It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Narakir: Too many games, too much work, not enough time for both.
Open up a B&B.
tinyE: Open up a B&B.
You know I have thought about it, but the thought of cleaning up after other people really turns me off of that idea. I hate cleaning up after myself, let alone someone I don't even know. Not to mention having to deal with some of the assholes that you have had to deal with.
Narakir: Too many games, too much work, not enough time for both.
Seems to be something going around. For years.
I went to the vet, so my cat received his annual immunisation.

I also told the doctor about my cat's bad breath and she said "Good that you mention it, I wanted to talk with you about it."
Turns out, my little guy has an infect of his teethridge and he must have it since I got him from the pound last february. I am mad at myself for not realising this myself way sooner. There WERE signs, but I thought he just didn't like dried food and that the bad breath came from only eating canned food. How could I be so ignorant and stupid?
And dissappointed by the pound. Apparantly, the infect is genetic and the guys and gals at the pound must have known this. This explains why no employee ever came to check on my cat, after I got him. (All I got was a Thank You-Letter for adopting an animal.)

Startinmg next week, my cat gets medication. Bad scenario is, pulling some of his teeth out. Worst case scenario would be euthanisation, because the infection spread from his mouth to the bowel, resulting in pain and other problems.
But... I'm not to worried. I'm a bit superstitious. It's raining today, and whenever I had important stuff to do and it rained good things were the result. *needs to think positive*
tinyE: Open up a B&B.
jjsimp: You know I have thought about it, but the thought of cleaning up after other people really turns me off of that idea. I hate cleaning up after myself, let alone someone I don't even know. Not to mention having to deal with some of the assholes that you have had to deal with.
That's not so bad as the typical B&B guest are very clean; they come for the inn itself not just for a place to sleep and thus they treat their surroundings accordingly. As for the assholes they are roughly 1 in every 100. When I had a real job in an actual city the assholes were roughly 8 in every 10. Trust me, I'm much better off now.

What sucks is right after I made that last post I had to go repair a 2nd floor window screen on a roof that was covered in ice. NOW THAT SUCKED!
Externica: I went to the vet, so my cat received his annual immunisation.
[...]
A similar thing happened to us when we got a third cat. We even went back to the pound a month after we got her because of the bad breath to have her checked out again by their vet. All he did was to tell us that she will get better after a while. Didn't happen...
We finally went to our usual vet and he had to take away all of her teeth and cut like two really big chunks of infected flesh right out of her jaw. The good thing is that the cat has fully recovered over the course of a few weeks and she lives a normal cat's live now. You don't even notice that she hasn't got any teeth.

So better look up and go through with all your vet recommends. Best luck to you both!
im freazing... great time for the heating to mess up :(
chezybezy: im freazing... great time for the heating to mess up :(
Do you have any vodka in the house?
How about a fireplace? Those work.
Front derailleur cable is torn to shreds. It's literally hanging on by one wire thread.

Guess it's as good a time as any to learn to replace those. How hard can it be?
Meh .
ne_zavarj: Meh .
This word, pretty much sums up life in general.
chezybezy: im freazing... great time for the heating to mess up :(
monkeydelarge: Do you have any vodka in the house?
nope :( - good idea though
Is the recession still around?
nijuu: Is the recession still around?
Haha - depends who you ask. Sounds like most of my customers were much busier the last nine months or so. Unfortunately, a lot of that came from attrition: they were able to weather the storm and have picked up customers from the shops that closed their doors. However, several that saw a semi-boom are now saying things are slower again. In the big picture, the recovery is weak enough in many areas / sectors that one would be justified thinking we're still in a mild recession.

----

In other news, I am friggin' wiped out. Just damn dead-tired. Stripped a machine for salvage parts, swung by another customer on the way home for more parts I bought a couple months back. Drove home yesterday with a Uhaul (big rental truck) full of parts yesterday, and unloaded a few tons of it by hand today. Couple that with the crappy sleep I've been getting since, well, forever and I'm just plain tired. Gonna go with the cure of margarita and nighttime allergy meds to finally get something that resembles eight hours of zonk time. Maybe sneak the dogs up on the bed, despite the wife's protests. Nothing like tequila, whatever-it-is-they-put-in-allergy-meds, and a coupla warm dogs to make for a good night's sleep.