It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just didn't get a job I was sure I'd get. Ten people were invited for a couple of days of preparation for the job, everyone was sure everyone would start working regularly on Monday next week, literally one minute before we were sent home the trainer told us who was picked. Yeah, they told us it was preparation while actually it was another round of sorting out the people they don't want. Nobody saw that coming and nobody really understands what the final choice was based on, especially since the review round of the final task totally didn't suggest that it would be them. Man, life sucks at times. Well, time to get back to freelancing. -.-
Today was a bit crap to say the least, with a terrible NHS continuous care assessment for my Dad (he has a degenerative condition and is already severely disabled and dependant, we care for him 24/7 between us). it was terrible both as it was depressing and also because it's been blatantly unfairly judged and was a complete mess on their part, although it now goes on to a panel so we don't have an outcome yet.

I'd written this a couple of times, but it's too much info, however in short there's so much wrong with the assessor's report, and one professional never turned up who should've also been present to input into it. The medical professional who did arrive was disbelieving of her verdicts but she'd not budge, despite total proof. It feels like she contradicts herself to downplay important things and turn it into a very iffy maybe rather than the safer yes it should be.

Anyway, we can send on some more comments for the panel ourselves, which we will need to as they were so late starting because of that non-arrival they'd waited for. She actually skipped entire sections of the assessment for time and down-marked others against all reason and evidence, which is disgusting and we will complain about. Very angry about it.

But I've just picked up a ninja drop of a game I wanted, which has cheered up a really crappy night. Thank you scampywiak :)
F4LL0UT: Just didn't get a job I was sure I'd get. Ten people were invited for a couple of days of preparation for the job, everyone was sure everyone would start working regularly on Monday next week, literally one minute before we were sent home the trainer told us who was picked. Yeah, they told us it was preparation while actually it was another round of sorting out the people they don't want. Nobody saw that coming and nobody really understands what the final choice was based on, especially since the review round of the final task totally didn't suggest that it would be them. Man, life sucks at times. Well, time to get back to freelancing. -.-
I see the US managed to export its business sociopathy.

Fucking sorry dude, sorry twice, once for what happened and the second that the US has managed to project the image of false success due to our cuntish behavior for so long that other cultures are buying into it.
Timelord1963:
I'm in a similar boat myself so I fully empathise!

Here's to the GOG!

*raises ale
F4LL0UT: Just didn't get a job I was sure I'd get. Ten people were invited for a couple of days of preparation for the job, everyone was sure everyone would start working regularly on Monday next week, literally one minute before we were sent home the trainer told us who was picked. Yeah, they told us it was preparation while actually it was another round of sorting out the people they don't want. Nobody saw that coming and nobody really understands what the final choice was based on, especially since the review round of the final task totally didn't suggest that it would be them. Man, life sucks at times. Well, time to get back to freelancing. -.-
What a douchebag employer. I wouldn't want to work for those people unless I'm extremely desperate. Maybe this will cheer you up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Wx230gYJw
orcishgamer: I see the US managed to export its business sociopathy.

Fucking sorry dude, sorry twice, once for what happened and the second that the US has managed to project the image of false success due to our cuntish behavior for so long that other cultures are buying into it.
Yes, very sad. It is no wonder, some people choose to be homeless(not work) here.
Post edited May 17, 2013 by langurmonkey
orcishgamer: Fucking sorry dude, sorry twice, once for what happened and the second that the US has managed to project the image of false success due to our cuntish behavior for so long that other cultures are buying into it.
Well, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions and blame the US for it, Poles are a nasty people in their own right and usually the communist past is to blame for all kinds of evil practices. But then again, the company I'm talking about is an international one and I know that the trainer got an email with the names of the people who were picked, so there's actually a chance that some suit in the US made all the decisions. I know of a few other Polish companies which were acquired by American corporations and where the recruitment process is mostly handled by some clerks in America who may not have ever personally met anyone working in their Polish subsidiary now - which is IMHO mind-blowing since those Polish companies had become great enough to be acquired by corporations in the US because of how they operated in Poland on their own. How can one assume that they will do better if recruitment will be handled by someone who hasn't ever even been to this country or knows nothing about the workplace their new people are gonna work at?

Yeah, well, whatever, life goes on. Looking on the bright side here.
langurmonkey: What a douchebag employer. I wouldn't want to work for those people unless I'm extremely desperate.
Yeah, that's kinda how I felt yesterday. My girlfriend has a friend working there in a higher position and that guy sent her an SMS a minute after the announcement of the names, he instantly promised that he'd try giving me a boost next time they expand their staff and I just thought: screw that. I mean, if that's how they deal with recruitment it probably doesn't look much better later on. For the majority of employees they only sign very short lived contracts, definitely to make it easier to get rid of people whenever they don't need as much manpower. At the end of each month I'd only be worried that this may be my last day working there. Heck, I can just as well continue working as a freelancer, it's just as unstable but this way I actually have the occasional chance of making more money than I would working for them.

langurmonkey: Maybe this will cheer you up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Wx230gYJw
A little (and "look on the bright side" was literally what I was telling myself all the time anyway ^^). Well, the thing is that some very good friends of mine founded a new company recently and they actually counted on my support all along and I already felt bad that with that new job I wouldn't be able to help them out as much. So who knows, maybe things turned out the way they did for a reason. Not that I'm superstitious or anything.
I very rarely know what people are talking about when they use abbreviations for game titles, but the people using them seem to think it's obvious even if they write the following:
I'm a strategy game fan and I especially dig SC. The genre's gone downhill, though, and I didn't like SC2 so much. Back in the day, SC was the bomb. I sometimes play SC too. Has anyone here played SC? Oh well, I'm off to play some SC.
when they mean to say:
I'm a strategy game fan and I especially dig StarCraft. The genre's gone downhill, though, and I didn't like Supreme Commander 2 so much. Back in the day, Star Control was the bomb. I sometimes play Splinter Cell too. Has anyone here played Super Contra? Oh well, I'm off to play some SimCity.
Yesterday at work when I had peed in the toilet (not flushed yet), my belt buckle became magically loose and dropped to the toilet.

So suddenly I had an existential-psychological dilemma:

- Should I flush the toilet hoping the belt buckle stays in the toilet and doesn't go with the water, risking of losing it? (I kinda like it.)

- Should I go out of the toilet and try to find something to pick the belt buckle with it? What if someone goes to that toilet in the mean time and takes a dump on it?

- Or should I overcome the natural human fear of touching your own urine?

I said feck it, and picked the belt buckle up with my hand. After all, don't they say that urine is actually very sterile? I made sure to wash my hand and the buckle with soap a few times after that. The whole scene was like from the movie The Abyss where the protagonist has an argument with his wife, throws his wedding ring into toilet, but right after that becomes repentant and goes back to pick it up.

Could have been worse. I could have taken a dump before the incident, but fortunately I wasn't physically and mentally up to it at that point, yet.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by timppu
timppu: Yesterday at work when I had peed in the toilet (not flushed yet), my belt buckle became magically loose and dropped to the toilet.

So suddenly I had an existential-psychological dilemma:

- Should I flush the toilet hoping the belt buckle stays in the toilet and doesn't go with the water, risking of losing it? (I kinda like it.)

- Should I go out of the toilet and try to find something to pick the belt buckle with it? What if someone goes to that toilet in the mean time and takes a dump on it?

- Or should I overcome the natural human fear of touching your own urine?

I said feck it, and picked the belt buckle up with my hand. After all, don't they say that urine is actually very sterile? I made sure to wash my hand and the buckle with soap a few times after that.

Could have been worse. I could have taken a dump before the incident, but fortunately I wasn't physically and mentally up to it at that point, yet.
Finally, a problem I can relate to.
A few minutes ago, I had a violent sneeze. I tried to stiffle it, but it rocked me forward with the force and I heard a loud "CRACK" in my upper back.

Now my back and chest are hurting. I friggin messed up my back sneezing. :(
Timelord1963:
Sachys: I'm in a similar boat myself so I fully empathise!

Here's to the GOG!

*raises ale
Cheers :) Thanks for that, I appreciate it - sorry I'd not replied, been offline last night (DW finale :D). If you end up going through the same process, I hope you have a better assessor!
Hawk52: A few minutes ago, I had a violent sneeze. I tried to stiffle it, but it rocked me forward with the force and I heard a loud "CRACK" in my upper back.

Now my back and chest are hurting. I friggin messed up my back sneezing. :(
My brother once cracked a rib sneezing, no shit.
I once dislocated my jaw by yawning.

Anyway, vacation time, vacation sized problems: I just happened to read some years old conversation by some Americans about the Finnish language. I don't know what the language they were speaking about was, but it most certainly wasn't Finnish. It's irking me like crazy. You know, that thing when you see people talking all knowledgeablelike about something they clearly have no clue about and all you can do is observe in horror..

It was as bad as this or possibly even worse.
Adzeth: I once dislocated my jaw by yawning.
Is that a thing? I've had something very close happen when yawning a couple of times, but I never thought you could actually dislocate the whole shabang.