It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reever: Hey man, I wish you and your family all the best, and especially luck! You can pull through, just don't give up :)
Thank you.
I'm pissed off.

Today is my father's birthday and my brother told me we'd go brunching. I told my brother to call me on the evening before to tell me at what time we would go. I did not get a call yesterday night so I tried calling him twice but could not reach him.

This morning I did not eat as brunch means "breakfast/lunch". We had a moderate snow fall last night so I knew he had to deal with that first and heard him doing so (we're neighbor, he's my landlord). A few minutes past noon and soon after I heard his snowblower turn off he called me.

He explained to me that the brunch was off on account that my sister had decided to invite my father for lunch. Me I thought she was in on the brunch idea but apparently not.

I'm pissed because my brother did not tell me about it when he learned of it and because he called me so late today. He said he was afraid to wake me up. I thought we were going brunching so why would I be in bed till noon?

I do not want to vent to my brother because he and his wife have been very helpful with helping me deal with some psychological problems I'm experiencing. That's another thing, I have medications that I need to take in the middle of breakfast which I was planning to take in the middle of brunch, I haven't taken it yet and maybe it's affecting my emotion for the worst right now. I'm also experiencing a spike in my anxiety level because I have to replan my day.

Anyway, thanks for having this venting thread, my microwave just beeped so my frozen lunch is ready.
justanoldgamer: I'm pissed off.

Today is my father's birthday and my brother told me we'd go brunching. I told my brother to call me on the evening before to tell me at what time we would go. I did not get a call yesterday night so I tried calling him twice but could not reach him.

This morning I did not eat as brunch means "breakfast/lunch". We had a moderate snow fall last night so I knew he had to deal with that first and heard him doing so (we're neighbor, he's my landlord). A few minutes past noon and soon after I heard his snowblower turn off he called me.

He explained to me that the brunch was off on account that my sister had decided to invite my father for lunch. Me I thought she was in on the brunch idea but apparently not.

I'm pissed because my brother did not tell me about it when he learned of it and because he called me so late today. He said he was afraid to wake me up. I thought we were going brunching so why would I be in bed till noon?

I do not want to vent to my brother because he and his wife have been very helpful with helping me deal with some psychological problems I'm experiencing. That's another thing, I have medications that I need to take in the middle of breakfast which I was planning to take in the middle of brunch, I haven't taken it yet and maybe it's affecting my emotion for the worst right now. I'm also experiencing a spike in my anxiety level because I have to replan my day.

Anyway, thanks for having this venting thread, my microwave just beeped so my frozen lunch is ready.
Man that sucks. Is there any chance you can visit your father post busted lunch event?
Trajhenkhetlive: Man that sucks. Is there any chance you can visit your father post busted lunch event?
My brother is coach for a woman soccer team and they were suppose to play tonight, my father goes to every games so after thinking about it I called my brother and ask if I could go. He's always trying to get me to go so he said sure. I figured this would make my brother happy, my niece happy (she is a player), and my father who's worried that I spend almost all my time home. Minutes later my brother called me that he just received an email that all the league's matches had been canceled because of the snow fall we had. They play inside during winter but they might be afraid that some players can't make it. My niece had been playing since she was a kid and it's the first time there a league wide cancellation.

So my 2nd plan is busted (1st was the brunch), I figured I'd go spend the afternoon at my sister where my father is suppose to be so I called her. I got my other niece who told me they were gone to some tea thing, she did not seem sure what it was. I asked to have my sister call me back when they return. So 3rd plan maybe busted.

My brother's birthday is tomorrow and I'm invited for supper, my father is suppose to be there also so I'll see him then but I don't want him to think I forgot him so I'd like to speak to him today. He has a cell but I don't want to call him on it in case they are in a location that a cell call is a disruption (that tea thing might be a restaurant).

In any case I've calmed down a bit. I'm still anxious but a manageable level instead of a stomach cramp and nauseous level.
Procrastination. The silent killer of life.
nijuu: Procrastination. The silent killer of life.
Finals?
nijuu: Procrastination. The silent killer of life.
Soccorro: Finals?
No.Its a life long bad habit. Job hunting & seriously feeling like not doing it for a few weeks lol
Soccorro: Finals?
nijuu: No.Its a life long bad habit. Job hunting & seriously feeling like not doing it for a few weeks lol
lol, I'm doing it like crazy and can't find anything. especially now, around christmas.
nijuu: No.Its a life long bad habit. Job hunting & seriously feeling like not doing it for a few weeks lol
Soccorro: lol, I'm doing it like crazy and can't find anything. especially now, around christmas.
Its been a fair few months my end and its been a real problem here lately. Yeah Nov onwards til Jan end if pretty dead for jobs :/.
Soccorro: lol, I'm doing it like crazy and can't find anything. especially now, around christmas.
nijuu: Its been a fair few months my end and its been a real problem here lately. Yeah Nov onwards til Jan end if pretty dead for jobs :/.
a few months? I have been accepted for an internship after 1,5 years. which is done now. gotta wait for university to finally accept me. the competition is rough and unforgiving.
nijuu: Its been a fair few months my end and its been a real problem here lately. Yeah Nov onwards til Jan end if pretty dead for jobs :/.
Soccorro: a few months? I have been accepted for an internship after 1,5 years. which is done now. gotta wait for university to finally accept me. the competition is rough and unforgiving.
haha good luck with that.
Uni grads usually start to flood the job market here around feb/mar/april after they grad. what a pain ;)
Soccorro: a few months? I have been accepted for an internship after 1,5 years. which is done now. gotta wait for university to finally accept me. the competition is rough and unforgiving.
nijuu: haha good luck with that.
Uni grads usually start to flood the job market here around feb/mar/april after they grad. what a pain ;)
So you're a graduate?
nijuu: haha good luck with that.
Soccorro: So you're a graduate?
Nope. Been in workforce for years. Just lean pickings for months
Soccorro: So you're a graduate?
nijuu: Nope. Been in workforce for years. Just lean pickings for months
im thinking about giving up that uni thing. They are just wasting my time to tell me that i have to try again next year.
nijuu: Nope. Been in workforce for years. Just lean pickings for months
Soccorro: im thinking about giving up that uni thing. They are just wasting my time to tell me that i have to try again next year.
Grads go through same thing everywhere. Just be patient. Might be good idea see if u can find part time or casual work anyway. Experience is valuable