It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I call a bundle crap (all steam) and i get derepped. Who the f*ck is the tossbag
AlKim: I have been in a vaguely similar situation (or several such) minus the last bit with an ex, and it was actually my line every time. We were tuned in such different frequencies that I never had an option but to accept the negative opinion - sometimes out of hand, sometimes after she had repeatedly failed to understand my viewpoint. I don't think she ever really got me, with the result that I felt that having a serious conversation with her was impossible, and let me tell you, it's really difficult to try to have a conversation about conversation being impossible with someone with whom conversation is impossible.
You must have the patience of Job to have even attempted that kind of conversation. A tip of my hat to you, sir. I become much more hand-gesturey than vocal when frustrated to that point. (And I got an email from her earlier today, "Oh I hope you don't think I was saying you're stupid!" My eyes almost rolled out of my head at that one!)
henchwench82: I got into a debate with a friend last night that ended thus: "I refuse to say what I actually mean or think on this subject, and whatever you think I mean or think based on what I actually did manage to say, you're wrong, unless I decide you're agreeing with me."

Has this ever happened to you? What the hell do you even say to that kind of thing? O_o Why was she even discussing it if she never had any intention of actually discussing it? I mean...wtf?? I'm still shaking my head.
My response would be, "from now on, say what is on your mind or STFU. I don't have time for this BS." Then if she continues to fail at communicating properly, I'd just stop talking to her. Why waste time talking to someone like that when there are billions of other people to talk to who actually express their thoughts? Life is too short for that shit.
Post edited May 30, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: My response would be, "from now on, say what is on your mind or STFU. I don't have time for this BS." Then if she continues to fail at communicating properly, I'd just stop talking to her. Why waste time talking to someone like that when there are billions of other people to talk to? Life is too short for that shit.
Unfortunately, 99.9% of women are like that.
monkeydelarge: My response would be, "from now on, say what is on your mind or STFU. I don't have time for this BS." Then if she continues to fail at communicating properly, I'd just stop talking to her. Why waste time talking to someone like that when there are billions of other people to talk to? Life is too short for that shit.
VABlitz: Unfortunately, 99.9% of women are like that.
I have encountered a lot of women who are not like that. Regardless of how many women are like that. Life is too short to put up with people who basically lie to you(wasting your time), every time you talk to them.
Post edited May 31, 2014 by monkeydelarge
I hate people who can't drive on their own side of the road. Especially the people who over compensate by getting a big dually truck (You know they're over compensating because the bed doesn't have a scratch in it from hauling anything around and there's no hitch) and cannot keep it between the lines. If your car is too big you can't keep it on your side of the road, then you need to be driving a smaller car. If you still cannot do it, then you need to be put on a bicycle. Also, I do not understand why handicapped people are allowed to drive vehicles like a corvette or big trucks with a 6+ inch lift kit on it. Or is laziness considered a handicap now? If you have back problems you do not need to be climbing out of truck you obviously need a ladder to get in and out of, or a car you need to be a yoga master to get in and out of (Corvettes are snug and comfy when you're sitting in them, they fit like a glove, but getting to that position is hell even for someone with no problems). I'm aware there are people who use these handicaps that aren't really handicapped, and these are the people who need to be forced to have a lazy sign and have a lazy person parking area or be ran over and made an honest person. They are allowed to pick one or the other. But they better decide quickly or a decision will be made for them because the idiot driving the big truck is flying up the road. I will admit it is funny following behind these people though to watch them drive like they are in nascar and mow the side of the road and take out mail boxes as they go. There was a house at a bend on my road that literally had to replace their mail box every month because of these people. And yet it is illegal to put a mailbox filled with concrete by the road to make people learn to drive (I know this only because I know a guy who got fined for doing his to stop kids from playing mail box baseball when a kid broke his arm). Go figure. But I still think they should have some common sense and just learn to drive. They are a hazard to themselves and everyone else on the road, and others just trying to check their mail, not to mention the people who are learning ride a bicycle again. It's like they're trying to get hit just so they can park beside the doors at Walmart and ride the motorized wheel chairs through the store running down the shoppers. Needless to say, I'm going through a bit of road rage. I need me a big truck to run some people off the road. lol
There should be a tougher driving test for larger vehicles, and I am including the ginormous land yachts old people like to drive. I think it's a requirement that the older you are, the bigger the car you have to drive, or so it seems.

FoxbodyMustang: Or is laziness considered a handicap now?
Well, Obesity is a handicap now.

FoxbodyMustang: And yet it is illegal to put a mailbox filled with concrete by the road
He should have just put bricks around it. That's legal. Kids will be kids...it's annoying, but I remember a lot of stuff I did at their age that I am not to proud of now.

monkeydelarge: I have encountered a lot of women who are not like that. Regardless of how many women are like that. Life is too short to put up with people who basically lie to you(wasting your time), every time you talk to them.
I was exaggerating a bit, but everyone knows that men don't understand a thing about women except they like to talk and shop, the two things men hate to do. And there are exceptions with both sexes.
Post edited May 31, 2014 by VABlitz
VABlitz: There should be a tougher driving test for larger vehicles, and I am including the ginormous land yachts old people like to drive. I think it's a requirement that the older you are, the bigger the car you have to drive, or so it seems.

FoxbodyMustang: Or is laziness considered a handicap now?
VABlitz: Well, Obesity is a handicap now.

FoxbodyMustang: And yet it is illegal to put a mailbox filled with concrete by the road
VABlitz: He should have just put bricks around it. That's legal. Kids will be kids...it's annoying, but I remember a lot of stuff I did at their age that I am not to proud of now.

monkeydelarge: I have encountered a lot of women who are not like that. Regardless of how many women are like that. Life is too short to put up with people who basically lie to you(wasting your time), every time you talk to them.
VABlitz: I was exaggerating a bit, but everyone knows that men don't understand a thing about women except they like to talk and shop, the two things men hate to do. And there are exceptions with both sexes.
most of what what funny as a kid, makes me feel guilty now. during new years eve, we used to fire rockets into some bitter old man's garden. we would watch him with a binocular, and when he was all comfy, we lit like 5 - 10 rockets, pointing into his direction.
henchwench82: I got into a debate with a friend last night that ended thus: "I refuse to say what I actually mean or think on this subject, and whatever you think I mean or think based on what I actually did manage to say, you're wrong, unless I decide you're agreeing with me."

Has this ever happened to you? What the hell do you even say to that kind of thing? O_o Why was she even discussing it if she never had any intention of actually discussing it? I mean...wtf?? I'm still shaking my head.
Ah, the joys of marriage...

Well I tend to agree that most women have that in themselves (not: are like that). I know fights like this, actually had one about a week ago with my beloved. Usually there's PMS to blame, but sometimes there are other (often to me incomprehendable) reasons. My strategy usually is dropping that topic and waiting for the smoke to clear and come back to the issue at a later and hopefully better time.

toxicTom: Ah, the joys of marriage...

Well I tend to agree that most women have that in themselves (not: are like that). I know fights like this, actually had one about a week ago with my beloved. Usually there's PMS to blame, but sometimes there are other (often to me incomprehendable) reasons. My strategy usually is dropping that topic and waiting for the smoke to clear and come back to the issue at a later and hopefully better time.
I've been in many relationships. I've only had to deal with a woman who was like that, in only one relationship I've had. I don't understand how this is a marriage thing because it seems to be just a personality thing.

VABlitz: There should be a tougher driving test for larger vehicles, and I am including the ginormous land yachts old people like to drive. I think it's a requirement that the older you are, the bigger the car you have to drive, or so it seems.

Well, Obesity is a handicap now.

He should have just put bricks around it. That's legal. Kids will be kids...it's annoying, but I remember a lot of stuff I did at their age that I am not to proud of now.

I was exaggerating a bit, but everyone knows that men don't understand a thing about women except they like to talk and shop, the two things men hate to do. And there are exceptions with both sexes.
Soccorro: most of what what funny as a kid, makes me feel guilty now. during new years eve, we used to fire rockets into some bitter old man's garden. we would watch him with a binocular, and when he was all comfy, we lit like 5 - 10 rockets, pointing into his direction.
That just sounds fun.
monkeydelarge: I've been in many relationships. I've only had to deal with a woman who was like that, in only one relationship I've had. I don't understand how this is a marriage thing because it seems to be just a personality thing.
The joy of marriage is that you can have fights like that *every day*! Ok, the jest wasn't very good. I've been together with my wife for 14 years now and let me tell you: personalities change over time. She never was like that in the beginning.
monkeydelarge: I've been in many relationships. I've only had to deal with a woman who was like that, in only one relationship I've had. I don't understand how this is a marriage thing because it seems to be just a personality thing.
toxicTom: The joy of marriage is that you can have fights like that *every day*! Ok, the jest wasn't very good. I've been together with my wife for 14 years now and let me tell you: personalities change over time. She never was like that in the beginning.
I believe you. People do change over time. It's scary. In my last relationship, after 2 years, my girlfriend became a totally different person. She started spending more time with these group of girls and then she became a totally different person. Then 2 years later, she changed even more.
toxicTom: The joy of marriage is that you can have fights like that *every day*! Ok, the jest wasn't very good. I've been together with my wife for 14 years now and let me tell you: personalities change over time. She never was like that in the beginning.
monkeydelarge: I believe you. People do change over time. It's scary. In my last relationship, after 2 years, my girlfriend became a totally different person. She started spending more time with these group of girls and then she became a totally different person.
I think what changed my wife mainly has to do with having the kids. We have two, the eldest is 6, the pregnancy was with complications. When we finally found a kindergarden place the second one was underway. My wife has not been working for seven years now. She's an academic and was used to do intellectual demaning and satisfying work and being with highly intellectual and creative people. Now for the last seven years she's been housewife and mother and many of her friends and aquaintances have left town for greener grass elsewhere. I'm currently the only one that could fullfill her needs for mental stimuli and after all that time we run out of topics to discuss and I can't come up with (for her) surprising and thought provoking ideas - we know each other too well. The other side is that having been "off market" for that long and with the children needing care and always posing a risk of getting ill and forcing her to stay home it's incredibly hard for her getting a foot into the door of finding a new job. There's a lot of frustration boiling inside her. The fact that I'm currently under a lot of pressure from my work - staying in the office for 10-12 hours a day - doesn't really help her either. She feels left alone with the household and kids and when I come back from work I'm usually not in the mood or even able to give her the "entertainment", encouragement and patience she direly needs.
Yeah, well - at least we are back on topic.

monkeydelarge: My response would be, "from now on, say what is on your mind or STFU. I don't have time for this BS." Then if she continues to fail at communicating properly, I'd just stop talking to her. Why waste time talking to someone like that when there are billions of other people to talk to who actually express their thoughts? Life is too short for that shit.
That's what the ex said to me as well. Like I said though, I think we were (or ended up) on very separate levels: I don't like to be told to cut out the crap and speak plainly when I am already making a huge conscious effort to do so. In retrospect, I think that this stemmed from our personalities being (or having become) fundamentally different, she being interested in the what and me focusing more on the why.
Post edited June 01, 2014 by AlKim

toxicTom: Ah, the joys of marriage...

Well, she's not my wife, thank God, so I don't think this is marriage specific. ^_^

I've seen this kind of behavior before, and I recognize it for what it is- I just don't understand it. Why even be talking about something you don't want to actually talk about? Why talk AROUND anything in the first place? What kind of incomprehensible reason could possibly be behind this? (I guess it doesn't matter if no one could understand it anyway!)

One thing though, I don't really agree with blaming poor behavior on hormones, PMS and so on (if it's not that, it's "the change.") I know you weren't blaming it always on that, but some people (of both sexes) do act like PMS is some Get Out Of Jail Free card and since this is the "bitch about life" thread, I will bitch about it ;) Acting like an asshat is acting like an asshat. Yeah, some things may make you more prone to acting like one on any given day, but carving a week out of every month to not have to control your inner asshattery because, "oh, my uterus!" isn't right, in my opinion. If the average man can avoid beating his wife when he's had a bad day at work, the average woman can restrain herself from mindfucking with her husband because she's got the cramps (unless it's consensual, ha). And if she truly can't restrain herself, there's medical treatment for that, it's in no way "normal" to be rendered an out of control psycho for the entirety of one's childbearing years.

Anyway. To everyone who voted "life is too short," I agree completely.