It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: Got both hands wrapped in bandages. a full packed box fell onto them. i directly went onto my knees and couldn't even scream. luckily nothing is broken. but they bandaged my index and middle finger together. so no fps for the rest of the week. :( oh and some of my fingernails turned black. hematoma i guess.
dude there is always kinect, i am sure microsoft created for this specific reasons
Soccorro: Got both hands wrapped in bandages. a full packed box fell onto them. i directly went onto my knees and couldn't even scream. luckily nothing is broken. but they bandaged my index and middle finger together. so no fps for the rest of the week. :( oh and some of my fingernails turned black. hematoma i guess.
There is always Zumba Fitness for Wii and Kinect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaZOL3pCWfI
Post edited September 04, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Shit hit the fan at home this morning. Was weed-whacking before mowing the lawn and didn't notice the dog turd lurking in the grass. Flung fresh poo in all directions and I got spackled. Nasty.
HereForTheBeer: Shit hit the fan at home this morning. Was weed-whacking before mowing the lawn and didn't notice the dog turd lurking in the grass. Flung fresh poo in all directions and I got spackled. Nasty.
wow, sorry to hear thahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AAAHAHAHAHA!!!! xD!!!
HereForTheBeer: Shit hit the fan at home this morning. Was weed-whacking before mowing the lawn and didn't notice the dog turd lurking in the grass. Flung fresh poo in all directions and I got spackled. Nasty.
^^ I rarely ever check this thread but sometimes it's worth it. This time, most certainly.
I hate that I laughed at this, but I did. Sorry:P
I have some shitty neighbors that let their dogs roam around as well. Thankfully the only thing I've ever gotten is the shit in the mower or on my shoe. Though, I thought the shoe was bad enough until I heard that. Disgusting.
So... I'm pretty sure my Dad is dying. I feel kinda weird talking about this here, but I don't have any friends to talk to these days. And I guess sometimes it is easier to talk about if nobody knows your real identity. It is just too hard to talk about it with my family.

I guess I've been expecting it for about 7 years now. Over the last few months things have gotten much worse. Now, just over the last week, it really feels like this is finally his time. I am really doubting that he will make it to his birthday at the end of the month. It feels like it could be any day.

He isn't really eating anymore, and he is barely drinking anything. He has lost a lot of weight just in the last week. For the first time, he is refusing to take his medication. He is currently up and down during the day - sometimes he can walk around and sing, but most of the time he is just stuck and can't move or talk.

The scariest thing is that over the last few days, he doesn't know who I or any of my family are anymore. He doesn't recognize anyone or anything. Not even his wife of 35 years. I don't think he is ever going to get these back, I think his brain is all but gone now.

Despite everything, I take a little bit of comfort in that I truly believe he isn't feeling any pain. He is so out of it, and is on painkillers constantly, that I don't think he notices anything. After seeing him in a torturous state for my entire life, it almost seems like he is in a blissful state of childlike ignorance now.

I feel really bad for my Mom. They have been married for 35 years. She has been his caretaker (or is it caregiver?) for about 3 years. And I think she is in a bit of denial. Or maybe she isn't, but just tries not to think about it.

Hmmmph.... A really weird thing is that I don't feel like I will miss him. I feel like I already went through that phase years ago. My Dad simply isn't the same person that he was a decade ago. In my mind, he died several years ago. Like his spirit, or soul, or consciousness, or personality or whatever you want to call it moved on, and his shell has just been lingering around. I feel kinda horrible about saying that, but I need to get it off my chest.

I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong about everything.
I'm just kinda scared.

Thanks for your time.
AdamR: So... I'm pretty sure my Dad is dying. I feel kinda weird talking about this here, but I don't have any friends to talk to these days. And I guess sometimes it is easier to talk about if nobody knows your real identity. It is just too hard to talk about it with my family.

<snip>

Hmmmph.... A really weird thing is that I don't feel like I will miss him. I feel like I already went through that phase years ago. My Dad simply isn't the same person that he was a decade ago. In my mind, he died several years ago. Like his spirit, or soul, or consciousness, or personality or whatever you want to call it moved on, and his shell has just been lingering around. I feel kinda horrible about saying that, but I need to get it off my chest.

I'm just kinda scared.

Thanks for your time.
My dad died when I was 11. He was diagnosed with cancer when I was 6 or 7, and although I was never told straight out that the cancer was going to kill him, I knew it was terminal.
The first time he was diagnosed, they took out the lump and hoped they got it.
The next year when they found it again, that was it really.
But because I knew that he was dying, when he actually died, I had already come to terms with it. Again, like you, because he withdrew from us mentally, it felt like he had died years before he actually did.
Don't feel bad about saying it. That's exactly how I felt. In fact, I only cried once. The night I was told he had died, and even then, I wasn't sure why I was crying.
I felt nothing during the funeral and after. The only time I kind of missed him was as I reached adulthood, and I wondered what my life would have been like if he hadn't gotten cancer and died.
I have happy childhood memories of him up to the age of 6, but after that, it's just memories without any emotion attached to them really. Some residual sadness, but that's it.
Think of your dad when he was hale and hearty, and remember him that way. Not the "shell", as you say. He would probably also want you to remember him that way as well.
Good luck to you, and my sympathies on your (possible) loss.
Post edited September 05, 2014 by Getcomposted
AdamR: So... I'm pretty sure my Dad is dying. I feel kinda weird talking about this here, but I don't have any friends to talk to these days. And I guess sometimes it is easier to talk about if nobody knows your real identity. It is just too hard to talk about it with my family.

I guess I've been expecting it for about 7 years now. Over the last few months things have gotten much worse. Now, just over the last week, it really feels like this is finally his time. I am really doubting that he will make it to his birthday at the end of the month. It feels like it could be any day.

He isn't really eating anymore, and he is barely drinking anything. He has lost a lot of weight just in the last week. For the first time, he is refusing to take his medication. He is currently up and down during the day - sometimes he can walk around and sing, but most of the time he is just stuck and can't move or talk.

The scariest thing is that over the last few days, he doesn't know who I or any of my family are anymore. He doesn't recognize anyone or anything. Not even his wife of 35 years. I don't think he is ever going to get these back, I think his brain is all but gone now.

Despite everything, I take a little bit of comfort in that I truly believe he isn't feeling any pain. He is so out of it, and is on painkillers constantly, that I don't think he notices anything. After seeing him in a torturous state for my entire life, it almost seems like he is in a blissful state of childlike ignorance now.

I feel really bad for my Mom. They have been married for 35 years. She has been his caretaker (or is it caregiver?) for about 3 years. And I think she is in a bit of denial. Or maybe she isn't, but just tries not to think about it.

I'm just kinda scared.

Thanks for your time.
I am so, so sorry for you...my own parents have a host of health problems, especially my 72 year old father. I worry constantly about them both, so I can relate. It's hard to discuss this stuff with parents, and I feel more angry than sad when I think about it. Angry because there's things that I feel like they could do to take better care of themselves but they don't, and angry at my powerlessness.

I wish there was more I could offer besides empathy. Getcomposted speaks wisely though, heed their words and if you want to just vent feel free to send a PM.

May you know more joy than sorrow in your life.
What exactly is bad about bitches, bitching, or life in general?? They are both good, if you know how to handle them, or things, or situations... And most importantly, if you are patient and willing to understand certain things and facts, both concerning you, and everything else around you.

Most, if not all problems, actually have a solution, even an extreme one. It doesn't matter if said solution isn't readily in reach, the most important thing is that it exists. Problem lies with us that do not detect just that, or we are not content by simply detecting just that. Of course, if we are not powerful enough to seize and realize said solution, this is a problem of ourselves, not life in general. So, detecting solutions and confirming both their existence and possibility to exist or potentiality to be utilized, is more than enough for confirmation, assurance, reassurance, etc.

Problems that cannot be changed or solved are a different category, yet you can always work around them in mysterious ways. And subtle. Also, substitutes are nice. I mean, if you cannot obtain the real deal, the grade A stuff, today, there are so many alternatives and grades scaling, that if you put effort into getting something else, your efforts are always rewarded.

First, you have to "see". Then, you have to "open your mind", as they say, so as to lift restrictions and needless boundaries/limitations imposed on you, either by your own self and ethics code (which can be heavily flawed, mind you, even if decent; sometimes, decent can be TOO good for your OWN good...), or by others; and many times, boundaries imposed by others are either illusionary from our own part/viewpoint/perception, or manipulative from theirs. By having strong will and clear aims, you can bypass those nasty limitations and actually claim whatever it is you desire. Be it the solution of a problem, gaining something for you, helping others, causing problems for others (though heavily NOT recommended), almost anything!. Restrictions and limitations are always doing a damn fine job in getting us sad, depressed, moaning, and bitching over life, and sadly, this is an undisputed fact; you might hate the words i put to express it, but crudely, that's that and you know it.

My life wasn't so good up to this point. I used to hate many things about it, people who caused said things and imposed them on me, and this kind of stuff. Then i started seeing. Other people, other situations. My deal wasn't HALFWAY as bad as others trully have it. Especially since i bothered to find holes and workarounds. Especially since i started wanting to see behind things, claim the initiative, play on the chessboard with equal or greater cunning, myself, and claiming prizes, trophies and rewards. This paragraph can be directed to anyone and everyone, trully. Evolution and adaptation is a wonderful thing. All for the sake of survival. And winning over others, while letting them THINK that they won over you.

Finally, remember, no one is someone else's property. At least in psyche and soul. People are bound to be volatile and toxic, in all kinds of relationships, so someone has to expect so much as that. And adapt accordingly, be it from a mindset perspective, or other ones. We have direct control on ourselves, on HOW things affect us, how easily we heal from wounds (even physically, this is possible), and if and when we decide to stop being passive about life and start forcibly claiming IT for US! Bitches, bitching and Life are WONDERFUL! Stop moaning from having those pushed up in your face constantly, and reach out your hands with enough willpower to claim them all as yours, instead! Be a winner, now!
AdamR: snip
You have my sympathy; it's a tough thing no matter the situation, even if it's "time."

My mother had been ailing for a while; when I got out of the Army and got home it was like greeting a different person, though she still had all her faculties. Two months later my dad was diagnosed with cancer that was too far gone to do anything about. He died in June, and after that I think my mom just gave up; she died in October. So there I was, 31 years old and without parents. It was quite a shock to the system. So during these times, also remember to be kind to yourself.
Thanks for the replies and kind words. It means a lot to me that people even read my post. The replies mean even more.
I do have plenty of good memories from his better days. I'll try to remember those ones.
My GF is sleeping with her eyes open. It's creeping me out.
F4LL0UT: My GF is sleeping with her eyes open. It's creeping me out.
Is your girlfriend Gandalf!?