It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

viperfdl: Yeah, some assholes always try to guilt-trip you because you're feeling miserable and want to talk to someone about it.
ddickinson: I never actually meant my comment as a 'guilt trip' or a 'stop whining' post and I'm sorry if that is how you perceived it. At no point did I say people should just stop whining or just be grateful that it isn't worse or that they do not have a right to be unhappy or miserable about their situation because others have it worse, nor did I mention others who had it worse to try to prove this point.

All I meant was that I sometimes find comfort after the event that it could have been worse, it's little consolation to me at the time, but I usually find that afterwards a problem is never usually as dire at it seemed at the time. Like Getcomposted said, no one has a right to make someone else's problem seem petty and meaningless, everyone is entitled to feel miserable or unhappy, and no one has the right to say they are more miserable unhappy than you. People just deal with things differently. Some do find comfort in knowing it could have been worse, or meeting someone who has it worse and being humbled by it - while others find no consolation in this at all. Everyone is different and we all deal with life's problems in our own way.
Excuse accepted. :)
marianne.495: I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs. They say corps are a single entity like women are. Excuse me ???!!! So now we are mixing state rights with religious rights ? This is outrageous. Too much GD government control. We the ppl are losing our rights one by one. If our government doesn't like something in the Constitution, gov says TS and does what it wants. Damn, but I'm mad. :P
Ragnarblackmane: I can't believe I missed this before...this all started because of HobbyLobby's christian leadership not wanting to fund what they consider to be against their religious views. I actually signed a series of petitions in favor of BC costs but clearly it fell on deaf corporate-lackey ears.

The original Hikaru Sulu, Mr. George Takei, had a brilliant response to this bullshit ruling:

[url=What%20if%20HL%20was%20run%20by%20Muslims%20imposing%20Sharia%20law?]http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/02/george-takei-what-if-hobby-lobby-was-run-by-muslims-imposing-sharia-law-on-workers/[/url]

Oh and let's not forget Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had the...er...courage to dissent to the SPOTUS decision of her arch-conservative colleagues.
I opened your link and got a 404: page doesn't exist. I really would have liked to read the article. :-)
marianne: I opened your link and got a 404: page doesn't exist. I really would have liked to read the article. :-)
Here.
JMich: Here.
Thanks, I also wanted to read what he said. And it sounds like Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the only one with an ounce of common sense and the morals to put her personal feelings and beliefs aside to judge a case on its merits and implications...

So, a Christian Scientist company could just refuse to pay for health insurance as they won't need it...
Getcomposted: So, a Christian Scientist company could just refuse to pay for health insurance as they won't need it...
Not to mention what happens if I put down my religion as JMichism ;)
marianne: I opened your link and got a 404: page doesn't exist. I really would have liked to read the article. :-)
Aaaahhh...beautiful !!!! That link is a wealth of info and I wish everyone would read it. I have been in a discussion with relatives and friends and the opinions on both sides are very strong. I bookmarked this link and will send it on to them, hoping they benefit from it. *marianne grinds her teeth*
JMich: Not to mention what happens if I put down my religion as JMichism ;)
I did think about what would happen if someone were to "invent" a religion *cough* Ron Hubbard! *cough*. There could be all sorts of things you were against. Let's posit an extreme - a PETA style religion in which animals are beautiful only in their natural surroundings, and that you're abusing an animal if you keep it as a pet. Thus, no pet owners to be employed as they're EVIL!
You owned a goldfish when you were six! No employment for you!

Or a breatharianism company - no lunch breaks or food for you! In fact, no food allowed in the building! You all get sun lamps so that you can feed on the sun like a plant!
Visitors won't be offered a cup of coffee or water, no! They also get sun lamps!
Post edited July 14, 2014 by Getcomposted
Thanks for fixing my link:)
Sorry for all the bitching I have been doing here but it is extremely nice to have somewhere to bitch. Even about the small things because the small things tend to build up and lead to big things. To be able to just type my anger is a way to release a little bit of it.

I hate my "Boss" he is a uneducated jerk, extreme gambler, money hungry loser, constant cheater (in ALL aspects) self centered pompous ass. - thank you. I will now return you to the normal bitching program. This was an alert from the Im about to flip alert system.
Hey Sage...Good rant and I hope it helped you to feel better.

I had a boss just like the one you have. He was an eye surgeon, mean, nasty, arrogant and ripped off the patients. I worked from 7:45am to 5:00pm and later if there was a patient and I was not allowed a break or a lunch break...couldn't even sneak in a bite if there were no patients to see me doing it. I needed the job. I finally found another job and turned in my notice. He was so angry, that he refused to see patients . I told him that the waiting room was over-flowing and he HAD to see patients. He said he wasn't going to see them, til I promised not to leave.

Long story short...I left and he spent 3 years searching all the hospitals for me. He found a friend of mine, Ruth, who was head of medical records at a local hospital and asked what he could do to get me back. She said...nothing you could do doctor would Ever get her to go back to work for you, you are history. That was my time to - hehehehe :D
marianne: Hey Sage...Good rant and I hope it helped you to feel better.

I had a boss just like the one you have. He was an eye surgeon, mean, nasty, arrogant and ripped off the patients. I worked from 7:45am to 5:00pm and later if there was a patient and I was not allowed a break or a lunch break...couldn't even sneak in a bite if there were no patients to see me doing it. I needed the job. I finally found another job and turned in my notice. He was so angry, that he refused to see patients . I told him that the waiting room was over-flowing and he HAD to see patients. He said he wasn't going to see them, til I promised not to leave.

Long story short...I left and he spent 3 years searching all the hospitals for me. He found a friend of mine, Ruth, who was head of medical records at a local hospital and asked what he could do to get me back. She said...nothing you could do doctor would Ever get her to go back to work for you, you are history. That was my time to - hehehehe :D
Wow, good for you, and way to stick to your convictions:) I always admire people who do that, as many folks will stand down and dishonor themselves.
marianne: Hey Sage...Good rant and I hope it helped you to feel better.

Ragnarblackmane: Wow, good for you, and way to stick to your convictions:) I always admire people who do that, as many folks will stand down and dishonor themselves.
Thanks ( ^_^ )

Btw...I forwarded your link on to family and friends and told them "this is how I feel and here's why". :)
Here's my Grrrrrrr....We all have mail slots built into our doors. They are rectangle in shape and the new postal delivery person rolls the mail up into a ball (last I looked, a ball is round) and tries to shove it into the rectangle mail slot. Course it won't go in, so the mail gets shredded. DUH !!!!!!! >_<
marianne: Here's my Grrrrrrr....We all have mail slots built into our doors. They are rectangle in shape and the new postal delivery person rolls the mail up into a ball (last I looked, a ball is round) and tries to shove it into the rectangle mail slot. Course it won't go in, so the mail gets shredded. DUH !!!!!!! >_<
If your mail is going to be shredded anyway you might want to look into a cat like this to drive the mail man nuts =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av2u8OO8Dpw

Thank you about my work rant. I hate my Boss he is the owner of a used car dealership and yep - he fits all the stereotype that comes from used cars sales. On top of not paying his works anywhere near what they should be paid. And then constantly bullying and putting down everyone. And the people he puts down are great works that make him the money to have his mistress and lambo. *sigh* I could go on all day about his bullshit. The only reason i do not leave right now is Mom. I am "Internet Manager" pretty term for taking 30 pics of each car an putting everything on the website and CL. I get paid per car I do under the table so with Mom in rehab and coming home tomorrow!!!! I can make my own hours.

I bow to you for being able to leave your asshole Boss. And even better that it messed him up to a degree in finding workers. It is always the best ones that the Boss' treat like shit!!
marianne: Here's my Grrrrrrr....We all have mail slots built into our doors. They are rectangle in shape and the new postal delivery person rolls the mail up into a ball (last I looked, a ball is round) and tries to shove it into the rectangle mail slot. Course it won't go in, so the mail gets shredded. DUH !!!!!!! >_<
Sage103082: If your mail is going to be shredded anyway you might want to look into a cat like this to drive the mail man nuts =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av2u8OO8Dpw

Thank you about my work rant. I hate my Boss he is the owner of a used car dealership and yep - he fits all the stereotype that comes from used cars sales. On top of not paying his works anywhere near what they should be paid. And then constantly bullying and putting down everyone. And the people he puts down are great works that make him the money to have his mistress and lambo. *sigh* I could go on all day about his bullshit. The only reason i do not leave right now is Mom. I am "Internet Manager" pretty term for taking 30 pics of each car an putting everything on the website and CL. I get paid per car I do under the table so with Mom in rehab and coming home tomorrow!!!! I can make my own hours.

I bow to you for being able to leave your asshole Boss. And even better that it messed him up to a degree in finding workers. It is always the best ones that the Boss' treat like shit!!
Hahahaha...soooo funny...hysterical. I WANT that cat !!!! ( ^_^ )