It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Externica: I've got some pet problems myself again.
December last year, my cat had problems with its tooth ridge. It was nothing major, luckily, but I was still worried. Anyway, the vet wanted to see him quite regular, which is why the little guy is afraid of the transportation box.

And now I've got a brand new problem with my cat. When I woke up this morning, there was something wrong with the tip of his tail. The fur feels glued and neither of us knows why. My roommate told me there was noise in the garage last night and I was looking there if something fell or if there is blood. I couldn't find anything. I even can't tell if the tail is bloody, since the little guy is black! It could be blood, glue or some other sticky liquid, for all I know. (My roommate dropped jogurt on the kitchen floor, bit she cleaned everythign up as far as I know and cant' remember if the cat's were nearby when that happened).
Worse, when we get to close to the tip of his tail, my cat makes an ached back, starts to hiss and attacks.

And we don'T know what happened. I can'T take him to the vet, as he would go into hiding or just agve us trouble going into the transportation box - and currently I don't even have the money if it was something serious. Luckily July is around the corner.
But we are worried now that my cat jammed his tail in a door and that the possible injury could turn into something ugly. Esspecially me.
That sticky stuff is probably blood. If it was yogurt, your cat would of licked it off, I think. Cats love to keep themselves clean. You should borrow money from your parents, lure him into his box with food and then take him to the vet as soon as possible. I'm no expert but it seems like the tip of his tail is wounded... Wounds can get infected... If the infection is not treated, it will spread, then after some time, your cat will die.
Post edited June 26, 2014 by monkeydelarge
toxicTom: But of course you have to catch the little guy first.
That's the problem.
He's all cuddly and sweet, but he doesn'T like being grabbed. So even with working gloves, he'd wince out of my hands.
I even considered getting the tail clean with a white sponge alone, but no luck.

also, there are no signs of pests in the garage. Aside from some fake rats glued to the wall from a three year old birthday party.

At least he seems to be his usual self. But we have to keep our eyes in case he becomes sick.
Externica: That's the problem.
He's all cuddly and sweet, but he doesn'T like being grabbed. So even with working gloves, he'd wince out of my hands.
I even considered getting the tail clean with a white sponge alone, but no luck.

also, there are no signs of pests in the garage. Aside from some fake rats glued to the wall from a three year old birthday party.

At least he seems to be his usual self. But we have to keep our eyes in case he becomes sick.
If the tail doesn't look broken I wouldn't worry too much. Cats are usually pretty tough. With most of the cats we had bad teeth were the worst problems. One of our cats (female) was deaf for many years and then she turned blind, too. And still she moved around the house and kept the two (younger) male cats in check. A true lady. She died at age 21.
Just some minor bitching: I don't like horror games, but seeing many people excited about Alan Wake as a freebie, I decided to get it as a gift for one of the people who would surely be said they missed the 30 minute deal of Alan Wake being free. But as it turned out, if you click to add a freebie, it will be automatically be added to your library and there's just no gift option if you don't own the game yet.

I filed a support request and got the answer:
"Hello

I'm afraid that it is not possible to receive a gift code for that game during the giveaway if you do not have game purchased first.

Regards,
[ his name ]
GOG.com Support

So now:

A: I can't make anybody happy with a gift of Alan Wake,

and

B: I'm stuck with a game in my library I didn't want in the first place.
Post edited June 26, 2014 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: <snip>
So now:

and

If it makes you feel any better, It's cool that you went out of your way to try to make someone else's day. Sometimes you have to satisfy yourself with the attempt, even if the results aren't what you were hoping to achieve.

IB "That's what SHE said!"
DubConqueror: <snip>
So now:

and

HereForTheBeer: If it makes you feel any better, It's cool that you went out of your way to try to make someone else's day. Sometimes you have to satisfy yourself with the attempt, even if the results aren't what you were hoping to achieve.

Thanks for the head's up.

BTW, good luck with your dog, I'm not really a pet-person, but I can feel sorry you're dog's in trouble.
Post edited June 26, 2014 by DubConqueror
HereForTheBeer: If it makes you feel any better, It's cool that you went out of your way to try to make someone else's day. Sometimes you have to satisfy yourself with the attempt, even if the results aren't what you were hoping to achieve.

DubConqueror: Thanks for the head's up.

BTW, good luck with your dog, I'm not really a pet-person, but I can feel sorry you're dog's in trouble.
She's doing okay. Just a bit of a slobbery mess for now. But still, this is my angel and it's frustrating to not be able to do much but wait. Was good to see her rough-housing with the other dog this evening, so that means it is likely just a temporary problem.

edit: extra words slipped in there somehow
Post edited June 27, 2014 by HereForTheBeer
... Until I just ruined it, this thread had 6666 posts... or nearly 10x the "happy" thread.

We sure do like to bitch as a people don't we?
Cyberevil: ... Until I just ruined it, this thread had 6666 posts... or nearly 10x the "happy" thread.

There's a happy thread? Being happy's a real thing?
Cyberevil: ... Until I just ruined it, this thread had 6666 posts... or nearly 10x the "happy" thread.

VABlitz: There's a happy thread? Being happy's a real thing?
Hard to believe sometimes, but yeah ;)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_made_you_happy_today

VABlitz: There's a happy thread? Being happy's a real thing?
Believe it or not, yes!

i finally put it on my favorites now even, so I don't "lose" it, as it seems to drop pages back at times. I'm a frequent visitor/poster here, but I like seeing that one better.
Post edited June 26, 2014 by Cyberevil
It pisses me off that there's a noticeable prize gap between bad and good guitars. I was looking for a decent steel-string acoustic but anything that doesn't look like it's made of plastic and/or will fall apart at any minute is WAY beyond my budget.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by user deleted
The woman and I spent $200 on groceries yesterday.

Went to the kitchen to prepare dinner tonight, thought to myself "man, not a lot of food in the house."

What the fuck.
Hah I share your pain, this happens to me at least once a month. Usually because what we buy is stuff that is not considered "proper" meal food or stuff that involves lots of prep-time.

I will bitch about the fact that it's almost an entire year before more Game of Thrones and that the George of House Martin may pass before completing the Winds of Winter.. Yeah I know, first world problems all around.) .

Oh and I'm too tired to drink any more of my Mission IPA.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
StingingVelvet: The woman and I spent $200 on groceries yesterday.

Went to the kitchen to prepare dinner tonight, thought to myself "man, not a lot of food in the house."

What the fuck.
Yeah, the cost of food in this country is going up like a Monkeynaut in a rocket on it's way to Mars. If I remember correctly, its because the cost of diesel fuel went up recently. And there is a huge drought where most of our food comes from... Not good...

javier0889: It pisses me off that there's a noticeable prize gap between bad and good guitars. I was looking for a decent steel-string acoustic but anything that doesn't look like it's made of plastic and/or will fall apart at any minute is WAY beyond my budget.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0
marianne: Solved my waiting room issue with my doctors. I ask to have my appt to be the first one after their lunch break. *big smile*
Take your happiness elsewhere, happy person! We don't like your kind around here. :P
Post edited June 27, 2014 by monkeydelarge