It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: -GPS doesn't work up here.
grimwerk: GPS as in three satellites send info to a device on the surface? How does it fail? Is your B&B a U.S. Military installation?

edit: I ain't tellin' you off none. I'm genuinely curious.
I think the problem is it's plotted wrong. The streets show up but they aren't labeled correctly. If you type in our latitude and longitude the GPS works great, our address not so much. Near as I can tell they got sloppy with this area because they figured no one lives up here so it really wasn't a big deal. I can't hold that against the programmers because almost no one does live up here. :P The thing is, we only have two paved roads and they form a circle so as long as you stay on pavement you will get to us. That still proves to be too much for some people.
tinyE: I think the problem is it's plotted wrong. The streets show up but they aren't labeled correctly. If you type in our latitude and longitude the GPS works great, our address not so much. Near as I can tell they got sloppy with this area because they figured no one lives up here so it really wasn't a big deal. I can't hold that against the programmers because almost no one does live up here. :P The thing is, we only have two paved roads and they form a circle so as long as you stay on pavement you will get to us. That still proves to be too much for some people.
That's a reasonable explanation, thanks!

If GPS directs any of your guests to drive into Lake Superior, please post photos.
tinyE: I think the problem is it's plotted wrong. The streets show up but they aren't labeled correctly. If you type in our latitude and longitude the GPS works great, our address not so much. Near as I can tell they got sloppy with this area because they figured no one lives up here so it really wasn't a big deal. I can't hold that against the programmers because almost no one does live up here. :P The thing is, we only have two paved roads and they form a circle so as long as you stay on pavement you will get to us. That still proves to be too much for some people.
grimwerk: That's a reasonable explanation, thanks!

If GPS directs any of your guests to drive into Lake Superior, please post photos.
Okay.
Attachments:
oops.jpg (32 Kb)
grimwerk: That's a reasonable explanation, thanks!

tinyE: Okay.
It seems those people wont need GPS to help them drive into a lake.
monkeydelarge: You are from Denmark so challenge her new boyfriend, the Viking way. A battle to the death. Then when you are in the fighting circle, stash at his private parts with an Ulfberht sword so if you don't win, nobody wins...
Yes, that could work - :-)
A customer has been asking me, once a year for the last four years, for a quote to come do a check-out on four machines. Every year I send the same estimate (I don't quote service - someone always gets screwed), same price, and just change the date.

Customer contacted the OEM a couple months back for a problem on one of those machines, an the OEM sent me over to have a look. Figured it out and they asked me about a visit to <drumroll> check out those four machines. I reminded them that I've sent the same estimate four times to the same guy. "Well, we're actually going to do it this time. Send it to me instead." So I dug up and forwarded the last email.

They got back with me last week. Included was their contractor requirements. Holy crap, these things are ridiculous. Gotta provide five different kinds of insurance - including a specific AM Best rating for each policy - including $1,000,000 on the car forshit'ssake just to park in the same lot the employees use, release the company from any liability even if an injury to me is completely their fault, and provide company records of my safety training program including the schedule of employee safety meetings.

Shit, I'm one guy. I don't hold safety meetings with myself nor have an employee safety manual. I don't have $1,000,000 of coverage on my parked car - I bet the owner of the company doesn't, either, nor any of their employees. I don't have workers' comp because I'm self-employed. More crap like this is stuffed all over this "agreement".

Gonna email her back and explain that they'll have to go through the OEM to get me over there. Initial pricing shows I'll pay almost as much in premiums for temporary coverage for their inflated requirements as I would get from doing the work in the first place. I do have biz liability and car coverage now - at lower levels than they want - but they're asking for $5 million in total coverage to work on used machines for a week. Not going to happen.
HereForTheBeer: A customer has been asking me, once a year for the last four years, for a quote to come do a check-out on four machines. Every year I send the same estimate (I don't quote service - someone always gets screwed), same price, and just change the date.

Customer contacted the OEM a couple months back for a problem on one of those machines, an the OEM sent me over to have a look. Figured it out and they asked me about a visit to <drumroll> check out those four machines. I reminded them that I've sent the same estimate four times to the same guy. "Well, we're actually going to do it this time. Send it to me instead." So I dug up and forwarded the last email.

They got back with me last week. Included was their contractor requirements. Holy crap, these things are ridiculous. Gotta provide five different kinds of insurance - including a specific AM Best rating for each policy - including $1,000,000 on the car forshit'ssake just to park in the same lot the employees use, release the company from any liability even if an injury to me is completely their fault, and provide company records of my safety training program including the schedule of employee safety meetings.

Shit, I'm one guy. I don't hold safety meetings with myself nor have an employee safety manual. I don't have $1,000,000 of coverage on my parked car - I bet the owner of the company doesn't, either, nor any of their employees. I don't have workers' comp because I'm self-employed. More crap like this is stuffed all over this "agreement".

Gonna email her back and explain that they'll have to go through the OEM to get me over there. Initial pricing shows I'll pay almost as much in premiums for temporary coverage for their inflated requirements as I would get from doing the work in the first place. I do have biz liability and car coverage now - at lower levels than they want - but they're asking for $5 million in total coverage to work on used machines for a week. Not going to happen.
Wow - I see you're from the US of A. It's pretty indicitive of what's happening here regarding over-the-top insurance liabilities for small businesses. We're just a few years behind you but we are your puppets, so much so that daytime TV and radio are full* of insurance ads for anything and everything.

*along with gambling ads

---------------------

My moan: I live in a village in SE England with a population of 3,000 and we're under 10 minutes drive from a town with a population of 25,000.

My point is that whilst it's relatively rural, I don't live in complete seclusion.

Therefore, why is my broadband download speed (available through all providers) measure in at 1.6MBps! Does anyone have a slower connection? When comparing all sites advised the speed range is between 1mb and 3.5mb.

<bitch over>
pigdog: Wow - I see you're from the US of A. It's pretty indicitive of what's happening here regarding over-the-top insurance liabilities for small businesses.
I've had a few companies wanting a document listing them as payees on my policy, and that's not a big deal - standard cover-your-ass stuff. Maybe 5% have asked for this.

Not sure how this will pan out. I don't like turning down work but it also makes little sense to spend a week or more at a place and be lucky to break even. I "get it", but those are some really tough requirements for a little guy like me to meet.
//start rant//

what kind of f*cking idiot assigns me to handle the inbox all of tomorrow on my own when i haven't got a f*cking clue!
then says well youll be fine just log them,,,, how many times do i have to say its the logging i have problems with, not the resolving of them!
i foresee a yelling at followed, by a comment like serious disappointment in you, then a sacking coming my way this week.

//end rant//
Jasper almost banned me from YouTube, just because I recorded the new endings from Director's Cut. I kinda understand that he doesn't want to ruin the surprise for new players, then I make the videos private(only available to me), after he sent me a message.
He accuses me of lying and asks YouTube to remove the video. Son of a ****.

I was not forcing anyone to watch the video, and in the title of the video is this word: ENDING, so it's obvious there'll be spoilers!

If he's afraid that people will not be interested in the game anymore (money is all that matters, in the end), might as well ban the guys that make reviews talking bad about it.

Jesus.
almabrds: (money is all that matters, in the end)
Do you honestly think that someone who believes "money is all that matters" becomes an indie game developer?

If I made the effort to create a story with multiple endings to explore, and someone else published all the endings out of context, I'd be irked.
grimwerk: If I made the effort to create a story with multiple endings to explore, and someone else published all the endings out of context, I'd be irked.
People post endings of games/movies ALL THE TIME. Just one example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXlUN4KcsY
Most devs don't mind with this type of thing.
Luck isn't always on our side. :/
almabrds: Most devs don't mind with this type of thing.
Quick question, are you talking about Lone Survivor Director's Cut, or another game?
Because while I don't see anything wrong with posting the endings of a released game, I'm under the impression that the DC won't be out for another week.

And if you are talking about Lone Survivor, where did you find the Director's Cut? Why hasn't my copy upgraded yet?
almabrds: Most devs don't mind with this type of thing.
JMich: Quick question, are you talking about Lone Survivor Director's Cut, or another game?
Because while I don't see anything wrong with posting the endings of a released game, I'm under the impression that the DC won't be out for another week.

And if you are talking about Lone Survivor, where did you find the Director's Cut? Why hasn't my copy upgraded yet?
I bought in PS Store.
almabrds: I bought in PS Store.
Ah, ok, ignore my post then. Game was out already, so spoilers will (obviously) be posted.

That's what I get for not caring about consoles.