It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

chezybezy: awh true, but dont rain on my parade is so VERY rare that i get a day like to day its painfully sad!
you can monsoon tomorrow in recompense?
tinyE: I meant no harm sir. :D I will go ahead and give you the whole week if you'd like.
and defo non taken or meant towards you!
oh god i wouldn't know what to do with a full week, you monsoon and thunderstorm all you like tomorrow! :D
Post edited September 21, 2013 by chezybezy
tinyE: The day ain't over yet. :D
monkeydelarge: 239 stars...good for you.
+11 more and I'll be back to where I was when I made fun of Roger Ebert. Then I can start all over again. :D
AlKim: Hardware failure imminent. No idea what it is yet, but I suspect that the motherboard is going.
timppu: You again? Didn't you tell several weeks ago you had a few motherboards dying on you, one by one? Ah yes, this one:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post4702

You know you are not supposed to take your PC to sauna, right? :)
Yeah, I have no idea why shit keeps breaking down on me. It's a very covert kind of breakdown, with the computer chugging and freezing maybe once a week, so no clue as to what's actually going on.
AlKim: Yeah, I have no idea why shit keeps breaking down on me. It's a very covert kind of breakdown, with the computer chugging and freezing maybe once a week, so no clue as to what's actually going on.
Hopefully you still have warranty?
AlKim: Yeah, I have no idea why shit keeps breaking down on me. It's a very covert kind of breakdown, with the computer chugging and freezing maybe once a week, so no clue as to what's actually going on.
timppu: Hopefully you still have warranty?
That ended a few months ago. Funny the way time flies: I can't believe that the bin is over three years old already.
ne-vuh-mi-und
Post edited September 22, 2013 by AdamR
timppu: So it seems the newly installed 32GB microSD card will be highly underutilized on the tablet, unless I start downloading lots of pirate movies or something onto it. But I really needed it for my Humble Android games!
Yeah, its annoying. Some apps that I've installed on my phone have the option to move to the SD card, but they only move some files and depending on the app, it could mean a large part of data moved to the card or only a small part. Yet some apps don't even support it. A SD card for Android is only really useful for storing photos, music and movies.

I guess it is better than not having support for SD card at all, but if you are going to support it, allow an option to run programs from it.
timppu: So it seems the newly installed 32GB microSD card will be highly underutilized on the tablet, unless I start downloading lots of pirate movies or something onto it. But I really needed it for my Humble Android games!
CrowTRobo: Yeah, its annoying. Some apps that I've installed on my phone have the option to move to the SD card, but they only move some files and depending on the app, it could mean a large part of data moved to the card or only a small part. Yet some apps don't even support it. A SD card for Android is only really useful for storing photos, music and movies.

I guess it is better than not having support for SD card at all, but if you are going to support it, allow an option to run programs from it.
I was a bit surprised to find that on my cheapo Android phone quite many Android apps and games seemed to offer the option to move them to the external memory (SD), but on the Android tablet, none seem to offer the same.

Googling for it, I read someone saying that this option (of moving some installed apps to external memory) was removed in some newer Android (tablet) versions. WTF? I understand it is more useful for Android phones as they tend to have less internal memory than tablets, but still.

I'm using the Humble Bundle Android client to download and install the games, as it will also tell if they are up to date. But even that doesn't seem to offer the option to at least download the installation files (.apk) to external memory for storage, but those also go to internal memory. It would help at least a bit if the stupid Humble Bundle client would offer to keep the .apk's on the external memory card, but no.

Damn stupid "post-PC" devices... I hate when "progress" seems to mean more restrictions.
Post edited September 22, 2013 by timppu
CrowTRobo: I guess it is better than not having support for SD card at all, but if you are going to support it, allow an option to run programs from it.
timppu: Damn stupid "post-PC" devices... I hate when "progress" seems to mean more restrictions.
Google's stupid decision to cut out SD cards. None of their nexus devices have an SD card. You would think with those devices an SD card would make sense, as mostly people with a good understanding of technology purchase them. I'd sure like to know if it is about saving money, or do the idiots at Google think 16GB of storage is enough space. They certainly haven't looked at what I have on my Transformer Prime to come to that conclusion.
I fucking hate banks.

Long story short I split up with my long term partner some time ago and finally got around to sorting out bank stuff. I opened a new account and will be closing the old one (it was a joint account but me and the now ex are not on speaking terms) I couldnt just remove her name, but I can close the old account.

So im setting up the new account and I always have a small overdraft available just in case. I havent used it in over 5 years. The bank fucking declined the overdraft.

Im really tempted to call them and tell them to shove it up their collective arses for being so difficult.
I caught a mild case of acute road rash due to an oil or diesel spill.

EDIT:
timppu: Hopefully you still have warranty?
AlKim: That ended a few months ago. Funny the way time flies: I can't believe that the bin is over three years old already.
Update on this. I'm beginning to suspect that the problem's got something to do with my mouse drivers, because my piece of shit backup mouse has worked for around half the day without making the computer freeze once, whereas the Sentinel lobotomized it twice already. I'll try a reinstall of the drivers later on (can't be bothered to reboot right now, got shit to do), see how that works out.
Post edited September 23, 2013 by AlKim
awh back to normality :)
Post edited September 24, 2013 by chezybezy
Relationship woes... At least I didn't let myself get too close to her. Too many things in doubt and it was too good to be true. I just don't like being cheated on. Oh well... I suppose it was good while it lasted, but not really.
Post edited September 24, 2013 by Dr_Adder
Okay, it wasn't the mouse drivers then. I'm definitely looking at a hardware failure here, although whether it's the motherboard or the hard drive remains unclear. Is there even any way to deduce this apart from swapping parts until magic occurs?
AlKim: Okay, it wasn't the mouse drivers then. I'm definitely looking at a hardware failure here, although whether it's the motherboard or the hard drive remains unclear. Is there even any way to deduce this apart from swapping parts until magic occurs?
Dunno, but if you're leaning toward those two as the culprit, I'd try the hard drive first:

- cheaper and easier
- if that ain't it, well, you'll have a shiny new hard drive to throw into your rig for more storage

Possible to install the hard drive as a D: in another machine and run some tests on it?