It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

te_lanus: me P!$$ed withSteam Client, Downloading Giana Sisters, and got to 1,2Gb (~70%), and then steam decided that it wants to download everything again, starting from 0.0%. Me not a happy camper
Steam didn't do that to me but it was weird though that the download size was nearly twice as big as the one that is quoted here on Gog.
grunthos64: Steam didn't do that to me but it was weird though that the download size was nearly twice as big as the one that is quoted here on Gog.
Found out that it was an update that they supposedly rolled out, so steam resetted my download :(
Fuck it all, there seems to be no way to take a night bus from Hamburg to Munich. This sucks. It appears to be either the day bus for 28€ or the night train for 150. But for a day bus I need to take a day off... not exactly ideal.
P1na: Fuck it all, there seems to be no way to take a night bus from Hamburg to Munich. This sucks. It appears to be either the day bus for 28€ or the night train for 150. But for a day bus I need to take a day off... not exactly ideal.
There is a website for Germans. It lets you connect with other people(usually students) who are looking to share a car ride. A cheaper option compared to a 150 euro night train. You could try that. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the website and address. Some research or asking some young Germans will probably lead you to this website.
Post edited July 24, 2013 by langurmonkey
langurmonkey: There is a website for Germans. It lets you connect with other people(usually students) who are looking to share a car ride. A cheaper option compared to a 150 euro night train. You could try that. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the website and address. Some research or asking some young Germans will probably lead you to this website.
Nah, I know it. I just need it to be night, though, and I want to sleep there so if I accompanied someone they would ask me to keep them awake. Which is why I chose a bus, and I finally found one. Getting to Munich by 9am tomorrow, ready for work (I hope). A lot better.
Post edited July 24, 2013 by P1na
Price of food went up again. YAY!
I received an email today from Google regarding the "exciting" updates to Google Wallet. No big deal until I see this little paragraph towards the bottom:

"We are constantly adding new features. In order to tell you more, we've updated your notification preferences. You will now receive Google Wallet special offers, invitations to provide product feedback, and newsletters."

Excuse me? You updated my personal notification preferences without my prompting or input? For a while now I've seen Google becoming more and more like Microsoft, Yahoo, etc. despite the fact that they continue to advertise themselves as different, the "good guys". Finally, For me, this confirms they are now the same.

Now I got to take time out of my day and update my preferences to turn off this junk which I never agreed to receive in the first place.
CrowTRobo: I received an email today from Google regarding the "exciting" updates to Google Wallet. No big deal until I see this little paragraph towards the bottom:

"We are constantly adding new features. In order to tell you more, we've updated your notification preferences. You will now receive Google Wallet special offers, invitations to provide product feedback, and newsletters."

Excuse me? You updated my personal notification preferences without my prompting or input? For a while now I've seen Google becoming more and more like Microsoft, Yahoo, etc. despite the fact that they continue to advertise themselves as different, the "good guys". Finally, For me, this confirms they are now the same.

Now I got to take time out of my day and update my preferences to turn off this junk which I never agreed to receive in the first place.
It pisses me off how it doesn't matter how much money you throw a company's way these days, they are still becoming 'special offers' laden everywhere. Amazon is the absolute worst with it. Who wants to buy a tablet and be stuck with advertisements letting you know about the 'great deals' and if you have kids God help you if you have your credit/debit card tied to an account.
Tried a Piri Piri pot noodle earlier and it's still bothering me. I don't like spicy food but I'm lazy and it was there, and I'm sure some people will say it's not spicy at all etc. but my mouth is on fire.

Send help.
Post edited July 25, 2013 by Goatbrush
Ugh. There are so many whiny bitches these days, it's dumbfounding. Yes, let's get offended about anything and everything. Grow the fuck up already, you dumb fucks. Jesus H. Christ!
I finally surrendered the great thermostat fight of '13. My dad wins. 80°F for the rest of the summer.
Changing it back and forth 20 times a day just isn't worth it.

[/first world problems]
mistermumbles: Jesus H. Christ!
What?
mistermumbles: Ugh. There are so many whiny bitches these days, it's dumbfounding.
You're not exactly contributing to solving the problem, are you?
Wasps. To people who read every post you'll note that I've already mentioned them. However, I got stung again and I hate them so much that I thought it was worth moaning about again.
AdamR: I finally surrendered the great thermostat fight of '13. My dad wins. 80°F for the rest of the summer.
Changing it back and forth 20 times a day just isn't worth it.

[/first world problems]
I worked in a converted mill building years ago. A friend of mine sat on the dark, north side of the floor, and a man from another company had a small, very sunny office. A single round Honeywell thermostat controlled the AC for the entire floor. On chilly but sunny days, my friend would freeze, and the man would boil. Both would angrily adjust the set temperature in their favor several times a day. I got tired of their nonsense, and carefully bent the bimetallic coil in the thermostat to favor my friend. The set temp was actually 78'F, but the dial on the front would read nearer 68'F. When the boiling man came to check on the thermostat, he'd see that it was already set quite low, and return to his office without readjusting it.

So if you have an older (but still very common) round analog thermostat, you have options...