It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm in deep shit right now.
I know this might not seem like much, but this has kept me somewhat sane. Im having problems with my doctor as he is greedy and forcing me to make an appt. with him once a week, 4 times a month. The fees are ridiculously high and I was almost out of money last week.

I thought the world was caving in as I had no idea how to fix it. From there I figured I'll get a new doctor. What helped me pick myself up was this-

I have an uncle who lives in Vermont who for 15 years got diagnosed with an incurable form of multiple sclerosis. His form is so bad he cannot move at all and is forced to watch tv almost as a vegetable. His father cries whenever he visits him. To make matters worse, the great granddaughter (my cousin) just got knocked up with 3 kids and left them on my uncle's father. She is out of the picture.

I've only seen Kelly once or twice but seeing him once is enough to make you want to cry in a corner. Whenever I feel like in a shitty mood, I just think that my situation is nothing compared to Kelly my uncle and his father.

I hope all of you who are in bad times, feel better in the long run :)
Post edited July 18, 2013 by deathknight1728
Today my Skype account worked just fine.. now it does not I tried plenty of stuff.. also after that shit in my finnish chat people were the same as in made of fucktards and clay.

and my socks are made of hate. Well now those are.
also.. goddammit to anything ever.
Antimateria: Today my Skype account worked just fine.. now it does not I tried plenty of stuff.. also after that shit in my finnish chat people were the same as in made of fucktards and clay.

and my socks are made of hate. Well now those are.
also.. goddammit to anything ever.
A lot of cool people in Finland :)
deathknight1728: Whenever I feel like in a shitty mood, I just think that my situation is nothing compared to Kelly my uncle and his father.
Yeah, I don't get people who feel better when thinking about other people who are worse off. Last thing I need to think about when I'm in a shitty situation is that other people are in an even shittier one. Makes me feel like the whole universe is drowning in shit.
deathknight1728: Whenever I feel like in a shitty mood, I just think that my situation is nothing compared to Kelly my uncle and his father.
F4LL0UT: Yeah, I don't get people who feel better when thinking about other people who are worse off. Last thing I need to think about when I'm in a shitty situation is that other people are in an even shittier one. Makes me feel like the whole universe is drowning in shit.
I don't know, it helps me. We could do a whole thread on people worse off than us.
Attachments:
ohshit.jpg (26 Kb)
I2: i'm just sad and unhappy and i wish i wasn't.
A poignant post in it's simplicity. :(
One of the things I don't understand about the news, who the hell gives a shit about Thailands most notorious monk. Who cares? Its all just a bunch of gossip and bullshit and they ought to rename the us land of whores, loss of opportunity.

If you don't watch the news, something big happens, if you do-you get more retarded than Charlie Sheen. Its a lose/lose situation and when you do lose somebody takes an inch off your dick. Fuçkin lame.
Post edited July 18, 2013 by deathknight1728
tinyE: I don't know, it helps me. We could do a whole thread on people worse off than us.
It's funny as long nobody uses you as an example of someone worse off. :P
(speaking generally, not specifically about you)

Although I must admit, it DOES boost my ego that some of the cockiest most arrogant bastards of my childhood are total losers now. Last time I heard one of them was actually in jail.

Also: YAY, I'm only in shallow shit now.
Post edited July 18, 2013 by F4LL0UT
tinyE: I don't know, it helps me. We could do a whole thread on people worse off than us.
F4LL0UT: It's funny as long nobody uses you as an example of someone worse off. :P
(speaking generally, not specifically about you)

Although I must admit, it DOES boost my ego that some of the cockiest most arrogant bastards of my childhood are total losers now. Last time I heard one of them was actually in jail.

Also: YAY, I'm only in shallow shit now.
I have to admit its saved me sometimes. There was a real tough kid that went to my school. Everyone was afraid of him and he was a typical cocky asshole. I mean the guys name was chip. Later on after school, he tried to rob a bank and not only failed but now I'm sure he's made new friends.
Damn I feel a bit silly now, as if I just lost 1200 euros.

We came back from Thailand yesterday. When we arrived to Bangkok airport and were at the check-in desk, the clerks asked us if we'd like to move our flight tomorrow (ie. today). Apparently they had overbooked the flight.

I naturally felt "Hell no! We had to wake up 4:30am this morning to make it in time to the airport, no way I want to do that all over again tomorrow!". I was almost angry to them for even suggesting it.

Anyway, they continued that the carrier (Finnair) would be willing to compensate 600€ per ticket if we moved our flight, and also pay for our hotel night. So, 1200€ money back, just for spending one more night in some hotel?

I guess I become kinda confused at that point, what should I do what should I do, but I was so tired that I just wanted to get to the plane, there were lots of people waiting behind us, and I wasn't fully sure if I'd made it in time because I have to be somewhere this afternoon, so I still rejected it.

Needless to say, in about 5 minutes I was already regretting my decision, and the more I thought about it, the more I was proverbially kicking myself to the head. Fjuck, I just rejected 1200€ easy money! Apparently someone wanted our tickets much more badly than I did. Maybe I could have even negotiated business class seats, like I once got before? If only they had e.g called us, before we took the ride to the airport?

Then again, if I had accepted it, being so suspicious and all, I would have demanded the tickets for tomorrow already, and some kind of written verification that I will really get the promised money so that there wouldn't be any sudden surprises there. Somehow I wouldn't have been surprised that I would be now standing somewhere in the BKK airport, without a ticket, and no idea how to get back to Finland. At least I am now safe and sound back at home, maybe that was worth the 1200€... And frankly, at this point I am not even sure if they meant that I was supposed to buy completely new tickets with that 1200€ (which is about what they would have cost actually, I think), but they were talking about moving the flights, not selling the tickets back to them.

Maybe this special price was because the whole flight was shock-full of Thai peasants on their way for seasonal work in Finland, picking berries (mostly blueberries and cowberries, the forests are apparently now full of them but no one picking them up) and maybe some mushrooms too. That's probably why the Finnair flights were overbooked right now.

I feel kinda sad for those Thai berry pickers, I've heard the reports this is all a big gamble for them, ie. if there are not enough berries to pick, many of them will actually lose money, not even be able to pay for their flight tickets. I wish they'd be better off. Having to come all the way to Finland, just for that. :(
Post edited July 19, 2013 by timppu
timppu: Then again, if I had accepted it, being so suspicious and all, I would have demanded the tickets for tomorrow already, and some kind of written verification that I will really get the promised money so that there wouldn't be any sudden surprises there. Somehow I wouldn't have been surprised that I would be now standing somewhere in the BKK airport, without a ticket, and no idea how to get back to Finland. At least I am now safe and sound back at home, maybe that was worth the 1200€... And frankly, at this point I am not even sure if they meant that I was supposed to buy completely new tickets with that 1200€ (which is about what they would have cost actually, I think), but they were talking about moving the flights, not selling the tickets back to them.
Usually, Airlines give you a gift certificate, good for only that airline for up to one year, your current hotel stay, and food vouchers for that day. I haven't heard of many people not getting on the next flight out, unless bad weather crops up the next day. Usually upgrades don't happen, unless you are a frequent flyer or purchase the First/Business Class ticket.

I've done it once before, but I was just delayed on the last flight of the night and had a $300USD voucher for another flight within the next year. Which $300USD, was basically enough for half a round trip ticket.

Speaking of flying, I just got back from Seattle...beautiful weather and come back to the humid, hot weather back home. On my flight home I caught some nasty cold from some ahole that had to fly the day he was sick. Coughing all over everyone during the wonderful five hours cooped up in a 737. Took a day off yesterday with Meds and lots of sleep followed by struggling to get through a Friday.
More sleep and Meds for the weekend...and I have to mow the lawn tomorrow before our next round of rain moves in.
I hate you ahole sitting in front of me on that 737 from Seattle.
Post edited July 19, 2013 by jjsimp
jjsimp: Usually, Airlines give you a gift certificate, good for only that airline for up to one year
Aaah, that sounds plausible. I was wondering how I'd receive the money, but of course it wouldn't have been money-money. I'm not familiar with these kinds of things, usually fly like once a year. The only (positively) odd thing that has happened to me was indeed when they moved me from the economy to business class on my way back. I bet that's probably the only time I've actually slept properly during a flight.

Now I don't feel that bad for turning down their offer, as I wasn't really planning to fly before next summer anyway, even if then.

I don't like flying that much anyway, as I have ears unsuitable for flying (and diving). My ears are always completely locked up and a bit hurt at the end of the landing (the pressure doesn't even up that easily), and I have to do my normal routines before and during the landing:

- taking some nosespray that's supposed to help a bit keeping the canals to inner ears open
- chew some bubble gum constantly
- if I get very uncomfortable, blow my nose a bit keeping the nostrils shut; sometimes I manage to even the pressure that way

I would make a lousy aircraft pilot...
Post edited July 19, 2013 by timppu
jjsimp: Usually, Airlines give you a gift certificate, good for only that airline for up to one year
timppu: Aaah, that sounds plausible. I was wondering how I'd receive the money, but of course it wouldn't have been money-money. I'm not familiar with these kinds of things, usually fly like once a year. The only (positively) odd thing that has happened to me was indeed when they moved me from the economy to business class on my way back. I bet that's probably the only time I've actually slept properly during a flight.

Now I don't feel that bad for turning down their offer, as I wasn't really planning to fly before next summer anyway, even if then.

I don't like flying that much anyway, as I have ears unsuitable for flying (and diving). My ears are always completely locked up and a bit hurt at the end of the landing (the pressure doesn't even up that easily), and I have to do my normal routines before and during the landing:

- taking some nosespray that's supposed to help a bit keeping the canals to inner ears open
- if I get very uncomfortable, blow my nose a bit keeping the nostrils shut; sometimes I manage to even the pressure that way

OT how is airline travel in Finland? I'm talking about comfort, hospitality, timeliness. Do they charge you $5 for a bag with two stale peanuts. Do the flight attendants treat you like shit when and or ignore you when you ask for something? When they say the plane should be landing in 30 minutes do you quietly laugh to yourself and go back to sleep?
timppu: I don't like flying that much anyway, as I have ears unsuitable for flying (and diving). My ears are always completely locked up and a bit hurt at the end of the landing (the pressure doesn't even up that easily), and I have to do my normal routines before and during the landing:

For the ears, the best thing is if you can make yourself yawn. A deep yawn will pop your ears right open. Gum works a little, but nothing like a great big yawn.
I fly a lot, and because of the sickness I got infected with, my left ear is currently still blocked. I'm sure once this cold/virus goes away it will pop, but it's annoying that everything sounds like I'm under water.
tinyE: OT how is airline travel in Finland? I'm talking about comfort, hospitality, timeliness. Do they charge you $5 for a bag with two stale peanuts. Do the flight attendants treat you like shit when and or ignore you when you ask for something? When they say the plane should be landing in 30 minutes do you quietly laugh to yourself and go back to sleep?
That made me think of what the Airline was charging to watch their 5" TV in front of you. Flight under three hours $5.99, flights over three hours are $7.99, and you get a large $2 discount if you swipe your card on three or more screens...oh boy. At least there was a real power outlet under the seat.
Post edited July 19, 2013 by jjsimp