It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Review is too long. Please, make it shorter :)"

Fuck you. I've already removed half of it, and if I had to make it any shorter, it would no longer be a review.
Thank you, air passenger industry (and certain associated regulations), for reminding me yesterday why I quit a job in order to stop flying all the time. It's to the point that I'd rather spend 16 hours driving a thousand miles than spend five hours with airports and planes and rental cars.
Fucking wankers who keep whinging about DLC. Stop spewing your crap.
My family sucks.

I'm going to disown all of them, soon.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by monkeydelarge
Look at my "rep". Now look at yours. See the difference? Congratulations to you.

Anyway, seriously, life can be unfair sometimes. It sucks. Doing good just isn't enough. How depressing. However, there's always, "...the future. It's comin' on. It's comin' on. It's comin' on." (Gorillaz; Clint Eastwood)
Post edited December 10, 2013 by theorangekid
You must have said stuff people didnt like
nijuu: You must have said stuff people didnt like
Yeah, maybe so. Most probably. Offensive? I doubt it. I take it that's just how things are here. You give a decent reply, even if it's a positive opinion, you still rated negatively sometimes. Just stating the obvious, I guess. It's pretty easy to click the red negative button for some people, I suppose.

That's that, then. You can't really please everybody. Anyway, no one is here is superior among us just because of the ratings. The same for those who think they are inferior. It's just a forum that's fun to be in.
HereForTheBeer: Thank you, air passenger industry (and certain associated regulations), for reminding me yesterday why I quit a job in order to stop flying all the time. It's to the point that I'd rather spend 16 hours driving a thousand miles than spend five hours with airports and planes and rental cars.
It's getting better for frequent flyers. We have the TSA Pre lanes now which speeds us through checkout. The airplanes once in I get the better seats and sometimes get upgraded to First Class. I can use my tablet and ereader during takeoff and landing. I would have a much better time if my company stuck with one airline instead of going with the cheapest fare...being Silver on three different airlines sucks.

Also, would be nice if parents would leave their demon spawns behind when they travel, but I guess that's what the Noise Canceling headphones are for.

Also, would be nice if Airlines were forced to give people the proper amount of room. Everyone gets two armrests with ample legroom. I'm short and when I complain about legroom there is a problem. My legs should not be resting against the back of anyone's seat. I don't know how people over 6 foot fly anything but first class and exit row.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by jjsimp
monkeydelarge: I wish people stopped saying "believe it or not". It's something Americans say often but should stop saying.
jjsimp: When I here "Believe it or not" I think of this.
LOL that is one of my favorite scenes from Seinfeld. I was thinking about having that song play every time I don't pick up the phone to troll people I don't want to talk to. To me, that song is the perfect troll song.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by monkeydelarge
HereForTheBeer: Thank you, air passenger industry (and certain associated regulations), for reminding me yesterday why I quit a job in order to stop flying all the time. It's to the point that I'd rather spend 16 hours driving a thousand miles than spend five hours with airports and planes and rental cars.
jjsimp: It's getting better for frequent flyers. We have the TSA Pre lanes now which speeds us through checkout. The airplanes once in I get the better seats and sometimes get upgraded to First Class. I can use my tablet and ereader during takeoff and landing. I would have a much better time if my company stuck with one airline instead of going with the cheapest fare...being Silver on three different airlines sucks.

Also, would be nice if parents would leave their demon spawns behind when they travel, but I guess that's what the Noise Canceling headphones are for.

Also, would be nice if Airlines were forced to give people the proper amount of room. Everyone gets two armrests with ample legroom. I'm short and when I complain about legroom there is a problem. My legs should not be resting against the back of anyone's seat. I don't know how people over 6 foot fly anything but first class and exit row.
Yeah, I used to be in that frequent flyer upgrade group. Was funny, getting bumped to first and sitting in my dusty, stinky work clothes next to the suits. And I started out flying in the days when you got checked bags free.

My bitches Sunday were twofold:

We got to the airport in El Paso and were greeted with a very long line for check-in. Stood there for 20 minutes, wondering why it wasn't moving, before another flyer walked back and mentioned this was the line for those trying to rebook their cancelled Dallas flight. Note that there wasn't a second line at that point for those flying elsewhere, and no one from the airline had tried to organize a second line for those who still had a flight to catch. 30 seconds of customer service would have fixed that one.

Second, our flight from O'hare was delayed an hour. No biggie. Would have been nice if someone had announced the gate change but we figured that out ourselves after I got up to evacuate my sinuses and noticed our flight was no longer listed at the counter. Delays happen, most certainly when there's weather problems.

But that's not the gripe. The gripe was that the small plane landed, the passengers debarked, they started boarding us within another five minutes, and it took less than ten minutes to get us settled in. So maybe 20 minutes total. And then we sat for just short of two hours to be deiced in the slow and lazy Chicago snowfall. Not that the plane needed deicing at the time that we could have left. It DID need it after we sat there for almost two hours waiting for the deicing we didn't initially need. Safety is all well and good, but common sense should come into play.

Oh, out of five flights this vacation, three had unannounced gate changes. Is it that difficult to tell the people in the waiting area that they need to go somewhere else to catch the flight?

Just especially grumbly (and whiny, I admit) about it since my sinuses were fighting me to begin with, and then the flights and delays amped it up to crappy levels of irritation.
My electric water jug just went up in smoke. Will have to use the stove to make coffee until I get a new one. Rats.
HereForTheBeer: Oh, out of five flights this vacation, three had unannounced gate changes. Is it that difficult to tell the people in the waiting area that they need to go somewhere else to catch the flight?
Next time before you go, checkout the FlightStats app for your smartphone. I usually find it has my gate change listed before they announce it or the TV monitors are updated. I also, check the app while waiting to get off my first flight to check on my second flight and see the gate it changed to.

I guess you were headed to Chicago. After November I avoid, the Chicago, Detroit, NYC, and any Northern hubs and don't usually fly them again until the end of April. My company will usually let me avoid those areas during the winter.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by jjsimp
jjsimp: I guess you were headed to Chicago. After November I avoid, the Chicago, Detroit, NYC, and any Northern hubs and don't usually fly them again until the end of April. My company will usually let me avoid those areas during the winter.
Not an option. Our little airport connects through either ORD or MSP. Either way, winter weather can have its way with us. As we were sitting on the plane, waiting, I told the wife that if we had flown out of ORD we could have made the four-hour drive home already.

Ah well. We fly but once a year at the most so it isn't the end of the world. Might give AmTrak a shot next trip.
jjsimp:
HereForTheBeer: Ah well. We fly but once a year at the most so it isn't the end of the world. Might give AmTrak a shot next trip.
A train can be more expensive than flying, and have you ever seen the people that ride trains these days? You are paying twice the money to sit with people who have half the teeth.
HereForTheBeer: Ah well. We fly but once a year at the most so it isn't the end of the world. Might give AmTrak a shot next trip.
tinyE: A train can be more expensive than flying, and have you ever seen the people that ride trains these days? You are paying twice the money to sit with people who have half the teeth.
And in the US, twice to three times the duration. Really wish that would be a viable alternative, but with the slow tracks we have in the States it just is not.