It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm calm now.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by tinyE
Being single VS not being single. Both has Pros and Cons. People always think the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to this and it's not. And there is always the chance of getting with the wrong woman or man(I don't know what gender you are into or if you are bi) and then you will truly know what is PAIN. So just enjoy what you have now, people.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by langurmonkey
sorry about that.

my t.v. went out at the exact same time I was posting. double wammy.
tinyE: my t.v. went out at the exact same time I was posting. double wammy.
I've told you before, viewing online is what you should do.

But knowing your luck, it won't be the t.v. that goes out, but your net. So an even bigger pain...
Post edited May 09, 2013 by JMich
I'd still like to know who it is but I'm sorry about the rest.
tinyE: ....
Sounds like it's time to unplug. I'm sure Tahquamenon is nice around now, been years since I've been up there.
tinyE: ....
strixo: Sounds like it's time to unplug. I'm sure Tahquamenon is nice around now, been years since I've been up there.
That is a beautiful place but I try never to go that far south anymore, Too damn hot down there in those tropical regions. :P

You know the U.P. See that little dot at the top, Copper Harbor? That's me. :D
I got the information regarding the benefit changes due to the merger at my company today. They SUCK! The basic health plan is terrible. The "buy-up" plan comes closer to what I have now but it will cost $60 more a month! The vision plan is pathetic. One eye exam every other year and $100 towards contacts or glasses every other year. Seriously? Right now I get one eye exam every year and $150 every year.

And the 401k contribution? A joke. 25% match up to 10% of salary? 25%?!? I've worked for several companies and have never seen a match rate so low. Currently I receive 100% match up to 5%. The only good thing to say is I get 1 extra vacation day a year. However people who have been there at least 5 years actually lose a day.

This merger is bullshit. I'm sure the owners of the company made out great. Meanwhile the employees get fucked over. Its the American way. I don't think any decent companies exist anymore.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by CrowTRobo
I may just have sacrificed two friendships. Two of my closest friends had some sick masochistic relationship and I was always the one in the middle, I always got to hear all the crap they were too afraid to tell each other. For more than a year whenever they saw each other they'd get all romantic and occasionally make out but after that they wouldn't do anything about it except complaining to me that they don't know where they are, how the other one wouldn't make a serious step or something. Then the girl left the country for almost a year with a few breaks, yesterday we all celebrated her return, a few hours in they started making out. I care about both of them and I knew that without me doing something about it it would once again end in total crap. Then another guy (also a very close friend of my buddy) told me that my bro doesn't want this to go anywhere so I decided to talk to him, especially since I know how much he had hurt her in the past. So I asked him what he expects from this and indeed, for him it was just about having fun, he claimed that he had put things straight with her but of course he hadn't because he's an immature insecure sissy. I told him that she's looking for something serious and even if she pretends that she can do this stuff just for fun that's not the case, that each time they do this she ends up being devastated and that no matter what she says, she will hope they are gonna end up in a serious relationship. He just replied that she's a grownup, can deal with it etc. and that I shouldn't stick my nose in this, that it doesn't concern me. Hell, yes it does - it's like they are having all the fun and I'm the one having the serious relationship, having all the serious talks with both sides. So I eventually told her that she shouldn't do that anymore because it won't lead anywhere, that I know for a fact that he doesn't want things to get serious. She almost started crying, then she remained silent.

Of course - again- she started making out with him a few minutes later, completely in denial of what I just had said, even more intensely as if she wanted to prove me wrong or just do her best to win him over. Later she announced that she would call me the next day and talk to me about it - like always. And in my experience the talks she has with me in that vulnerable state attract her to me, she has already made moves on me in these situations in the past, willing to harm the relationship I'm in (a serious, mature and healthy one, unlike their shit). When we stood in line for some fast food I heard her whispering to her female friend, that she actually has a good feeling about this. I told myself "enough of this shit", pushed them together and almost yelled at them that they have to clarify this shit right now, that I'm sick and tired of this crap, of being the guy in the middle and then I left. He ran after me, I yelled some stuff at him, then I told her not to call me about this shit and left the group.

Now I not only feel awful for having ruined the evening (well, at least the end of it) but can't possibly imagine that either one of them is gonna forgive me. In their eyes I certainly have changed forever, they won't trust me anymore. I'm not gonna be the guy they call just for a beer or coffee to have a nice talk, I'm not gonna be the supportive understanding intimate friend anymore whom they can always call when they are having a hard time and neither are they gonna be the people whom I can tell anything. The only question is whether my little act worked, whether they finally will end up together or stop hurting each other and themselves. I'm kinda impatiently waiting for some input, a message from them or something while I know exactly that I'm not gonna get one - it's kinda eating me alive. Plus the hangover is killing me. <.<
Post edited May 10, 2013 by F4LL0UT
The last time Fallen Enchantress was on sale, back in February, while I was reading reviews and watching gameplay videos to decide whether I should buy it or not (it's the kind of game I enjoy, but I already have too many unplayed games and not a lot of money), my wife told me she didn't feel fine. We ended up in the hospital, where our son was born prematurely.

Yesterday Fallen Enchantress was on sale again. Again, I felt tempted, although I still have lots of unplayed games and even less money than two months ago. We ended up in the hospital again, because our baby had a mild fever. It looks like a common cold, but he is so little and vulnerable that they kept him at the hospital as a precaution. He is coming home now, but tomorrow we'll have to take him in again so they can monitor his progress.

Man, I hate this kind of aggressive marketing. I am going to shit my pants next time this game goes on sale. I guess I should save to buy it, just in case. :p
F4LL0UT: I may just have sacrificed two friendships. Two of my closest friends had some sick masochistic relationship and I was always the one in the middle, I always got to hear all the crap they were too afraid to tell each other. For more than a year whenever they saw each other they'd get all romantic and occasionally make out but after that they wouldn't do anything about it except complaining to me that they don't know where they are, how the other one wouldn't make a serious step or something.
I would do like Kramer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnuR3y8HUm8
timppu: I would do like Kramer:
Somehow Seinfeld is everywhere lately. Really need to watch that show (although I must have seen a few episodes when I was a kid because I recall a few Kramer moments, not including this one).
Onwards to victory!

On one hand, I got accepted into Uppsala University with a great scholarship... on the other hand, I''ve been stuck at home mostly for the last three months, and cannot move for another two weeks... Yey for the surgeries on both knees.
F4LL0UT: Somehow Seinfeld is everywhere lately. Really need to watch that show (although I must have seen a few episodes when I was a kid because I recall a few Kramer moments, not including this one).
:O Only a few episodes!. AHHHHH!!! That show is the ultimate equal opportunity offender. Hell one of the greatest and funniest episodes was based entirely around making fun of a dead person which, as you know, has been a someone difficult task for myself to pull off.
F4LL0UT: Somehow Seinfeld is everywhere lately. Really need to watch that show (although I must have seen a few episodes when I was a kid because I recall a few Kramer moments, not including this one).
They are now running re-runs of all the seasons here the umpteenth time, and I don't mind (albeit now I finally start to memorize the episodes).

I was reminded of that particular part as they showed that episode just a week ago. The Youtube snippet would have been 250% funnier if it has included half a minute more from the beginning, showing what Jerry and Elaine were originally arguing about before Kramer came to separate them.

Another 125% more fun if it had shown also the earlier incident when Kramer was separating the arguing Jerry and George.
Post edited May 11, 2013 by timppu