It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iippo: Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :)
langurmonkey: This is usually true but I hate heat and humidity so much, Finland sounds like paradise. Too bad, there is no Finnish Foreign Legion, I'd join in a second. And I've experienced how cold it is in Finland and loved it. The only thing that bothers me about Finnish winters is the lack of sun.
I dont mind the cold as such, just all the cold weather related issues like finding/buying winter clothes for kids, storing them somewhere, not being able to do summer sports outside for more than half of the year, cold+wet weather=terrible etc

About the sun i dont really care, we have this thing called "electric lights" in Finland and they work 99,9% of the time :p
langurmonkey: This is usually true but I hate heat and humidity so much, Finland sounds like paradise. Too bad, there is no Finnish Foreign Legion, I'd join in a second. And I've experienced how cold it is in Finland and loved it. The only thing that bothers me about Finnish winters is the lack of sun.
iippo: I dont mind the cold as such, just all the cold weather related issues like finding/buying winter clothes for kids, storing them somewhere, not being able to do summer sports outside for more than half of the year, cold+wet weather=terrible etc

About the sun i dont really care, we have this thing called "electric lights" in Finland and they work 99,9% of the time :p
You guys also have koskenkorva and that works 100% of the time. :)
iippo: I dont mind the cold as such, just all the cold weather related issues like finding/buying winter clothes for kids, storing them somewhere, not being able to do summer sports outside for more than half of the year, cold+wet weather=terrible etc

langurmonkey: You guys also have koskenkorva and that works 100% of the time. :)
Its nice to have atleast some stuff in life you can count on working every single time :D

also if you ever have chance to taste: Sahti

...its "different" so to speak.
Post edited July 07, 2013 by iippo
langurmonkey: You guys also have koskenkorva and that works 100% of the time. :)
It just costs a million, as does pretty much everything (alcohol or not), so you'll be lucky to afford the damn stuff when you most need it.
What a nice day... On my usual bike trip to work some SUV driver beeped at me for using the street. On the next intersection he stopped and started yelling at me. I yelled back, telling him that what he thought to be a bike lane was none and that I therefor had a right to use the street. I also called him an idiot. He continued lecturing me that obviously I must be the idiot and wished me good luck in the traffic with my behavior... so far so good.

The usual bullshit at work where everybody blames everybody else in constant panic to not deliver good enough output... Nothing new.

Then when I finally exit the building just as I slowly roll into the bike lane I get beeped at again. I must have annoyed some ugly teenage girl in a beaten down car with my renegade usage of this bike lane. After all she took the time to yell at me questioning if I were nuts.

I swear this must have something to do with the weather. When the heat rises people seem to loose their minds behind the wheel. The bad thing is I tend to actively think about such encounters and how I could do "better" to avoid them in the future...

On another note I would really like to play some games to vent some steam. I just can't think of any game that would do this for me. Some years ago it was Soldier of Fortune or a quick round of q3dm17 while Fear Factory blasted through my speakers but this has lost it's appeal over the time.
Post edited July 08, 2013 by itti
Yesterday high fever, and now a bad case of tourist diarrhea. Last night I went to toilet like every 30-60 minutes.

On the bright side though, the last few days it has been rainy and cloudy here, which means the nights have been pretty cool, and days too. Feels pretty much like Finnish summers. :) I was kinda getting fed up with the close to 40 C temperatures.
Woohoo diarrhea is gone. "Dicotil" works wonders, two pills and it was gone. Last time this happened, it took me a full week to recover.

I don't mind the cold or darkness, but for me probably the worst part of (Finnish) cold winter is the ultra-dry air. My skin isn't the driest type, but in winter I really need to use some cream daily at least on my hands and also feet, otherwise I will get "wounds" on my skin and I feel itchy. In the summer no such problems whatsoever.

Where I am now it is considerably more humid than in Finland even in the warmest summer, and I guess this is very good for skin. At least my skin (especially face) feels greasy all the time, so it seems to be working overtime.
timppu: I don't mind the cold or darkness, but for me probably the worst part of (Finnish) cold winter is the ultra-dry air. My skin isn't the driest type, but in winter I really need to use some cream daily at least on my hands and also feet, otherwise I will get "wounds" on my skin and I feel itchy. In the summer no such problems whatsoever.
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. The skin on my hands got so dry once that I had to bandage them for the night (it's hard to bandage a hand when you've got the other one already done, by the way), and there were tiny blood stains on the bandages in the morning. Too late to apply any moisturising lotions by that point.

Dry air is also terrible to breathe. It doesn't prevent me from cycling whenever I'm in the mood (mountain bikes and winter are a good match), but I do tend to cut down on outdoor exercise for the winter and just lift weights at home instead.
Filling fell out. No pain but now I'll have to go to the dentist which is one of my most hated things, I hate it so much. Rage.
Goatbrush: Filling fell out. No pain but now I'll have to go to the dentist which is one of my most hated things, I hate it so much. Rage.
I lost one of my crowns just a few days ago. 2 hours in the chair just to prep a new one, and that's not counting the 100 mile round trip; I feel your pain!
I don't really care about rep, but I found this amusing. The only thing I talked about yesterday at all, the only posts I made, were about how I am enjoying The Old Republic.

And I lost 5 rep points overnight.

It's not an agree or disagree button, people.
StingingVelvet: I don't really care about rep, but I found this amusing. The only thing I talked about yesterday at all, the only posts I made, were about how I am enjoying The Old Republic.

And I lost 5 rep points overnight.

It's not an agree or disagree button, people.
Yesterday I made a joke about the Sith being the reason for all the forum spam; several people agreed and posted as much. I lost five points, they lost nothing. It may be Sith related but I fear it's more just assholes than anything else.
tinyE: Yesterday I made a joke about the Sith being the reason for all the forum spam; several people agreed and posted as much. I lost five points, they lost nothing. It may be Sith related but I fear it's more just assholes than anything else.
They should rename it the dark side button.
tinyE: Yesterday I made a joke about the Sith being the reason for all the forum spam; several people agreed and posted as much. I lost five points, they lost nothing. It may be Sith related but I fear it's more just assholes than anything else.
StingingVelvet: They should rename it the dark side button.
On a serious note I read your entire thread about that game and as a SW junkie I'm REALLY tempted but I don't want to get hooked and then not be able to stop whence the 'free trial' ends. That's how drug dealers work.

I'm kind of derailing this thread AND I actually have to go to work so I'll stop now.