mind control bollocks (she even helped me set up a separate bank account that he couldn't dig his greedy mitts into so I could save up and also not have to have every single purchase minutely cross examined by Mr. Would-be Grand Inquisitor :-)).

*Turns out the reason why is back in the 80s he and a partner attempted to put together a diving/fishing adventure RPG for DOS once which either flopped or never got anywhere so sour grapes from ever since then on over the whole thing I guess.

Update: First world problems, I know (go tell Planet Mercury why don'tcha!).
pigdog: Wow - that sounds pretty rough. No individual, even parents, should make you feel as bad as you do. Really pleased that you're working towards your science degree and I hope it opens up multiple paths that you can explore while recovering from your current difficulties.

I also hope your research continues to gather momentum and gets the attention you're seeking. If it helps, this site is pretty good at helping with surveys, Q&A's or opinions on all matters so consider using it should the need arise.
Yeah it is (&thanks!). Into my 6th draft now and looking at style guides :-) Oh yeah he's pretty much an offline troll; Tells me to go kill myself a bunch of times too. Looked up a thing called Narcissistic Personality Disorder and it fits the old man to a capital T. >_>
Yeah, the trick is the campaigns are speciation events and population separation scenarios (genetic drift and the like) so instead of fighting monsters or dungeon crawling you've got your little worms, amoebas or saplings competitively cooperating or fending off against an invasive species... mutating for the level up character attributes, spawning progeny... :D
giofive: When life gets you down, watch a puppy at play - This was a few years ago, but it still makes me happy watching it. Perhaps others can get some joy from it too?

https://youtu.be/uZGXXVbEBTM
Thank you, that was fun, and it did cheer me up. +1 for that. :-)

pigdog: I've got some footage of my pigdog when he was just a pup....I'll have to dig it out. In the meantime, I just wanted to share that Chester has a poorly tum and didn't make it to the back garden in time. Not pleasant... On the upside, for him, he has had rice and chicken breast for dinner. It seems to have helped. I'm on poo-watch though. I hope no-one is eating as they read this
He looks like a lovely guy, I've always liked your avatar, such a cute face he has. Is he a lab?

Sorry to hear he's been poorly, that's tough for both of you. Hope he's recovered now.
Hopefully this attached image will help someone here feel better.
Attachments:
monkeydelarge: Hopefully this attached image will help someone here feel better.
XD
There's construction work at the primary school across the street, I think they're doing redoing the roof. They're also using a crane to transport material up and down. It's really not playing nice with my anxiety. I could close my windows but I don't for two reasons:

1- It's the first time in days that it's not extremely hot and humid.
2- My doctor believe part of my problem with noise is not enough exposure, and I unfortunately agree with her.

It's hard to believe that I once worked with an air compressor under my bench and it did not bother me at all.
ZenWan: He looks like a lovely guy, I've always liked your avatar, such a cute face he has. Is he a lab?

Sorry to hear he's been poorly, that's tough for both of you. Hope he's recovered now.
He is a top pigdog - my best friend. After a few dinners of rice and chicken, he seems fine. Here's a few pics Chester

Oh and he's a retriever. :)
ZenWan: He looks like a lovely guy, I've always liked your avatar, such a cute face he has. Is he a lab?

pigdog: He is a top pigdog - my best friend. After a few dinners of rice and chicken, he seems fine. Here's a few pics Chester

A beautiful retriever he is too
pigdog: He is a top pigdog - my best friend. After a few dinners of rice and chicken, he seems fine. Here's a few pics Chester

Glad he's well again. He's a beautiful boy, I can see now that he's a retriever, it was just in the avatar pic that I was fooled by not seeing his ears.
They are great dogs, those retrievers, with wonderful natures. I can see why he's your best friend, bet he gives you lots of love.

giofive: A beautiful retriever he is too
Indeed he is! :-D

justanoldgamer: There's construction work at the primary school across the street, I think they're doing redoing the roof. They're also using a crane to transport material up and down. It's really not playing nice with my anxiety. I could close my windows but I don't for two reasons:

1- It's the first time in days that it's not extremely hot and humid.
2- My doctor believe part of my problem with noise is not enough exposure, and I unfortunately agree with her.

It's hard to believe that I once worked with an air compressor under my bench and it did not bother me at all.
Sorry to hear that, heat and humidity are more than enough to have to cope with, you don't need all that noise as well. I also hate noise, and avoid it whenever I can.

I understand letting yourself be exposed to more noise, but perhaps this is too much all at once. Have you tried plugging your ears just enough to dull the noise without blocking it altogether? Just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon, and that the weather improves.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by ZenWan
Just discovered that my newish keyboard is not impervious to cat barf.
HereForTheBeer: Just discovered that my newish keyboard is not impervious to cat barf.
You've let your cat browse youtube comments ?
HereForTheBeer: Just discovered that my newish keyboard is not impervious to cat barf.
Lol, Thanks for the laugh, and hope your new keyboard is cat barf proof or that you fix it.
Telika: You've let your cat browse youtube comments ?
Yep - he has a weakness for 'dog fail' compilation videos, and the comments do get pretty ruff.

Jacob_1994: and hope your new keyboard is cat barf proof or that you fix it.
Bought the same Logitech k750 solar unit. Just need to put it up on top of the receiver when I'm not using it - barf-proof through improved human behavior.
http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/home.html?tab=rain = https://xkcd.com/831/
Why is it always so fucking difficult to pick a movie you wanna watch from your collection/Netflix? I have hundreds of DVDs and BRs and more via Netflix and "other media". But choosing one is always a pain in the ass and usually I just pick one I have watched many times before rather than a movie I haven't seen before. It's the same with games where I can stare at my Steam or GoG library with many titles for hours not knowing what to play and then end up on a forum instead or simply play some more Minecraft.

I know this is a first world problem but damn, that "paradox of choice" is driving me crazy because I waste so much fucking time doing jack shit just staring at my collection trying to decide what to enjoy next.
jepsen1977: Why is it always so fucking difficult to pick a movie you wanna watch from your collection/Netflix? I have hundreds of DVDs and BRs and more via Netflix and "other media". But choosing one is always a pain in the ass and usually I just pick one I have watched many times before rather than a movie I haven't seen before. It's the same with games where I can stare at my Steam or GoG library with many titles for hours not knowing what to play and then end up on a forum instead or simply play some more Minecraft.

I know this is a first world problem but damn, that "paradox of choice" is driving me crazy because I waste so much fucking time doing jack shit just staring at my collection trying to decide what to enjoy next.
Maybe it's because it's hard to find something new because most movies and games are just copies of each other. The movies and games industries are so greedy they don't want to take a chance with original movies and games so they just shit out the same old shit but with more special effects, better graphics, a more politically correct plot etc
Post edited July 18, 2015 by monkeydelarge