It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goatbrush: Then, a few minutes ago I found a competition running in the UK in which they ask for a 10k word manuscript, brief synopsis and biography of an unpublished author, with a guaranteed publishing deal and £50,000 as a prize. I'm not saying I'd win it but it's an amazing opportunity and I think even entering would further my ambition. The catch? the competition started in August and it ends in 8 hours.

FML.
Don't worry, competitions like these... You might as well just try the lottery. Even if you're a fantastic writer, somebody else might get picked over you because he's got some real life drama that media love. Or writes more popular topics. Or whoever judges the quality was tired and just skimmed what you wrote. It's pointless to worry about it.
Fenixp: Don't worry, competitions like these... You might as well just try the lottery. Even if you're a fantastic writer, somebody else might get picked over you because he's got some real life drama that media love. Or writes more popular topics. Or whoever judges the quality was tired and just skimmed what you wrote. It's pointless to worry about it.
Hadn't really thought of that aspect. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

2014 I will at least begin writing a novel regardless so. I guess I was just looking for something to sum up my disappointment in not following through with my goals in 2013.
Fenixp: Don't worry, competitions like these... You might as well just try the lottery. Even if you're a fantastic writer, somebody else might get picked over you because he's got some real life drama that media love. Or writes more popular topics. Or whoever judges the quality was tired and just skimmed what you wrote. It's pointless to worry about it.
Goatbrush: Hadn't really thought of that aspect. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

2014 I will at least begin writing a novel regardless so. I guess I was just looking for something to sum up my disappointment in not following through with my goals in 2013.
I'd say try it! You might regret it if you don't. You have nothing to lose, so do it!
Soccorro: I'd say try it! You might regret it if you don't. You have nothing to lose, so do it!
I will! 2014 is the year. It's partially why I mention it in this thread. My posts will stand as a monument to my shame if I fail to carry it out.
so. . .my "bitch about life in general" post for the moment.
A couple weeks ago I found this terrific website. Loaded with all sorts of goodies from my days of youth. Games I'd played but hadn't finished, games I'd never played because I was poor; even games I WANTED to play but my bottom-rate computer wouldn't run (not that I wasn't thankful to at least have one).
So, in a late night, caffeine-fueled splurge, I bought back some of those games from days of yore. . .and have BARELY had the time to play any of them. I love you GOG, damn you so very much for pointing out how little free time remains in my day-to-day. LOL
Soccorro: I'd say try it! You might regret it if you don't. You have nothing to lose, so do it!
Goatbrush: I will! 2014 is the year. It's partially why I mention it in this thread. My posts will stand as a monument to my shame if I fail to carry it out.
And I will hate you if you don't do it! If you have a creative mind, that is one of the greatest gifts a human being can have. I envy you.
Goatbrush: I will! 2014 is the year. It's partially why I mention it in this thread. My posts will stand as a monument to my shame if I fail to carry it out.
Or, you know, don't carry it out. Just do whatever makes you happy and all will be good :-P
Post edited December 31, 2013 by Fenixp
Those bloody wine bottles with the old-fashioned corks are a convoluted infuriating mess. ....I did the next best thing and donated the darn thing to a beggar off the street. Those chaps have a penchant for such medieval devices of torture.
Post edited January 01, 2014 by Lionel212008
Rewatched a bit of "the spy who loved me". Richard Kiel was trying to crush Roger Moore, by smashing the van in which james bond had found refuge.

Burst of melancholy at the thought of the roles being swapped in the 2010's. Nowadays, james bond in played by a Richard Kiel who goes all king kong on the baddies. Beh. Times.
Telika: Rewatched a bit of "the spy who loved me". Richard Kiel was trying to crush Roger Moore, by smashing the van in which james bond had found refuge.

Burst of melancholy at the thought of the roles being swapped in the 2010's. Nowadays, james bond in played by a Richard Kiel who goes all king kong on the baddies. Beh. Times.
A Bond movie without Sean Connery or Roger Moore as James Bond is not a real Bond movie.
I really hate this Credit Card Fraud Prevention BS that my credit card does. Don't block my damn card until I decide it's fraud. Who in their right mind doesn't keep an eye on their credit card statements? I usually look at least once a week. I can kind of understand if it is looks like a spending spree, but four under $10 purchases from GOG and that gets flagged. Silly and annoying.
Post edited January 02, 2014 by jjsimp
Great . :(

I started the new year with a cold .
jjsimp: I really hate this Credit Card Fraud Prevention BS that my credit card does. Don't block my damn card until I decide it's fraud. Who in their right mind doesn't keep an eye on their credit card statements? I usually look at least once a week. I can kind of understand if it is looks like a spending spree, but four under $10 purchases from GOG and that gets flagged. Silly and annoying.
Now that I think some more about it, I agree that it's silly and annoying. I can understand if suddenly $500 was spent but four under $10 purchases? Who would steal less than $40 from a credit card? LOL
Post edited January 02, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Why are there such things as "Atheist Churches"? That may be the most abominable thing I've ever heard of. Atheism is the belief of, well, not having a belief. While, at churches, you practice your beliefs. I blame hipsters. I'm Atheist and I frown upon this.
More snow and freezing temps, yay! Got about 4-5 inches of snow overnight and the high today will be 19F/-7C.

This might sound bad, but I called out from work even though I live just a couple blocks from my office. It has been so slow this week, it just was not worth the hassle.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by CrowTRobo