It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Last time I checked the winter population of Copper Harbor was around 88 but there may have been a birth or two in the past six months, I'm not sure.
Oh wow that is smaller than I assumed. Lucky you! :)
Got yet another rejection from a university i've applied for. :(
monkeydelarge: The problem with small towns is the people in them are really nosy.
This seems to me like potential entertainment.

I'd run out to a visitor's car to conceal my friend with blanket as she scuttled into the house.

I'd arrange for strange deliveries.

Of course, I'd build some E.T.-style satellite dish contraption in my yard.

And have loud bewildering cellphone conversations on my front porch.

Plus, I can hire amateur actors on craigslist to knock on neighbors' doors and ask curious questions about me.
Fucking pain in my lower back since yesterday, GGRRRRRRR!!! Can't fucking concentrate to work or study properly :(
Soccorro: Got yet another rejection from a university i've applied for. :(
Keep trying, buddy. If I got accepted into a university so will you.
F4LL0UT: Keep trying, buddy. If I got accepted into a university so will you.
Wossamotta U does not count as a college. :D
tinyE: Wossamotta U does not count as a college. :D
It does in Canada.
Hang in there, keep trying.
I still haven't figured out a cheap practical way (or costly impractical way) to implement anti-gravity, time/distance viewing, synthetic intelligence, Star Trek holodeck, cheap energy, or getting Jennifer Lawrence in my bedroom.
justanoldgamer: I still haven't figured out a cheap practical way (or costly impractical way) to implement anti-gravity, time/distance viewing, synthetic intelligence, Star Trek holodeck, cheap energy, or getting Jennifer Lawrence in my bedroom.
Good luck with that,but I reckon you have two chances (buckley's and none)...
Post edited February 28, 2015 by gunsynd
Is university free in Germany or a means to get an immense debt? If it is the latter, save yourself some hassle and follow your passions and avoid debt :) If one is keen on learning, one will learn and that learning can easily be demonstrated. Yes I went to college and university and if my income reaches a certain level, I may just have to pay some of that back (barring retrospective legislative changes to recover that debt). The university system has gone to shit in Australia and is unfortunately following the USA's user pays system. Long gone are the days my parent's generation enjoyed of a free education.
justanoldgamer: I still haven't figured out a cheap practical way (or costly impractical way) to implement anti-gravity, time/distance viewing, synthetic intelligence, Star Trek holodeck, cheap energy, or getting Jennifer Lawrence in my bedroom.
You just need The Key to unlock the universe, and everything is yours! :P
Post edited February 28, 2015 by Tarnicus
Screw people who make harsh judgements when they don't know anything about the situation.
amazon.ca being 1 hour away from my house and takes 6 days to ship to my house with free shipping.... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME >:(
DreamedArtist: amazon.ca being 1 hour away from my house and takes 6 days to ship to my house with free shipping.... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME >:(
Ever order something from Amazon, keep an eye on the shipping track, and watch that fucker go all over the continent before getting to you? :P

Most of the stuff I buy there is better traveled than I am.
DreamedArtist: amazon.ca being 1 hour away from my house and takes 6 days to ship to my house with free shipping.... EXPLAIN THAT TO ME >:(
The problem for me is that now FedEx and UPS have begun to hand off Amazon packages to the local post office for final delivery. So I watch the tracking website and find that the package is sitting locally for days. (Actually, my last package was delivered elsewhere by the post office. Thankfully, the other recipient returned it to the mail carrier, and our two-day package arrived after only 10 days.)

My wife told me yesterday that if you inform Amazon Prime that your package is late, they will extend your membership for a month. So it may be worth complaining.