It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ragnarblackmane: thanks again for all the concern and sympathy, it means a lot to come on here and see that. This morning the doc tried once more to discharge him, so he waited for hours and hours, not being told anything more this entire time, my mom and I looking up home-care options and me wanting to go hunt this idiot doctor down... until finally the physical therapist came by to try to evaluate my dad. He got him to sit up for a few minutes without extreme pain but he also said "Yeah there's no way you're going home, in fact you should be looking into rehab facilities" so as of now that's the deal. He's still there at the hospital overnight thankfully, but of course rehab costs out-of-pocket since the greedy, worthless, elitist snobs who run this country (and the poor sods who don't know any better what is best for themselves or their fellow human beings) won't grant universal healthcare reform, not even to reform our badly underfunded and stretched social security. My father worked his entire life, he's supposed to be able to retire in peace.
I'm so sorry things aren't getting better. All I can really do is echo other people and say that you need to hunt down this doctor or demand a different one. It sounds like this one is an ass who doesn't care about he people he's supposedly looking after.

More positive thoughts your way.... *hugs*

Sage103082: Pen, I am very sorry to hear about your Father- in law. My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope they are able to treat it without any major surgery. And its a good thing they caught it before sending him home and it getting worse with out anyone noticing. Please know I am here for you if you need anything at all.
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping the doctor has some positive news in the morning... I'm just not holding my breath. :/

Ragnarblackmane: This seemed to happen quickly, as these things often do, very sorry to read that and I sincerely hope that the antiobiotics+longer stay ends up being the option chosen!
Thank you as well. That's what I'm hoping for, too.
Post edited January 05, 2015 by penumbren
Ragnarblackmane: ...
I'm sorry to hear that your father is still not doing too well and that the doctor doesn't seem to be very helpful. Did they manage to get some more tests done to try to find out the cause? Did you tell them you wanted a second opinion, since the doctor didn't seem to care about your fathers welfare? Did they say how long he would need to be I rehab and how this would help?

I hope you and your family are coping okay and that your father will bet better soon.

penumbren: ...
I'm sorry to hear this, it must be a worrying time, I hope that they can give him some more antibiotics to solve the problem, rather than have to resort to surgery. It's good that they discovered the infection on the bone was worse before they released him. The longer it went unnoticed the more risk there would be of it spreading. I hope he won't have to have surgery and I hope you and your husband are coping okay with it all. I know how worrying it can be having a loved one in hospital. Your father-in-law must be glad to have his family within to offer support.
My old computer is starting to fail. On Saturday it didn't boot any more and I thought the HDD were damaged. After installing a new HDD that I bought today morning the mainboard didn't recognize it. So I tried another SATA port and now it works again. At least for the moment...
I guess I really have to buy a new pc soon.
ddickinson: I'm sorry to hear this, it must be a worrying time, I hope that they can give him some more antibiotics to solve the problem, rather than have to resort to surgery. It's good that they discovered the infection on the bone was worse before they released him. The longer it went unnoticed the more risk there would be of it spreading. I hope he won't have to have surgery and I hope you and your husband are coping okay with it all. I know how worrying it can be having a loved one in hospital. Your father-in-law must be glad to have his family within to offer support.
Sadly, this afternoon shortly before he was supposed to be released, the surgeon decided that he needed surgery. About an hour ago, he went in to have his two smaller left toes and their bones amputated. Hopefully, this will remove all of the bone infection.

Needless to say, this has been a very not good day. Dad's trying to keep his spirits up, but it's hard on him. He's always been a very physically active guy in pretty good shape, and for the last five months he's been dealing with varying physical ailments. This is just the icing on the cake at this point.

Thanks to everyone who has offered support, either here or privately. It is all very much appreciated. I wish there were a way to send thank you hugs through the internet, but until it is, please accept a *hug* from me in gratitude.
Post edited January 06, 2015 by penumbren
It's tough when the parents get older and the answers aren't cut-and-dried. Kudos for being there when they need you. It isn't easy but do what you can to keep your spirits up, along with theirs.
penumbren: Sadly, this afternoon shortly before he was supposed to be released, the surgeon decided that he needed surgery. About an hour ago, he went in to have his two smaller left toes and their bones amputated. Hopefully, this will remove all of the bone infection.

Needless to say, this has been a very not good day. Dad's trying to keep his spirits up, but it's hard on him. He's always been a very physically active guy in pretty good shape, and for the last five months he's been dealing with varying physical ailments. This is just the icing on the cake at this point.

Thanks to everyone who has offered support, either here or privately. It is all very much appreciated. I wish there were a way to send thank you hugs through the internet, but until it is, please accept a *hug* from me in gratitude.
I'm so sorry to hear he needed surgery, I hope that it at least removed the infection. Will it effect his ability to walk much? It must be so difficult for you all, especially for him. But at least they found it before it spread further into the bone and up the leg. I hope things will now start to improve, and at least he has you there by his side.

Thank you for the hug, here is a big hug in return to help cheer you up. *big hug*
ddickinson: I'm so sorry to hear he needed surgery, I hope that it at least removed the infection. Will it effect his ability to walk much? It must be so difficult for you all, especially for him. But at least they found it before it spread further into the bone and up the leg. I hope things will now start to improve, and at least he has you there by his side.

Thank you for the hug, here is a big hug in return to help cheer you up. *big hug*
The surgeon took out half the packing today and said it was looking good. If it still looks good tomorrow when the rest of the packing is removed, he may be able to come home tomorrow. We're not sure about his ability to walk; that foot already had some problems from a motorcycle wreck he was in a few years ago, so those toes weren't touching the ground anyway. I'm more concerned about him losing the side of his foot; I think he'll be fine in shoes (with support wedges), but I'm not sure if he'll be able to walk barefoot, at least without using a cane. He seems to be taking it well and mostly seems frustrated at not being able to come home yet. I'm pretty sure that once he is home, he'll be grumpy at all of us when we start yelling at him to actually not walk around and keep his foot elevated like he's supposed to; he got away with more than he should have before this last hospital visit, which undoubtedly exacerbated the infection. Stubborn man. :P

Thanks again to everyone. I really, really appreciate you all.
ddickinson: I'm sorry to hear that your father is still not doing too well and that the doctor doesn't seem to be very helpful. Did they manage to get some more tests done to try to find out the cause? Did you tell them you wanted a second opinion, since the doctor didn't seem to care about your fathers welfare? Did they say how long he would need to be I rehab and how this would help?

I hope you and your family are coping okay and that your father will bet better soon.
As of last night my dad's in the rehab facility for the next few weeks,after a second doctor had a consultation with him.We're all hoping this means the first step in his recovery has begun.

How about your own situation with your parents?

penumbren: The surgeon took out half the packing today and said it was looking good. If it still looks good tomorrow when the rest of the packing is removed, he may be able to come home tomorrow. We're not sure about his ability to walk; that foot already had some problems from a motorcycle wreck he was in a few years ago, so those toes weren't touching the ground anyway. I'm more concerned about him losing the side of his foot; I think he'll be fine in shoes (with support wedges), but I'm not sure if he'll be able to walk barefoot, at least without using a cane. He seems to be taking it well and mostly seems frustrated at not being able to come home yet. I'm pretty sure that once he is home, he'll be grumpy at all of us when we start yelling at him to actually not walk around and keep his foot elevated like he's supposed to; he got away with more than he should have before this last hospital visit, which undoubtedly exacerbated the infection. Stubborn man. :P

Thanks again to everyone. I really, really appreciate you all.
Sorry to hear they did have to amputate and I hope you can keep on him to take care of himself, will be thinking of you:)
Ragnarblackmane: As of last night my dad's in the rehab facility for the next few weeks,after a second doctor had a consultation with him.We're all hoping this means the first step in his recovery has begun.

How about your own situation with your parents?
I'm glad to hear you consulted a second doctor who has done something to help your father. Is he feeling any better? I hope the rehab will help him recover and that he will be home soon, at least they should be able to keep his pain management monitored while he is in rehab.

My parents are doing fine, thank you. My father got out of hospital recently and has to rest for a while, they think it was just a rare reaction to the heart medication, thankfully. My mother is still in intensive care, but at least she is awake more now and isn't drifting in and out of consciousness. The doctors think it will be a while before she can come home, providing she continues to improve.
My really good news!

For the more-appropriate-to-this-thread news: The aggravating roommate looks to be sticking around for a while, as she's "like family" to the father-in-law. *sigh* I'm pretty sure that's not the situation the roommate is seeing, but it's not my call and I'm not in charge of the house, so.... yeah. Smile and nod.

But still: Dad came home today!

Ragnarblackmane: As of last night my dad's in the rehab facility for the next few weeks,after a second doctor had a consultation with him.We're all hoping this means the first step in his recovery has begun.
I'm so glad you got a second opinion! Hopefully this doctor actually listened and cared. *hugs*

ddickinson: My parents are doing fine, thank you. My father got out of hospital recently and has to rest for a while, they think it was just a rare reaction to the heart medication, thankfully. My mother is still in intensive care, but at least she is awake more now and isn't drifting in and out of consciousness. The doctors think it will be a while before she can come home, providing she continues to improve.
*more hugs to you*

Seems like it's the time for us all to be worrying over our parents. :( I sincerely hope all of them get well and come home to us soon!
Post edited January 08, 2015 by penumbren
penumbren: ...
Thank you for the hugs and the kind words. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with your father-in-law and that he is coming home. I know it's not under the best circumstances, but it could have been so much worse if they had not caught it early. I hope he manages okay and that he continues to get better.
ddickinson: I'm glad to hear you consulted a second doctor who has done something to help your father. Is he feeling any better? I hope the rehab will help him recover and that he will be home soon, at least they should be able to keep his pain management monitored while he is in rehab.

My parents are doing fine, thank you. My father got out of hospital recently and has to rest for a while, they think it was just a rare reaction to the heart medication, thankfully. My mother is still in intensive care, but at least she is awake more now and isn't drifting in and out of consciousness. The doctors think it will be a while before she can come home, providing she continues to improve.
I'm very glad to read of your father's homecoming, and I sincerely hope your mother's condition soon leads to the same results. It seems inconceivable that they still don't know the problem, but having gone through a similar thing myself just now has me rethinking that claim.
penumbren: My really good news!

For the more-appropriate-to-this-thread news: The aggravating roommate looks to be sticking around for a while, as she's "like family" to the father-in-law. *sigh* I'm pretty sure that's not the situation the roommate is seeing, but it's not my call and I'm not in charge of the house, so.... yeah. Smile and nod.

But still: Dad came home today!

I'm so glad you got a second opinion! Hopefully this doctor actually listened and cared. *hugs*

*more hugs to you*

Seems like it's the time for us all to be worrying over our parents. :( I sincerely hope all of them get well and come home to us soon!
Maybe, depending on how she treats him after his surgery, he will see if she's still "like family" or more "like family you see only a couple times a year."
Stay posi:)
Post edited January 10, 2015 by Ragnarblackmane
OMG! I bought a i7 4790k...what i got after 2 weeks of waiting is a i7 4790... I cannot describe how pissed I am...
Soccorro: OMG! I bought a i7 4790k...what i got after 2 weeks of waiting is a i7 4790... I cannot describe how pissed I am...
Take a pencil and scribble a k onto it. Problem solved!
Some called it "misanthropy". I don't know for sure but I hate *weak* people: those who whining about their problems, with lack of will and intellect, smart asses, cruel people, destructive people or drug addicts (alcohol/tobacco included).

Suddenly I realized that I don't hate people in the first place but myself, because I'm part of the *weak*. All I do is blaming others or everything else in the world. I don't have a will power to overcome even mediocre obstacles. I'm a smart ass with no particular skills, I'm not that smart after all. Being afraid of cruelty of others towards me I became cruel empty shallow person. And I'm abusing drug use for about 10 years now (alcohol/tobacco excluded).

For 4 and a half months I don't have a job. There is only 29 RUB left, less than 0.50 USD. My food supplies are almost gone: I have some buckwheat, millet and a fistful of jasmine rice (yummy).

My last girl was a stupid self-centered beach, who beached about herself and talked only about herself period. When we broke she just won't to leave my place explaining it with some dubious reasons like "I don't want to move my stuff" or "It might be costly for me to pay rent elsewhere". Well one day my friend come over to my place at night because his car crashed. So she came to the kitchen and starts bitching about that my friend being to loud. The problem is that it was my friend, my home and she starts bossing around without even saying hello, she starts addressing with words "What the hell you are thinking talking so loud...". So it was a last drop in my dignity raping and I burst out and start yelling and swearing so much that she actually gets my message that I want her to leave for real.
On the next day without prior notification she invited her 2 friends and 1 person from my last job at bank. She openly and specifically for everyone ears discussed with her friends how bad I am. She VERY slowly took here stuff from shelf, then had sip of a beer from a bottle, and than move stuff back to another shelf, making it's a never ending story of moving back and forward the same stuff over and over again in front on my eyes, taking her f@cking beer. So I decided to leave her with friends and left my place for 2.5 hours. When I returned they were still there! Stupid bitch can't even stop talking. When I especially asked her to silence her voice, she continued with new force. Her friend (girl) asked me what really happened between us and mentioned something about knife. When asked what about *knife*, she hasn't commented it. Can you believe it? My ex even implied something about me trying to hit her and even harm her with a knife. What a stupid dumb person!
And you know what? She actually forgave me for everything I've done for her. For betraying her. For a year of my life. She also promised me to not contact me in my life. And implied that I specifically invited my friend over to start a well pre-planned conflict. When I said that his car was crashed and it was never intended by me she said "You know, I don't really believe you, you're lying to me". Oh how I hate stupid people! God help me!
Guess what. When she finally left me with her friends and my ex co-worker. She starts texting me on the next day. Describing how 2 males fought for her in some night club, how insecure she is feeling. And that my dead brother visits her in her dreams with promises of assisting and helping her in life. This is my brother!!! My dead and beloved brother! How can she even mention him?!? She never actually met him in real life!
I asked her to stop texting me because I don't feel comfortable with that. And she replied that me feeling uncomfortable is the very reason she is texting me in the first place. So I switched my phone number / WhatsApp account / whatsoever.

I'm feeling so weak and drained. Some women they are like spiders of vampires. They f@ck you brains only f@ck it again and again. Especially when you are weak like myself.

I kicked all my friends (except for one) out of my life. Why? One friend supplied me with drugs with or without my consent, he also promoted me with many RPG minor quests like "take the money from that person, keep it and then get it to my place".
My another friend openly insults me and called me something like "baked brains". When confronted about this he added that this is his way of seeing me as a person and that it always was his way of expressing things. So I could forget about apologizing and such.
And my third friend thought that deciding everything for me is the best idea in his life. So I could forget about my opinion. He says what I do and when. When sometime I visited his place before visiting my mother, he decided that I have nothing better to do but to make part of his job project for free, the project he supposed to complete 3 weeks before. He is that loud person who came over. And that's true he speaks too loud and about himself only.

And I don't blame them, they maybe absolutely right about themselves. I just hate them all for making my miserable life more miserable. I'm depressed and empty. My brother's death broke something deep inside me and open it's way to remorse and regret.
If there was a button "Press and die and go to heaven [presumably]" I would might consider pushing it right away.

I don't want to die, but I don't want to live either. I'm alone and I have no resources to go on. I should rather die, but I won't. It's a shame...