It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My fiance left me a couple weeks ago. Yesterday was the day we had set for the wedding. She's no longer speaking to me...this sucks.
Post edited March 01, 2015 by A_Future_Pilot
A_Future_Pilot: My fiance left me a couple weeks ago. Yesterday was the day we had set for the wedding. She's no longer speaking to me...this sucks.
Yeah,life's hard friend.Only time will heal and sorry for your bad luck...
DreamedArtist: amazon.ca being 1 hour away from my house and takes 6 days to ship to my house with free shipping.... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME >:(
yeah free shipping always takes awhile no matter location. I think its a way for them to get people to sign up for Amazon Prime. Which worked for me when I didn't have much of an in disposable income, I jumped on the chance when they had prime membership for like $6 or $7 a month with 2 day free shipping. It was a very short time window promo then they went back to yearly membership which would have been too much.
A_Future_Pilot: My fiance left me a couple weeks ago. Yesterday was the day we had set for the wedding. She's no longer speaking to me...this sucks.
well at least you didn't have to go thru the mess of divorce where she would take half of what you own >_> Better to know earlier than later. I hope you didn't already pay for the wedding =/
Post edited March 01, 2015 by Briareos262
That's harsh. You should make a list of everything you couldn't do while engaged, get drunk, then work through the list.
Internet cut off on a day that I was supposed to do schoolwork. Tethered my smartphone to the laptop for an ad hoc solution, discovered that I have a fucking deadline tonight to meet as well - couldn't they have sent a reminder earlier than on the very day?
A girl from Texas in the college pretended to be interested in me only for me to find out later that she wanted to use me as a tool to get closer to my 6 feet tall, handsome, cousin.
Soccorro: Got yet another rejection from a university i've applied for. :(
Tarnicus: Is university free in Germany or a means to get an immense debt? If it is the latter, save yourself some hassle and follow your passions and avoid debt :) If one is keen on learning, one will learn and that learning can easily be demonstrated. Yes I went to college and university and if my income reaches a certain level, I may just have to pay some of that back (barring retrospective legislative changes to recover that debt). The university system has gone to shit in Australia and is unfortunately following the USA's user pays system. Long gone are the days my parent's generation enjoyed of a free education.
justanoldgamer: I still haven't figured out a cheap practical way (or costly impractical way) to implement anti-gravity, time/distance viewing, synthetic intelligence, Star Trek holodeck, cheap energy, or getting Jennifer Lawrence in my bedroom.
Tarnicus: You just need The Key to unlock the universe, and everything is yours! :P
We don't have to pay tuition fees. The problem is our stupid system. if you don't have a high GPa, you're screwed. because that means you'll have to accumulate "waiting semesters". One year = 2 waiting semesters (WS). And for example in Medicine, you either need an A-Grade in everything or have to wait for at least 6,5-7 years. Oh and while youre collecting WS you're not allowed to study anything else. Unfortunately my past me was an idiot, who did not know what to do with his life. So i kind of have a screwed up GPA.
Soccorro: Oh and while youre collecting WS you're not allowed to study anything else.
That's like the fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. I wonder what braindead politican came up with this messed up bullshit.
I feel so very sad because of the barbarism of IS. I'm with my parents now and have been reading the newspaper they get. Archaeological sites and museums in the area IS occupies are ravaged, for the fourth time a person accused of homosexuality was thrown from a tall building, he survived and they stoned him to death, while dozens of people watched by and even cheered, if I remember the story well. Then there's the kidnappings and beheadings, both by IS and their cousins in Nigeria Boko Haram. I thought we left such barbarisms behind in the middle ages and the religious wars of the 17th century. Why are people doing this?

Especially the destroying of over 3000 years archaeological sides is gruesome. The people killed will be dead a hundred years from now anyway, but 3000 years from now, people in the future are deprived of the archaeological views and the insight in by then 6000 year old history by the artefacts, statues, ruins destroyed today in Ninive, Nimrud and other places in the birthplace of our civilization.

It's a pain that makes me want to quit life.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: I feel so very sad because of the barbarism of IS. I'm with my parents now and have been reading the newspaper they get. Archaeological sites and museums in the area IS occupies are ravaged, for the fourth time a person accused of homosexuality was thrown from a tall building, he survived and they stoned him to death, while dozens of people watched by and even cheered, if I remember the story well. Then there's the kidnappings and beheadings, both by IS and their cousins in Nigeria Boko Haram. I thought we left such barbarisms behind in the middle ages and the religious wars of the 17th century. Why are people doing this?

Especially the destroying of over 3000 years archaeological sides is gruesome. The people killed will be dead a hundred years from now anyway, but 3000 years from now, people in the future are deprived of the archaeological views and the insight in by then 6000 year old history by the artefacts, statues, ruins destroyed today in Ninive, Nimrud and other places in the birthplace of our civilization.

We need an army of Dwarves or Jedi Knights. Or Jedi Dwarves!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/043/9/e/Dwarven_Jedi_Knight_by_Husanobi.jpg
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Ragnarblackmane
DubConqueror: I feel so very sad because of the barbarism of IS. I'm with my parents now and have been reading the newspaper they get. Archaeological sites and museums in the area IS occupies are ravaged, for the fourth time a person accused of homosexuality was thrown from a tall building, he survived and they stoned him to death, while dozens of people watched by and even cheered, if I remember the story well. Then there's the kidnappings and beheadings, both by IS and their cousins in Nigeria Boko Haram. I thought we left such barbarisms behind in the middle ages and the religious wars of the 17th century. Why are people doing this?

I think it is best if you stop paying attention to all the savagery that is going on in this world. You seem too sensitive for that kind of stuff and it seems to be having a very negative affect on your life. The news is useless anyway unless it is local news. You should spend more time, paying attention to things that make you happy. Not telling you what to do. Just a suggestion to help you enjoy your life more.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by monkeydelarge
It's strange, I avoid seeing any news at home, but when I am somewhere (snackbar, at work, at my parents) where there's a newspaper lying around, I can't stop myself from opening it and reading. It's like an addiction to a pain-inducer instead of a pain-killer. Quited tobacco, alcohol and weed years ago as the numbing didn't get my life any further, but neither does this scratching of the open wound of an unjust world.

Thanks for your reply monkeydelarge. Your advice is sound, I just need to keep on struggling to avoid reading/watching/googling news.

Sending the Jedi dwarves against those IS barbarians is a nice reaction with a wink too.

Oh, and focus on things that make me happy of course. I'll try to shift my mind and post something to be happy about. Just give me some time, recovering from taking a shower now (being one step further in facing the day, it mostly always need some time to recover after I'm clean and dressed 'for the day' - my body is, my mind isn't ready yet). Maybe I'll visit my brother-in-law now I'm in my birthtown.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: It's strange, I avoid seeing any news at home, but when I am somewhere (snackbar, at work, at my parents) where there's a newspaper lying around, I can't stop myself from opening it and reading. It's like an addiction to a pain-inducer instead of a pain-killer. Quited tobacco, alcohol and weed years ago as the numbing didn't get my life any further, but neither does this scratching of the open wound of an unjust world.

Thanks for your reply monkeydelarge. Your advice is sound, I just need to keep on struggling to avoid reading/watching/googling news.

Sending the Jedi dwarves against those IS barbarians is a nice reaction with a wink too.
Maybe it is because you are curious about what is happening. But it's always going to be the same old shit. The same old shit since the beginning of time. Because most people suck(in this world). I'm not saying most people here in GOG general discussion, suck(most of you guys are awesome). So every newspaper you come across is going to tell you about the same old shit. Have you thought about just getting away from it all? Like living in a cabin or a tent in the woods, so you don't have to deal with this stuff? Of course, you will have to find a way to make money while being far from civilization but it's possible.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by monkeydelarge
My mother is downstairs telling a group of strangers about every major medical and mental problem I've ever had.

She does this all the time.
tinyE: My mother is downstairs telling a group of strangers about every major medical and mental problem I've ever had.

She does this all the time.
Haven't you all been frozen shut-ins for months? She's probably starved for local conversation topics. Make yourself some giant plywood monster feet and leave tracks through town at night. Or find an old bottle in the ice of the frozen lakeshore with a map in it. You need to create subject more interesting than yourself.

edit:
I've got it.

You should host a "send my mother a curious postcard" giveaway. She'd get a pile of mysterious and inexplicable postcards from around the world. How could she resist showing them to people? Your own colorful history would soon be forgotten.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by grimwerk