It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telika: Okay, I learnt about the TET departure and it annoys me a lot. That guy was hugely fun, and has a very specific delivery tone that I adored in the videos, and that really represented GOG in my eyes (or ears). Something will be very off and unGOGy (and a bit less fun) for the rest of forever.

I'll miss his semi-singing detached tongue-in-cheek-ish voice, and his general silliness. In a world where everybody tries to out-Delafontaine each others, it defined a specific GOG mood. It's hard to dissociate it as a "detachable", incidental element.

GOG will now feel like a james bond movie without the the little monty norman theme...
Damn that sucks. I agree with you. He has a really cool accent that added uniqueness to GOG's videos.
tinyE:
monkeydelarge: We have the worst drivers in the whole country and here, it's normal to be very rude, angry and aggressive.
You've never been to St. Louis have you? :P
I'll put my hometown shitty drivers up against your hometown shitty drivers any day of the week my friend! XD
monkeydelarge: We have the worst drivers in the whole country and here, it's normal to be very rude, angry and aggressive.
tinyE: You've never been to St. Louis have you? :P
I'll put my hometown shitty drivers up against your hometown shitty drivers any day of the week my friend! XD
You sure?

New Jersey driving isn't so much different than the kind of driving you find in this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM

I did drive through St. Louis last year and noticed the people there drive very much like New Jersey people... So maybe it's a tie...
Post edited June 07, 2014 by monkeydelarge
tinyE: You've never been to St. Louis have you? :P
monkeydelarge: You sure?

New Jersey driving isn't so much different than the kind of driving you find in this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM

I did drive through St. Louis last year and noticed the people there drive very much like New Jersey people... So maybe it's a tie...
I watched your link and thought it was taken here in Florida...til my eyes dropped down and I saw where it really was :D

ETA: We can proudly boast the most texting driving idiots.
Post edited June 07, 2014 by marianne
monkeydelarge: You sure?

marianne: I watched your link and thought it was taken here in Florida...til my eyes dropped down and I saw where it really was :D

I've heard about Florida drivers. They have a bad reputation too.
marianne: I watched your link and thought it was taken here in Florida...til my eyes dropped down and I saw where it really was :D

monkeydelarge: I've heard about Florida drivers. They have a bad reputation too.
That's because they're all 80 years old.
Weeellll...there's a lot of truth to that. You don't dare honk at one cause they might have a heart attack. That wasn't very nice of me, BUT we do truly have more younger ppl now. They took away all the green benches in the downtown area, for one thing, and the beaches are packed. Each youngun has their own boombox covered with plastic to keep the salt and sand out, turned on full blast and everyone is tuned in to a different station ... phew.

ETA: I love my beaches, but I use the St Pete beaches. The Clearwater beach is the bedlam one.
Post edited June 07, 2014 by marianne
Templated: Really no idea what to do that doesn't include playing games
WereCatf: Well, what's wrong with playing games, though?
Its had a longtime stigma of being anti social stuck to it....:/
Niggles: Its had a longtime stigma of being anti social stuck to it....:/
Shit if I do it it is anti-social! XD
Well, something being anti-social doesn't automatically mean it's bad for you or that you should feel bad about liking doing it. Take for example fishing: some people go out there fishing already at 4 in the morning, spend the whole day all by themselves sitting in the boat, drinking beer and catching fish. What could be more anti-social than that? Yet people don't berate them for that habit because... it happens outdoors.

Gaming is labeled as anti-social and that's used as an excuse for berating gamers, but really, if you went outdoors to play your games you wouldn't be getting anywhere near the same kind of rap. It doesn't even matter where you go, if you get yourself a boat, row to the middle of the lake and start playing games there -- people will still see it as somehow an enormously better alternative than doing it indoors.

And yet, why do some people go fishing, for example? Because they most likely enjoy it. So, why should you feel bad about doing something you enjoy, but let others get scott-free with enjoying their own hobbies? I don't agree with that kind of thinking, you only have one life and you should get to enjoy some of it without burdening yourself with guilt.

Disclaimer: apologies for perhaps sounding self-righteous and for the heavy reply. Feel even free to disagree with me if you like.
Post edited June 07, 2014 by WereCatf
As someone who lives in a fishing haven and partakes in it from time to time allow me to quote Steven Wright who said, "There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."
WereCatf: Well, something being anti-social doesn't automatically mean it's bad for you or that you should feel bad about liking doing it. Take for example fishing: some people go out there fishing already at 4 in the morning, spend the whole day all by themselves sitting in the boat, drinking beer and catching fish. What could be more anti-social than that? Yet people don't berate them for that habit because... it happens outdoors.
I guess its more of the stereo type - gaming = computers = geeky= anti social ...at least that was the old stigma. From what i can tell its a tad more cooler these days since the explosion in console gaming :/....more socially acceptable in peoples eyes (generally speaking of course)
WereCatf: Well, something being anti-social doesn't automatically mean it's bad for you or that you should feel bad about liking doing it. Take for example fishing: some people go out there fishing already at 4 in the morning, spend the whole day all by themselves sitting in the boat, drinking beer and catching fish. What could be more anti-social than that? Yet people don't berate them for that habit because... it happens outdoors.
Niggles: I guess its more of the stereo type - gaming = computers = geeky= anti social ...at least that was the old stigma. From what i can tell its a tad more cooler these days since the explosion in console gaming :/....more socially acceptable in peoples eyes (generally speaking of course)
Now those stupid hipster think they all become "geeky" and "nerdy" just by putting on fake eyeglasses. "Ooooh, look at me i can switch my computer on and off, i'm such a nerd sometimes!" NO YOU'RE NOT! YOU'RE JUST A STUPID ASSHOLE!

Go hug a tree, eat tofu and suppport the arab spring by liking a facebook site dedicated to it by using your MAC!
monkeydelarge: Northern New Jersey, near New York City. A part of the USA, that is very unique and different from the rest of the USA, in my opinion. We have the worst drivers in the whole country and here, it's normal to be very rude, angry and aggressive. If you are polite here, it will be seen as a weakness. People from other states who visit or move here are usually shocked at the behavior of the locals.
Perhaps if your state didn't have a toll every two miles, or a way to make a left without making three rights, but at least I now understand all that craziness: crappy drivers. It also explains the not letting people fill their own gas tank thing.
monkeydelarge: Northern New Jersey, near New York City. A part of the USA, that is very unique and different from the rest of the USA, in my opinion. We have the worst drivers in the whole country and here, it's normal to be very rude, angry and aggressive. If you are polite here, it will be seen as a weakness. People from other states who visit or move here are usually shocked at the behavior of the locals.
VABlitz: Perhaps if your state didn't have a toll every two miles, or a way to make a left without making three rights, but at least I now understand all that craziness: crappy drivers. It also explains the not letting people fill their own gas tank thing.
You are right about the tolls but California has the same 'no left turn' bullshit. Speaking of traffic, has anyone ever been in or around the greater Chicago area when there wasn't road construction going on!?! It worse than Hazzard county; there is a fucking detour every mile and they are there 365 days a year!