Posted July 19, 2013
- Extra small seats in economy class. I've seen smaller only in Air Canada or something like that.
- Food or luggage doesn't cost extra. Food is bad, but you have some options (vege/kosher/whatever), and you even get one beer or one glass of wine without extra charge.
- Being able to select your seat in economy class nowadays costs extra. Earlier it was free, at least when you ordered the ticked online.
- Even the economy class feels semi-modern. You have these small screens with every seat where you can watch pretty new movies that are probably not even on DVD yet. Those multimedia units have even some games, but they are pretty bad. I mean, a generic Snake variant was probably the most advanced game in there. Even old Nokia phones had better games.
- Air hostesses are nice, but old. Don't even think of slapping them on the butt or making sexual remarks, they'll hit you with a tray to head if you do. Especially the male air hostesses.
- I don't think Finnair has crash-landed even once, and no other fatalities either, unless someone got a heart attack during a flight. So purely from a statistical point of view, they are a secure carrier. I recall there might have been a case some Finnish drunkard claiming he has a bomb, but he was probably referring to his bottle of Koskenkorva.
Post edited July 19, 2013 by timppu