It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: Would really like to find reliable free software to play Blu-ray disks on the laptop.

Another big "screw you" to DRM, that requires one to buy software that costs more than a hardware player costs.
jjsimp: I just rip it with DVDFab and then convert with Handbrake, or MakeMKV if I don't care about hard drive space. But yeah a software player should be free, we already paid the money for a bluray drive on the computer. The MIAA are turning a lot of their customers into bloody pirates.
That's it, really. I don't "need" another couple pieces of software on the machine, to do something it should already be able to do via a simple, free WMP plug-in. I don't need the extra steps, and I don't need to waste hard drive space when the content already exist on a perfectly acceptable and reliable storage medium. It should be nearly as quick and simple as popping the disk into a stand-alone player hooked up to a TV. Well, it IS, if I pony up $50 or more. And again, I can buy a hardware player for that much. With some "Smart" features.
so todays been really shit, plus jobless, and they sent me the wrong size in the order (n no they wont exchange either :(). FFS.
My anxiety has been getting significantly worse over the last couple of weeks. I'm having panic attacks almost everyday. I am afraid to do anything, and especially afraid to leave my house. Every time I go outside, even to take out the trash, I freak out so bad that I can't leave my room for the rest of the day (and usually the next day.)
I am too anxious to read a book for more than eleven seconds. So I have TV, the internet, and sleep to use up all of my time. This doesn't sound too bad, but lately, using the internet is making me more anxious. Even using these forums. Every time I write something, I worry that I will get a reply. Any time I open a thread, I worry that I will read something I don't like. I need to stop using the forums (among other websites) for a while, I think.
Lately I have been hallucinating, panicking, and feeling like I have a flu everyday. This is in addition to having an unresolvable mysterious headache literally everyday for 20 straight months.
If you have seen any of my posts in this thread before, you know it is extremely difficult to find a doctor. I have an appointment to see my old doctors, but they are three hours away, and it is not for another two months. (This is literally the best, closest, and fastest possible mental help where I live.)
It's all starting to really piss me off. Now I am worried that people that read this might get upset. So I think I'll just stop here.
In the off-chance that anyone is worried about me, please don't be. I'm a survivor and a fighter. Life is shitty, but I can endure like a motherfucker. I was a distance runner in Jr. High.

/end dramatic whiny teenage rant. Sorry about that. I guess that is what the thread is for. +1 to the OP for starting this.
Post edited January 14, 2014 by AdamR
NOOOOOOOOOOO this cant be
AdamR: /end dramatic whiny teenage rant. Sorry about that. I guess that is what the thread is for. +1 to the OP for starting this.
Hang in there, bro. *brofist* (fun fact, btw: in Poland we call brofists "żółwik" which literally translates to "little turtle")
AdamR: In the off-chance that anyone is worried about me, please don't be. I'm a survivor and a fighter. Life is shitty, but I can endure like a motherfucker. I was a distance runner in Jr. High.
Just curious: have you tried / considered taking up distance running again? Maybe the focus on something physical can trigger something that will help ease the difficulties.
AdamR: Now I am worried that people that read this might get upset. So I think I'll just stop here.
In the off-chance that anyone is worried about me, please don't be. I'm a survivor and a fighter. Life is shitty, but I can endure like a motherfucker. I was a distance runner in Jr. High.

/end dramatic whiny teenage rant. Sorry about that. I guess that is what the thread is for. +1 to the OP for starting this.
Don't worry and speak if you want, some people are here to listen, it can help ;-)
Here is a bitch meant to add a little levity; sadly it's true.

An hour or so ago someone called to ask when during the winter they could rent our summer cabin.

The gene pool is getting weaker everyday my friends. :P
tinyE: Here is a bitch meant to add a little levity; sadly it's true.

An hour or so ago someone called to ask when during the winter they could rent our summer cabin.

Maybe they're looking for a cold cabin, for snuggle-bunny time up in da nort' woods, eh.
tinyE: Here is a bitch meant to add a little levity; sadly it's true.

HereForTheBeer: Maybe they're looking for a cold cabin, for snuggle-bunny time up in da nort' woods, eh.
I considered that but up here "summer cabin" means the pipes aren't buried and thus no plumbing because the lines are frozen. Perhaps I was being too harsh; maybe where they're from "summer cabin" means it's decorated with flowers and humming birds and shit and has absolutely nothing to do with living conditions. I must sit and reflect on this...right after an hour or two of C&C. :D
HereForTheBeer: Maybe they're looking for a cold cabin, for snuggle-bunny time up in da nort' woods, eh.
tinyE: I considered that but up here "summer cabin" means the pipes aren't buried and thus no plumbing because the lines are frozen. Perhaps I was being too harsh; maybe where they're from "summer cabin" means it's decorated with flowers and humming birds and shit and has absolutely nothing to do with living conditions. I must sit and reflect on this...right after an hour or two of C&C. :D
There's a semi-hardcore niche market in there someplace, where your business can scratch the itch of those wishing to "rough it" but with a solid roof over their heads and the backup of a nice, warm main building to which they can retreat if they can't hack the cold. Myself, I'd calm them crazy bastards. But to each their own, especially if they're willing to pay you for the experience.
tinyE: I considered that but up here "summer cabin" means the pipes aren't buried and thus no plumbing because the lines are frozen. Perhaps I was being too harsh; maybe where they're from "summer cabin" means it's decorated with flowers and humming birds and shit and has absolutely nothing to do with living conditions. I must sit and reflect on this...right after an hour or two of C&C. :D
Which C&C?
HereForTheBeer: There's a semi-hardcore niche market in there someplace, where your business can scratch the itch of those wishing to "rough it" but with a solid roof over their heads and the backup of a nice, warm main building to which they can retreat if they can't hack the cold. Myself, I'd calm them crazy bastards. But to each their own, especially if they're willing to pay you for the experience.
There are people out there who enjoy using a bucket or a hole in the ground when it's bathroom time?
Post edited January 15, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: Which C&C?
HereForTheBeer: There's a semi-hardcore niche market in there someplace, where your business can scratch the itch of those wishing to "rough it" but with a solid roof over their heads and the backup of a nice, warm main building to which they can retreat if they can't hack the cold. Myself, I'd calm them crazy bastards. But to each their own, especially if they're willing to pay you for the experience.
monkeydelarge: There are people out there who enjoy using a bucket or a hole in the ground when it's bathroom time?
I have to turn it WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY down to get it to run but it's still fun as hell.
monkeydelarge: There are people out there who enjoy using a bucket or a hole in the ground when it's bathroom time?
We have ice fishermen and polar plunges up here so nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the things people will do in the cold and snow.
Please tell me that bad guys don't always win. Not even the ones dressed as good guys.