It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

henchwench82: Well, it's a cheap way to see the world, so maybe not THAT nuts. I think their churches fund the whole thing. Not saying that's their only intention, mind you. I'm sure they're also trying very hard to save your soul, provided your lawn ornamentation isn't overly intimidating ^_^
Soccorro: I think they are being pressured to "save" people the same way the doorstep brigade is pressured to sell stuff. So i don't think they get to see much in the countries they visit. One of them held the door when i were about to close it and tried to convince me of allowing him inside. then he tried to force his card into my apartment. It's hard to fight those guys off AND remain polite. How do you do that when they show up every 2 days!? I'd go nuts!
I think most people give up being polite when there are multiple return trips. I get out of the problem entirely because I just don't answer the door for them, or for anyone who isn't invited. If it was anyone important, they'd know to phone first.
henchwench82: I think most people give up being polite when there are multiple return trips. I get out of the problem entirely because I just don't answer the door for them, or for anyone who isn't invited. If it was anyone important, they'd know to phone first.
I'm not alone in that. I'll look through my window and see it's not a neighbor or friend and go back to the TV. If they look through my window or try to get my attention, I'll get up and close my curtains.
We have been having a lot of the security alarm installers coming door to door. The last one I didn't check who it was and answered it, thankfully he led off with are you the homeowner...no, no I'm not I answered, he apologized and left.
henchwench82: Do you not normally get religious peddlers where you are? I have a big statue of St Francis out in my front yard, but it has yet to thwart any Jehovah's Witnesses.
tinyE: I have this in my front yard. It tends to do the trick.
AHAHHAHAHAHAA

I can see it now. The remote location, the miniature donkeys, the Baphomet statue and you... The Jehovah's Witnesses sent to convert you would run back to their car after 5 minutes of being there.
henchwench82: Well, it's a cheap way to see the world, so maybe not THAT nuts. I think their churches fund the whole thing. Not saying that's their only intention, mind you. I'm sure they're also trying very hard to save your soul, provided your lawn ornamentation isn't overly intimidating ^_^
Soccorro: I think they are being pressured to "save" people the same way the doorstep brigade is pressured to sell stuff. So i don't think they get to see much in the countries they visit. One of them held the door when i were about to close it and tried to convince me of allowing him inside. then he tried to force his card into my apartment. It's hard to fight those guys off AND remain polite. How do you do that when they show up every 2 days!? I'd go nuts!
That is why you shouldn't be polite with people like that.
Post edited May 29, 2014 by monkeydelarge
henchwench82: I think most people give up being polite when there are multiple return trips. I get out of the problem entirely because I just don't answer the door for them, or for anyone who isn't invited. If it was anyone important, they'd know to phone first.
VABlitz: I'm not alone in that. I'll look through my window and see it's not a neighbor or friend and go back to the TV. If they look through my window or try to get my attention, I'll get up and close my curtains.
We have been having a lot of the security alarm installers coming door to door. The last one I didn't check who it was and answered it, thankfully he led off with are you the homeowner...no, no I'm not I answered, he apologized and left.
They are doing their jobs though. They know they are annnoying, but they have to do it.
Soccorro: OH MY GOD! Just had 2 AMERICAN Christians from the church of christ in front of my door. WTF! We're a mainly MUSLIM family!
Make some hash cookies have them on standby for them they turn up next and offer it to them and watch them eat and watch the fireworks afterwards..hahahaha
Soccorro: OH MY GOD! Just had 2 AMERICAN Christians from the church of christ in front of my door. WTF! We're a mainly MUSLIM family!
Niggles: Make some hash cookies have them on standby for them they turn up next and offer it to them and watch them eat and watch the fireworks afterwards..hahahaha
If that happens I want video! XD
It actually reminds me I'm supposed to do my taxes.
Just got trolled on a social network into riding 400 km (250 miles).
brb, ride
Niggles: Make some hash cookies have them on standby for them they turn up next and offer it to them and watch them eat and watch the fireworks afterwards..hahahaha
tinyE: If that happens I want video! XD
The cookies would be gone long before they arrive. and when they do, they will be greeted by a stoned as sh*t guy who just stares at them, then bursts out in laughter...
Well... on and off for the past few years I have gone through extended periods of coughing, like having a bad cough for 50%+ of the year. After just about every single kind of antibiotic etc the doctors decided to get me a chest Xray at the start of the year which showed hyper-inflated lungs and they finally decided I have asthma... since about the 5th of january I have been trying inhaler after inhaler, I quit smoking and i still cant get this cough under control. im really getting to the end of my tether with it.

What makes it worse is after the Xray I had at new year the doctor was nice enough to inform me that a chest Xray I had before this all started showed hyper-inflated lungs too... which in my mind then means they could have looked at that and guessed it was asthma and kickstarted the attempts to try to limit the effects over 2 years ago.

I know that there are millions of people out there with asthma and most likely there are some here too, if you were diagnosed "later" in life how long did it take for them to find the right combination for you? are you still having issues?

I know I am not alone and i am not looking for sympathy or anything like that, id just like to hear others experiences with asthma especially if it developed when you were an adult.
I got into a debate with a friend last night that ended thus: "I refuse to say what I actually mean or think on this subject, and whatever you think I mean or think based on what I actually did manage to say, you're wrong, unless I decide you're agreeing with me."

Has this ever happened to you? What the hell do you even say to that kind of thing? O_o Why was she even discussing it if she never had any intention of actually discussing it? I mean...wtf?? I'm still shaking my head.
henchwench82: I got into a debate with a friend last night that ended thus: "I refuse to say what I actually mean or think on this subject, and whatever you think I mean or think based on what I actually did manage to say, you're wrong, unless I decide you're agreeing with me."

Has this ever happened to you? What the hell do you even say to that kind of thing? O_o Why was she even discussing it if she never had any intention of actually discussing it? I mean...wtf?? I'm still shaking my head.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26999343.jpg
reaver894:
I know you're not looking for sympathy but you do have mine, and props for quitting the smokes, I know it's hard as hell. I do know after smoking it can take something like 9 months for your lung capacity to bounce back as much as it will without additional help. So there's a chance you could still see improvement completely apart from the asthma treatment side of things, with more time, and I'd guess maybe the inhalers and so on might work a little better when that happens (but yeah, I'm guessing here). Hoping someone else can be more helpful.
Post edited May 30, 2014 by henchwench82
reaver894:
henchwench82: I know you're not looking for sympathy but you do have mine, and props for quitting the smokes, I know it's hard as hell. I do know after smoking it can take something like 9 months for your lung capacity to bounce back as much as it will without additional help. So there's a chance you could still see improvement completely apart from the asthma treatment side of things, with more time, and I'd guess maybe the inhalers and so on might work a little better when that happens (but yeah, I'm guessing here). Hoping someone else can be more helpful.
cheers mate.

Yeah the quitting smoking was a bitch. But im not sure my replacement method is much healthier, I go through about 4 tins of altoid peppermint a week lol
henchwench82: I got into a debate with a friend last night that ended thus: "I refuse to say what I actually mean or think on this subject, and whatever you think I mean or think based on what I actually did manage to say, you're wrong, unless I decide you're agreeing with me."

I have been in a vaguely similar situation (or several such) minus the last bit with an ex, and it was actually my line every time. We were tuned in such different frequencies that I never had an option but to accept the negative opinion - sometimes out of hand, sometimes after she had repeatedly failed to understand my viewpoint. I don't think she ever really got me, with the result that I felt that having a serious conversation with her was impossible, and let me tell you, it's really difficult to try to have a conversation about conversation being impossible with someone with whom conversation is impossible.