It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm having terrible pain in my ear when I chew. WTF? I bet it is actually jaw related and would require a dentist. Unfortunately I had a root canal and crown two months ago which I'm sure put my annual dental insurance allowance near the limit.
Why is it okay for parents to be angry and yell at their children for no good reason(aka being abusive) but the second a son or daughter gets angry at his or her parents for a good reason and yells at his or her parents, he or she is a demon, a monster, a bad son or daughter...in the eyes of society? The world is insane...
Post edited September 20, 2013 by monkeydelarge
Hardware failure imminent. No idea what it is yet, but I suspect that the motherboard is going.
AlKim: Hardware failure imminent. No idea what it is yet, but I suspect that the motherboard is going.
Start your backup immediately!!
AlKim: Hardware failure imminent. No idea what it is yet, but I suspect that the motherboard is going.
You again? Didn't you tell several weeks ago you had a few motherboards dying on you, one by one? Ah yes, this one:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post4702

You know you are not supposed to take your PC to sauna, right? :)
Post edited September 21, 2013 by timppu
But just that AlKim doesn't feel too bad, I am having some kind of Windows (7) problems at the moment on certain PC. Story so far:

- Someone wanted to try playing Minecraft on a different PC, as it kept crashing on another. So I decided to check the other PC, remove any old Minecraft saves from it before moving the Minecraft from the other PC.

- I recalled Minecraft hides the save games to some stupid place, like C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/... I never understood why some freaking save games need to be hidden from the user?

- Since I didn't see any AppData folder under <username>, I figured I must change some Explorer setting so that it shows also hidden folders. I check Explorer options, see the "Hidden" box, so I click it and click ok.

- Apparently that was not a good idea, I didn't fully think it through as my intention was not really to change any "Hidden" flags. What happens next though is that all my icons from the desktop have disappeared, and I don't find the C:/Users/ folder at all anymore. FJUUUUUUU...

- Ok, calming down. Just revert back to some earlier restoration point? Yep, there are some, even from the same day, so I select one and let Windows restore it. After reboot: nice, everything seems to be back in order. But after awhile I start seeing that they are not, e.g.:

1. TeraCopy doesn't work anymore. For some reason it always try to copy or move the same file I moved several days ago, no matter which file I am actually trying to copy. Uninstalling and reinstalling TeraCopy doesn't fix it, but after I deleted anything with the name "TeraCopy" from both registery and from under C:/Users/ (those damn hidden folders!!!), reinstallation fixed it.

2. Firefox didn't work anymore, it would always complain Firefox is already running. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it at first, but it got fixed on a second try when I told the uninstallation script to wipe out everything, including my bookmarks :(. Before that I tried to back up my Firefox bookmarks manually, but naturally I didn't find them anywhere, even with my google-fu. Why are the bookmarks hidden? I recall it used to be quite easy it was to backup years ago.

3. I couldn't install Java, it would complain about not having permission to do that and stuff. Google found a fix for that, again I just needed to delete a certain hidden "Sun" folder under the Users-folder.

I am wondering how many other hidden surprises there are now, after that stupid restoration? Maybe I should reinstall the whole Windows 7. What I've learned so far:

- The more Microsoft and the software developers try to make Windows easier to use, the harder it becomes to maintain if something goes wrong. Save games deep inside a hidden directory structure? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? Why are save games supposed to be hidden from the user? Or why are TeraCopy and Java leaving shit inside Users-folder, which makes it impossible to re-install them after a system restoration?

- Restoring Windows from an earlier System Restoration Point may still leave your system quite broken, which you then have to try to fix manually, one by one when your applications refuse to work.
Yet more money I am going to have to spend on my vehicle. After leaving a Walmart, noticed my drivers side mirror has a wonderful spiderweb pattern. Some juvenile delinquent must have thrown a rock at it. Round circle pattern about the size of a golf ball with the cracks radiating from it. I park towards the back of the parking lot, so no cars or grocery carts nearby.
Yearly vehicle inspection is due in December, so I have a few months to get it replaced.
I need new car tires, and I have to get the back end of my Blazer fixed before it falls apart totally. I don't think I'd be able to drive it with the bumper sitting on the ground. :-)
And now I am totally annoyed by our Android tablet (ASUS Transformer TF101).

Its internal 16GB memory gets full if I try to download and install all my Humble Bundle Android games onto it. So since it has two (micro)SD slots, one on the main screen unit, and another on keyboard dock station, I figured I'll buy me a nice 32GB microSDHC card for it.

Yeah, the external SD card installs and works fine... albeit now I learned that apparently there is no simple way to install and run the Android games from the SD card. Apparently most apps and games go to the internal memory by default, and also want to stay there (ie. they don't even give you an option to move them to the external card after installation, one by one... I recall seeing that option with some games and apps on my Android phone, though?).

So it seems the newly installed 32GB microSD card will be highly underutilized on the tablet, unless I start downloading lots of pirate movies or something onto it. But I really needed it for my Humble Android games!

Another example of these simpler "post-PC" devices also being far more restrictive. Apparently they thought "16GB should be enough for anyone.", not realizing that quite soon even single Android games could take several hundreds of megabytes. Naturally the internal memory can't be changed to a bigger one either, at least without a soldering iron.
timppu: You again? Didn't you tell several weeks ago you had a few motherboards dying on you, one by one? Ah yes, this one:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post4702

You know you are not supposed to take your PC to sauna, right? :)
Musta put Steam on it. <buhdumpbump>

Get it? Sauna? Steam?!?!?

I'll be here all week, folks. Be sure to tip your bartender.
i think today is the only day i havent wanted to post in here! yay! :D
chezybezy: i think today is the only day i havent wanted to post in here! yay! :D
The day ain't over yet. :D
chezybezy: i think today is the only day i havent wanted to post in here! yay! :D
tinyE: The day ain't over yet. :D
awh true, but dont rain on my parade is so VERY rare that i get a day like to day its painfully sad!
you can monsoon tomorrow in recompense?
Post edited September 21, 2013 by chezybezy
chezybezy: awh true, but dont rain on my parade is so VERY rare that i get a day like to day its painfully sad!
you can monsoon tomorrow in recompense?
I meant no harm sir. :D I will go ahead and give you the whole week if you'd like.
239 stars...good for you.
Post edited September 21, 2013 by monkeydelarge