It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More roofing this past weekend. So sore. Not looking forward to doing the same thing on my own place within the next few years.
I hate people who start shit for no reason other then to cause drama. Get a life. sorry rant over
qux: I'm unemployed at the moment and the process of looking for a job, frankly, depresses the shit out of me. I feel like I'm wasting my friggin time, there has to be something else I can do to get myself out of this BS situation. I'm 29 years old. I'm young, but not as young as I once was; I'd like a home of my own but with the way I'm going at the moment that's nothing short of a pipe dream.
I feel your pain, brother! I'm actively looking for a job, sending my CV left and right, but so far - to no avail. If I had known that I live in Russia (Hint: I don't, it's just that my country is full of Russians who refuse to use/learn our language, so pretty much any job requires decent knowledge of the Russian language) I would have paid way more attention in Russian class. I'm still keeping my hopes up and waiting for a miracle, though. But for the moment it feels like I am a giant failure, which isn't really helping.
I've started playing The Last of Us: Remastered (having never played the original) and I've got to say, FUCK THE INFECTED!
I'm not even that far into the game (station level) & they're already testing my patience. Clickers are bullshit & Runners are bullshit. Whoever thought to put multiple clickers & runners in the one level & that you have to kill them all to progress deserves to have a clicker bite out their throats. Seriously, unless you're moving slower than they are, the Clickers will immediately snap onto you. And Runners, if they so much as THINK that there might be something in their vicinity, they'll stand up, turn to you & then scream, immediately locking the multiple clickers you haven't killed onto you.
qux: I'm unemployed at the moment and the process of looking for a job, frankly, depresses the shit out of me. I feel like I'm wasting my friggin time, there has to be something else I can do to get myself out of this BS situation. I'm 29 years old. I'm young, but not as young as I once was; I'd like a home of my own but with the way I'm going at the moment that's nothing short of a pipe dream.
ExpectMe: I feel your pain, brother! I'm actively looking for a job, sending my CV left and right, but so far - to no avail. If I had known that I live in Russia (Hint: I don't, it's just that my country is full of Russians who refuse to use/learn our language, so pretty much any job requires decent knowledge of the Russian language) I would have paid way more attention in Russian class. I'm still keeping my hopes up and waiting for a miracle, though. But for the moment it feels like I am a giant failure, which isn't really helping.
Yes, I'm very familiar with feeling like a failure. It's bullshit though, there's only so much you can do when hunting for a job. It's not up to just you, ultimately someone else has to say "yes". Your trying and frankly that's all we can do.
Caffeine headache! Must. have. Coffee...
*lurches off into kitchen*

[Edit: Ah! Coffee! Nectar of the gods! I make a good cup of coffee if I do say so myself.
*buffs nails*
Although I do hand grind the freshly roasted single origin micro-roaster beans!]
Post edited August 05, 2014 by Getcomposted
Not sure why I'm bitching about this but it has my nerves a little bit frazzled. Probably from a case of facing the unknown...

Leaving today for a short trip outside of the Twin Cities, a couple days there and hopefully be on the way back home early Thursday afternoon. But then I jump back in the car Friday AM to get down to southern Indiana to visit a customer on Saturday for the OEM. From there, I drive down to Atlanta for a trade show, also working for the OEM.

Haven't done the trade show thing since, oh, 2003 or so. A lot of machines to set up in a short amount of time, and I haven't seen their new stuff at all - latest model machine I've touched has been a 2010. And then I get to help operate the machines and talk like an expert about them after only having exposure for a week or so. So I'm a little bit nervous because of the tight travel schedule, being useful during set up on machines with which I'm not entirely familiar, being knowledgeable enough when demoing the equipment for the customers, and also being away from the parts-side of my own business for three weeks.

I think the OEM is changing hands - something about being acquired by another machinery company - and that might also change the relationship we have, which had been dicey for several years prior to now; while I do perform some service work for them, I also somewhat compete on parts. They might try to put the kibosh on that, which would be a bit sticky for me. Or maybe I'm worried about nothing. Who knows...

It'll work out on way or another. I'm just not a fan of the unknown, or of tight schedules. On the upside, I'll get to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in 8-10 years and will also get hands-on time with the new equipment, surrounded by people who know the stuff inside and out. Big opportunity to learn a lot of things. It could turn out that it leads to training on the new machines, which would open up the contract opportunities.

So... nerves, but opportunity. : )
My brother just more or less disowned our side of the family in order to make his wife happy.

Fucking cunt.

I so want to get drunk right now.
ExpectMe: But for the moment it feels like I am a giant failure, which isn't really helping.
qux: Yes, I'm very familiar with feeling like a failure. It's bullshit though, there's only so much you can do when hunting for a job. It's not up to just you, ultimately someone else has to say "yes". Your trying and frankly that's all we can do.
Even if you have a job that is still a very pervasive feeling. I feel like a failure every so often. I think it's a good thing, it gets us to try to make ourselves better and to keep from getting complacent.
As for job hunting, just keep up the fight. It's a tough market out there. The last time I was unemployed it took me six months to get a job, and I only took the job I received because I didn't have any other offers and was sick of paying one credit card with the other. I'm still employed in that job (15 years in September), and even though it wasn't the perfect job I eventually felt it was close to enough. Probably part of me just doesn't want to go through all of that job hunting again.
Post edited August 05, 2014 by VABlitz
Ubisoft ladies and genlemen.
Don't even recognise PC as a gaming platform (as opposed to THE gaming platform)
Have huge-ass updates for people who buy CD versions because their internet is slow and limited
Have terrible support for mulitplayer (no way to report hackers, no system to punish them)
Requires once-a-day login to uplay
Breaks games that aren't broken with stuff they don't need
Breaks them further by giving them what they don't need
Set up leaderboards based on speed FOR A STEALTH GAME
Put in speed based missions in STEALTH GAMES where the only stealth is running around at high speed so you won't be spotted
Assigns 4 functions to the same key because the controller they worship doesn't have 3 more buttons
tinyE: My brother just more or less disowned our side of the family in order to make his wife happy.

Fucking cunt.

Sounds like your brother made that decision. Sorry to hear that. My father decided to make a similar move years ago with his, I think, second wife. He later divorced her. His third one wasn't any better....
tinyE: My brother just more or less disowned our side of the family in order to make his wife happy.

Fucking cunt.

Didn't see, so sorry about your pain. But I'm sure he didn't do it wholeheartedly.
foxworks: My father decided to make a similar move years ago with his, I think, second wife. He later divorced her. His third one wasn't any better....
He's an amateur. My dad's on his sixth or seventh (lost count). It may be his last, I think he may have finally figured out that his marriage problems were problems with himself. I guess it takes five women leaving you before you decide to better yourself.
Post edited August 05, 2014 by VABlitz
foxworks: My father decided to make a similar move years ago with his, I think, second wife. He later divorced her. His third one wasn't any better....
VABlitz: He's an amateur. My dad's on his sixth or seventh (lost count). It may be his last, I think he may have finally figured out that his marriage problems were problems with himself. I guess it takes five women leaving you before you decide to better yourself.
My father came up with the opposite realization after his third ended. Now he's just bitter towards women. XD
HereForTheBeer: More roofing this past weekend. So sore. Not looking forward to doing the same thing on my own place within the next few years.
Roofing is a pain!, Round here we don't really have osb/ply then nailguning shingles method. Its felt then batons then either old slate or the double roman style tiles mostly so the hardest part is getting the tiles up. Even with a bumper you still have to spread them out around the roof and they start weighing a ton after a while.

To the people talking about being disappointed with where you are in life, I feel you all big time. With my 31'st birthday this coming weekend I'm thinking about it more and its very depressing. No qualifications, my work is weird at the moment, it is with family and its mostly on a training basis where I don't get paid but I occasionally get a paid job so it works out a pittance. Lowest I have ever been paid in my life anyway. But I don't really have any bills as I live with my parents (which is depressing in in itself), so I can afford to buy games and sometimes get drunk. I spent my youth travelling in different countries for prolonged periods, playing in bands, messing about, getting drunk (and other things) and now am left with no qualifications, no career or prospects all my own doing.

But If I wanted to I could better myself, think of some kind of entrepreneurial idea or even go to college but lethargy and a lack of drive are accompanied and accepted with a life sliding into mediocrity.

Anyway sorry for being grim :P but that's what this thread is for I guess! Good to you all with your problems anyway, hope things work out for myself and all of you :)

x