It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AlKim: Okay, it wasn't the mouse drivers then. I'm definitely looking at a hardware failure here, although whether it's the motherboard or the hard drive remains unclear. Is there even any way to deduce this apart from swapping parts until magic occurs?
HereForTheBeer: Dunno, but if you're leaning toward those two as the culprit, I'd try the hard drive first:

- cheaper and easier
- if that ain't it, well, you'll have a shiny new hard drive to throw into your rig for more storage

Possible to install the hard drive as a D: in another machine and run some tests on it?
I ran SeaTools and ran some checks. Results suggest that it is indeed the HDD. They've got some repair software that I'm going to try out, so you'll know how that turned out if you don't hear from me in a day.
PARENTS: THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. KNOW YOUR KIDS, LOCK YOUR GUNS, PUT THINGS OUT OF THE REACH OF YOUR CROTCHDUMPLINGS' PAWS.

*grumble grumble*

THERE ARE NO GUNS, HAMMERS, OR KNIVES IN MINECRAFT. ANYTHING BEYOND VANILLA IS YOUR LIABILITY.
Just blew about 75 euros on books. Two of them.

Yeah, see me scrounge that much back by selling games I no longer want.
Why, just why?
My other Hdd Packed it in I'm in the Process of re-downloading my games on a shitty internet connection where Download speeds are under 80 kbp/s holy fuck it is taking ages!
Post edited September 30, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
I'm sorry to admit it but I maybe an introvert and I just need my time alone. I need it as "normal" people need sleep or air to breathe. I know this i pathetic but that's the way I seem to function. I didn't choose this personality trait, it's just how I ended up feeling.

And then there is her not caring enough to understand my problems or just not getting how crucial the need for "alone time" is for me. It seems to be a completely alien concept to her. I'm out of energy. I'm drained. I don't function anymore. Yet she persists. She is there. All the time. She is always there. I'm out of excuses for her to leave the house.

Of course I can't seem to heed any advices because somehow I learned that doing something I really like equals me being an asshole and of course the whole world won't stop punishing me for even thinking about being selfish once.

Yeah this all does not make any kind of sense. I know. It's just how I am.
Post edited September 30, 2013 by itti
itti: I know this i pathetic but that's the way I seem to function.
Not pathetic at all! I understand the situation and how delicate it can be. People tend to take 'please go away for a while' the wrong way.
Post edited September 30, 2013 by Goatbrush
I fucking hate karaoke! Those machines should be banned. My neighbors are at it again with the terrible singing. For fuck's sake, no one's stopping them from singing badly, but they don't have to make the whole neighborhood listen to their noise.
itti: I'm sorry to admit it but I maybe an introvert and I just need my time alone. I need it as "normal" people need sleep or air to breathe. I know this i pathetic but that's the way I seem to function. I didn't choose this personality trait, it's just how I ended up feeling.
Yeah, I'm the say way, and yes the "normals" don't understand that about us. I found driving a car down an empty country road worked great for alone time, when the house was a nightmare situation. Also, a movie theater ticket to a an awful movie that is just about out of theaters works great as well. The people that are there watching the movie I can't see. The only problem is sitting through an awful movie like World War Z with out falling asleep.
arr0whead: I fucking hate karaoke! Those machines should be banned. My neighbors are at it again with the terrible singing. For fuck's sake, no one's stopping them from singing badly, but they don't have to make the whole neighborhood listen to their noise.
If your a metal fan, there is always blasting some death metal at high volumes to cancel them out. You might get some strange looks from people thinking you are a devil worshipper, but it keeps people away and you don't have to hear that godawful karaoke. So, two positives.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by jjsimp
Tried to buy the new bundle from bundlestars. All seemed normal, paid with paypal (paypal using my electron) like I've done with all the previous bundles.

But this time it didn't give me games. Hooray for that. Even more fun is the fact that the transaction doesn't show in my Paypal account. I did get e receipt from Paypal telling me that the payment is sent, receipt from Bundlestars telling the order is complete, the cash has been reserved from my bank account, but...

What gives? Who's holding up?
Never imagined this could happen with me.

My father's second wife (currently ex wife) performed a big fraud, lots of people were deceived. Recently she was put under arrest. How do I know that?

Simply because I start asking questions soon after two thugs from Chechnya Republic knocked on my door, threatened my life and gave me two days only.

F@ck this!!! I have nothing to do with this, why???
Cadaver747: *snip*
Suddenly whining about having bought a new HDD and hoping to fuck that it solves the computer problems I've been having seems very pointless.
My brand new inner tube blew up, and most of the local bike shops had shit for selection. Of course it must've been bad luck, but my trust in the manufacturer has diminished greatly for the time being. That Christ for the one shop that had the mind to stock several brands.
FFS :(
The day before yesterday, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I've been having an occasional sore stomach and random occurrences of fever (sometimes once every two weeks) since April. Some of you probably know how the disease is diagnosed: yes, by shoving a god-knows-how-long tube up your butt. Well, to be honest the procedure wasn't as bad as it sounds, it mostly made me feel really gassy (no shit, they pump air into the colon constantly while going deeper). But the day before was horrendous...that's when they require you to empty your colon, otherwise the procedure can't be done (you know, because of the shit getting in the way). The instructions said to drink a liter of the most putrid-tasting, awful gunk I've ever drank in the evening, and another liter about four hours before heading to the clinic. The first liter took me three hours to drink (the instructions said to drink it in 1-2 hours), and especially after about halfway through I really had to fight not to vomit the whole solution back. I then decided to abandon any thought of having at least somewhat good night sleep, because I was sure I wouldn't be able to down another liter in time if I woke up at four to drink it, so I decided to take a break for an hour before beginning the second liter. I guess the clock was ~9 pm at this point.

And then the solution began to work its magic. Good god. Our bathroom toilet has probably never been violated as bad as I have, during the ~50 years it has stood there. Okay, so I wash up, catch a breath, then head back to my computer. Only having to run as fast as I can back to the loo mere five minutes later. This went on for hours - naturally the thought of drinking more of that vile solution at the same time didn't appeal to me a whole lot. Finally, around midnight, it started to feel like I had shat most of the solution, and decided to at least try and get some sleep after this ordeal. I did get a good two hour sleep before the alarm going off, reminding me that it was time to start downing the second liter.

It felt a little bit easier this time. Maybe it was because it was a bit cooler, or maybe it had broken my will. I don't know. But in any case, it wasn't long until the water started flowing again.

Like I said, the actual procedure with the tube wasn't as bad or painful as I had thought. They had fed me Diapam before, and I think that played a huge part making the operation more tolerable. It was actually kinda cool watching my own insides via the screen while they went deeper. It looked almost like an alien corridor, especially in my hazy state of mind.

But I guess the shittiest part comes next. I just got back from the pharmacy - the doc had subscribed me medicine I probably have to take for the rest of my life. And what did the medicine cost? Oh, just 75% of the salary I got from my work last month. And apparently I can't get any reimbursements until I've had to take the medicine for at least six months (they gave me 200 pills now: three pills a day). So to recap: not only do I have to take daily medicine probably for the rest of my life, it's gonna take a huge chunk of my monthly earnings, without even actually curing the sickness because currently, there is no cure, just remedies.

On the other hand, the whole situation feels unfair and complete bullshit. But then again, I'm happy that after six months, they finally know what was wrong with me all this time. Especially the constant fevers had at least five doctors puzzled, not to mention myself. But that said, I think without the great support I get from my family and my girlfriend, I bet I'd be really depressed right now and probably ready to throw myself under a bus. But since I'm not alone, the situation just makes me feel...a little empty. Like, whatever. I know there are hundreds of millions out there much worse off than me. I'm definitely not happy, but I guess life goes on relatively normally. Just wanted to share my thoughts because I've noticed that putting my thoughts in text format helps me deal with the thoughts much better. And perhaps there are others here that have been, or will be in the same situation.