It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I found out that one can play Alter Ego online here. It cost me some hours of my time and left me quite depressed about my own life and human life in general...
http://webermandolins.com/instruments/mandolins/a-style-mandolin/vinatge-a-mandolin

So pretty. My precious, precious...

why so much monies....
Just don't know what I should be doing to move forward in life right now :\
davosseaworth749: Just don't know what I should be doing to move forward in life right now :\
I don't mean to scare you but neither do I and I'm at the age when I'm suppose to be hitting the prime of my career, not still looking for one.
, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5kOxOR5vw]...

Sincere apologies to those that I may have offended during my time here on the forums.

(not sure if there is a more appropriate thread for this)
Goatbrush: Continued chronicles of feeling old:

Someone just pointed out on twitter that the guy who played the kid in the original Karate Kid movies, is now the same age in real life as the actor who played Mr Miyagi in the first movie. FML.
That is sad. Time goes passes by so fast.
I just realized something mildly depressing. I'm too dump for strategy games apparently. I consider stuff like "Heroes of Might and Magic III" (which I bought on release back then) and "The Settlers II" real gems. I really want to play this games again but I just seem to lack the brains to achieve anything. The question is whether this has always been the case or did my mind degenerate somehow over the course of the years? I remember that I liked to play "Dune II", etc. a lot but sometime after the release of "Starcraft" I began to consider RTS too demanding and hectic for me. That's when I went to turn based games. Now even these appear very complicated to me and my performance tends to be underwhelming.
I think my apartment has a fly problem. I get home from work Wednesday night and see two flies in the dining room. Kill them. Then I see another one. Kill it. Then I see two more and kill them. I'm getting a little worried but I left the windows open all day so maybe they got through the screens somehow. The windows are old so possible. Get home Thursday night after having all the windows closed since the night before and see more flies! I killed 7 of them before they seemed to disappear. I have a bad feeling that some bird or critter has died somewhere and these flies are being hatched INSIDE the condo. But I have no idea where the source could be. It might not even be in my unit but perhaps the one below.

I hate bugs and this is really freaking me out. Don't even want to stay at home. This is a good reminder of why I hate nature and much prefer concrete, asphalt, steel and glass.
CrowTRobo: I think my apartment has a fly problem. I get home from work Wednesday night and see two flies in the dining room. Kill them. Then I see another one. Kill it. Then I see two more and kill them. I'm getting a little worried but I left the windows open all day so maybe they got through the screens somehow. The windows are old so possible. Get home Thursday night after having all the windows closed since the night before and see more flies! I killed 7 of them before they seemed to disappear. I have a bad feeling that some bird or critter has died somewhere and these flies are being hatched INSIDE the condo. But I have no idea where the source could be. It might not even be in my unit but perhaps the one below.

I hate bugs and this is really freaking me out. Don't even want to stay at home. This is a good reminder of why I hate nature and much prefer concrete, asphalt, steel and glass.
Can I ask where you live? You don't have to give me a city or state but a region maybe? I've been all over the country and realized EVERYWHERE has it's bug problems but it depends where the ones you hate the most live that I think should determine where you live. :P
CrowTRobo: I think my apartment has a fly problem. I get home from work Wednesday night and see two flies in the dining room. Kill them. Then I see another one. Kill it. Then I see two more and kill them. I'm getting a little worried but I left the windows open all day so maybe they got through the screens somehow. The windows are old so possible. Get home Thursday night after having all the windows closed since the night before and see more flies! I killed 7 of them before they seemed to disappear. I have a bad feeling that some bird or critter has died somewhere and these flies are being hatched INSIDE the condo. But I have no idea where the source could be. It might not even be in my unit but perhaps the one below.

tinyE: Can I ask where you live? You don't have to give me a city or state but a region maybe? I've been all over the country and realized EVERYWHERE has it's bug problems but it depends where the ones you hate the most live that I think should determine where you live. :P
Just be lucky you don't live in South Carolina. They have very large roaches that fly. Locals call them palmetto bugs, but I can assure you it is a gigantic roach that flies.
tinyE: Can I ask where you live? You don't have to give me a city or state but a region maybe? I've been all over the country and realized EVERYWHERE has it's bug problems but it depends where the ones you hate the most live that I think should determine where you live. :P
jjsimp: Just be lucky you don't live in South Carolina. They have very large roaches that fly. Locals call them palmetto bugs, but I can assure you it is a gigantic roach that flies.
Yeah the farther south you go the bigger the roaches which only proves my point as I keep moving further North. I've been to the Carolinas and all cultural joking aside it really is a beautiful part of the country though I'm not packing up to move there just yet. :D
jjsimp: Just be lucky you don't live in South Carolina. They have very large roaches that fly. Locals call them palmetto bugs, but I can assure you it is a gigantic roach that flies.
Their the state bug too. Must be the only state with its own bug.
Barnell: Their the state bug too. Must be the only state with its own bug.
No, I think every state has them, but mine is the coolest, the dragonfly! Those bad boys eat the mosquitoes that the bats miss and they look REALLY cool flying around. When there are hundreds of them in one area it's surreal.

I really went to far with the derail. I'm in the "bitch about thread" talking about one of my favorite things in the world. OY!

FYI the South Carolina state bug is the Praying Mantis.
Post edited May 24, 2013 by tinyE
So, I've never really had good grades, but they've taken a nosedive this year. Yeah, 44.4% in math and 25% in french aren't the best in the world.
But my parents are taking this the completely wrong way, although I can't completely blame them. You see, I have this sort of condition. I have no idea what it is, never been diagnosed, but it's VERY crippling both emotionally and mentally.
The best way I can describe it is like a writer with writer's block, but applied to talking, writing, memory recall etc. I've been "tested", but it was more of an IQ test. I scored pretty well, which was a bad thing for me. My mom thinks that because I scored so well, I'm just not doing homework for attention or I'm trying to "manipulate the system" or something stupid like that. She's not offering me any help whatsoever. The funny thing is, she's never even believed in these kind of things before. God, she is such a fucking hypocrite.
She also thinks that by removing the things I enjoy from my life, I'll suddenly smarten up or something like. All it's doing is damaging our relationship.

Sorry if this is hard to understand >_> I might add on to it later.
ggf162: ...
It might not even be a condition or anything you know, different people learn in different ways. For example, I'm utterly unable to learn anything I don't enjoy - literally, I just can't do it. On the other hand, when I do enjoy something, I tend to excel. Our school system tells me that specialization is a bad thing tho, and that I'm a wreck of a human being when I don't understand particle physics.

Basically, if your approach diverges in any way, shape or form from approach of everybody else, you're fucked. I don't really mind, I just found my own way trough life - but I do know that it can get annoying.