It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

qux: I'm curious, do you guys still have a human-run issues desk? because we sure as hell don't. If you want a book out, you've got to use one of the self-issue machines. This is fine for some, not so great for others.
We have a "help" desk for the "non-compliant users" who want to interact with a human being, but for the most part, self-issue.
Which would be wonderful, if they worked as advertised...
Soccorro: As soon as i see a spider i'm paralyzed for a couple of seconds and run away as soon as i can move again.
If I have something handy, I'll try and trap it and throw/ fling it with great enthusiasm out the window, but it also depends on how large they are and how long their legs...

Recently we've had some "whip the public into fear mode" articles about these new spider invaders that arrived on a boat in some banana boxes.
200 years ago.
They've been steadily working their work through the country, and they've arrived in our area.
The false black widow is now officially the most venomous spider in the country, which isn't saying a lot given that I believe none of the native spiders are venomous to us. If you get bitten, you feel ill for a couple of days, but that's it.
Anyway, I found a whole load of egg sacs on our windows, and given there are more than a few spiders per sac, I destroyed with prejudice the sacs. It was a bit scary the way so many spiders dropped out of the woodwork literally, when I was spraying.
I may have eeked a few times, but at no time did a girlish scream pass my lips!
Getcomposted: The false black widow is now officially the most venomous spider in the country, which isn't saying a lot given that I believe none of the native spiders are venomous to us. If you get bitten, you feel ill for a couple of days, but that's it.
Anyway, I found a whole load of egg sacs on our windows, and given there are more than a few spiders per sac, I destroyed with prejudice the sacs. It was a bit scary the way so many spiders dropped out of the woodwork literally, when I was spraying.
We have both the real black widow spider and brown recluses in the area that are venomous. To me all spiders are venomous even that tarantula sized garden spider that was hanging from my fence that I almost walked into while mowing the lawn.
I'm afraid to have a girlfriend over the house, because I just know that will be the time a spider walks by and my shameful girlish screams will have her running for the door. I'm all man for all the other pests: mice, roaches, other insects, but spiders just give me the heebie jeebies. At the 2 minute mark is me if I walk into a spiderweb.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by VABlitz
I miss the old GOG :

- when we received classic release(es) on every week with lots of extras
- there were no indie puzzle platformers
- there were no $5.99 documentaries crap

Every time i see the new design of the website i feel i'm watching the ashes of a dead man . Meh . It's just so depressing .
VABlitz: We have both the real black widow spider and brown recluses in the area that are venomous. To me all spiders are venomous even that tarantula sized garden spider that was hanging from my fence that I almost walked into while mowing the lawn.
I'm afraid to have a girlfriend over the house, because I just know that will be the time a spider walks by and my shameful girlish screams will have her running for the door. I'm all man for all the other pests: mice, roaches, other insects, but spiders just give me the heebie jeebies. At the 2 minute mark is me if I walk into a spiderweb.
This.
Post edited September 02, 2014 by Getcomposted
Getcomposted: The false black widow is now officially the most venomous spider in the country, which isn't saying a lot given that I believe none of the native spiders are venomous to us. If you get bitten, you feel ill for a couple of days, but that's it.
VABlitz: We have both the real black widow spider and brown recluses in the area that are venomous. To me all spiders are venomous even that tarantula sized garden spider that was hanging from my fence that I almost walked into while mowing the lawn.
I do not envy you guys down south. Those brown recluses....some scary shit. One bite can start turning you into the undead(the flesh around the bite starts dying)...
Post edited September 02, 2014 by monkeydelarge
I've been cruelly struck down with the affliction known as man flu. Whiskey reserves are alarmingly low and I fear I won't make it through the night.
Went for a walk last night to try and calm myself down. I turned onto my street, and snapped. Hit by a massive wave of panic. The street and my house felt completely unfamiliar and strange. This has happened hundreds of times.
I have lived in this piece-of-Hitler-shit town for almost three years, and have not felt "home" for a single second.

Decided to go to bed because I was just about paralyzed with fear. Go into my room, and it is fucking infested AGAIN. There are so many holes in the walls that anything smaller than a golf ball can just crawl directly into my room from the back yard. I'm running out of duct tape to patch them all up.

Ended up sleeping on a spare mattress using my shirt for a blanket and a half-full Kleenex box for a pillow.
At least I slept well.

But I'm still so panicked that I can no longer leave my house (again) and had to cancel my dentist appointment (again) to fix my seriously fucked up and falling apart teeth.

The worst thing... There is currently no way for me to leave this town. I'm trapped. No way out.

Took a double dose of Klonny, and now I'm firing up The Wonderful End of the World. That combination usually helps me chill a little.
I'm currently unemployed, studying programming language with a bunch of 16~17 years old wich makes me totally out of place and annoyed by the fact that only I seems to care about life.
When I say "care" I'm really being hypocritical because I'm currently going through some rough emotional destabilization, I'm completely losing my joy and pleasure for everything and everyone. I don't see my "friends" anymore, I can't express myself or communicate well, my relationship well... I guess I can't call it relationship anymore. All of this is a desperate atempt to get some attention from anyone, wich in fact will be worthless at the end, because I hate myself and the better people keeping away from being annoyed by me the best.
Does anyone else have a clean freak in the family that doesn't want anyone to touch ANYTHING!?

XD I'm laughing but I may have to kill my poor mother less she come up with a guideline for furniture use that has any kind of semblance of logic or reality! :P
tinyE: Does anyone else have a clean freak in the family that doesn't want anyone to touch ANYTHING!?

XD I'm laughing but I may have to kill my poor mother less she come up with a guideline for furniture use that has any kind of semblance of logic or reality! :P
At an inn?

I smell SITCOM !!! XD
Got both hands wrapped in bandages. a full packed box fell onto them. i directly went onto my knees and couldn't even scream. luckily nothing is broken. but they bandaged my index and middle finger together. so no fps for the rest of the week. :( oh and some of my fingernails turned black. hematoma i guess.
Soccorro: so no fps for the rest of the week. :(
Can't you use the two bandaged fingers on the left mouse button and the ring finger on the right one?
Soccorro: so no fps for the rest of the week. :(
F4LL0UT: Can't you use the two bandaged fingers on the left mouse button and the ring finger on the right one?
wasd...
i really dont whether to laugh or cry.

It would seem some officials really think its okey to direct walking and bicycle routes through construction sites, because otherwise they would have to go whole few hundred meters of extra way.

And they are complaining of this stuff to almost the mayor level :D

"The traffic safety is now too good, add some more excitement plz!" ?!