It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm tired of the Steam trolls with their annoying " No Steam , this game will sucks " and " No Steam , no buy " crap in everywhere .
Post edited May 07, 2013 by ne_zavarj
WarbossAohd: nearly 20 (on the 11th), have accomplished nothing in my life.

here's to yet another year of doing nothing.
Most of us never do. It's a cruel fact of life that, despite what everyone keeps telling everyone else and indeed themselves as well, people aren't special.
I told somewhere that my neighbor died in his apartment a few months ago. Alone.

Anyway, now there's a new owner for that apartment, some older lady (I'd say in her 60s). At around 8:30pm today, she came to ring the bell, and asked if there is some renovation ongoing in our apartment or something. Umm, no?

Then she explained that she is doing some kind of relaxation practices, and she hears some loud noise from dishes coming from our apartment. Uh, ok, yeah it does indeed seem my gf is just about finished washing dishes (we don't have a washing machine, unfortunately. Doesn't fit too well in our little kitchenette at the moment.).

So she was seriously complaining about the sound coming from washing dishes. She starts talking about some kind of acoustic insulation... Sure, go ahead if you want to, go crazy with extra sound padding, if you want. I sure hope she was not suggesting I should make something like that for our kitchen?

Anyway, we really didn't get anywhere there. Too bad I forgot to suggest her that she would wear ear plugs, when doing her bs "relaxation exercises".

So it seems I have a new noise-allergic neighbor now. Well, at least she contacted me straight if she felt there was a problem, I've seen cases where people here are so afraid of direct confrontation that they just go complain straight to housing company or something.

Ok, so I also told my gf and said maybe we should wash dishes a bit quieter if possible, if we are doing it pretty late (in case 8:30pm is late). But now my gf became a bit miffed that the new neighbor would come complaining about something like that: "Who does she think she is? She just came here, and she just made lots of noise before herself when she was renovating her apartment (which she certainly did)."

I don't need neighbor feud in my life, hopefully this doesn't become something like that. Anyway, at least I try to be quiet from 9pm onwards. Damn apartment houses, I think I want my own house now.
Post edited May 07, 2013 by timppu
tinyE: The West Coast! Fuck em! Making me stay up till 10:30 just to see the start of a playoff game. Can't wait until the San Andreas finally goes critical and puts all of those assholes into the Pacific Ocean!
A million times this, like 7PM isn't bad enough, us EST'ers have to wait until 11PM. Why can't those left coast people watch the game right after getting home from work. 4PM would be my ideal time to watch a game on the east coast. I guess it all boils down to money and ad revenue. Maybe us east coasters and those in the middle of the country need to start boycotting any game that starts after 8PM, that would teach 'em.
tinyE: The West Coast! Fuck em! Making me stay up till 10:30 just to see the start of a playoff game. Can't wait until the San Andreas finally goes critical and puts all of those assholes into the Pacific Ocean!
jjsimp: A million times this, like 7PM isn't bad enough, us EST'ers have to wait until 11PM. Why can't those left coast people watch the game right after getting home from work. 4PM would be my ideal time to watch a game on the east coast. I guess it all boils down to money and ad revenue. Maybe us east coasters and those in the middle of the country need to start boycotting any game that starts after 8PM, that would teach 'em.
One more insult. A few years ago the NCAA Championship game was between Duke and UMass. Game time: 9:45 pm EST. Two teams on the east coast. I think the game was played either in Atlanta or Boston. 9:45 om EST. Yeah. Right.
timppu: I don't need neighbor feud in my life, hopefully this doesn't become something like that. Anyway, at least I try to be quiet from 9pm onwards. Damn apartment houses, I think I want my own house now.
That is one of the biggest reasons I will pay extra to rent or own a house. I have the weirdest hours, especially on the weekends. My dishwasher and washer/dryer don't start running until at least 8PM. Dishwasher I usually turn on before bed which can range from 11PM-6am.
I imagine it was a nice way of her telling you to quiet down during her quiet time. Just start leaving ads under her door for the Bose noise canceling headphones. Yeah, you might start a feud, but it's not like you are in the wrong.
WarbossAohd: nearly 20 (on the 11th), have accomplished nothing in my life.

here's to yet another year of doing nothing.
orcishgamer: I'm deeply curious exactly what you think you would have or could have done by the time you're 20. Do you personally know anyone, or know anyone who knows anyone, who's done something special by then?

Hell, if you're not failing out of university or addicted to drugs by then you're ahead of the pack.
i'm a high school drop out actually.
Every time I feel like I "pass the hump" or make any sort of progress I slide back. Not to mention constant health issues. I just want a break...
davosseaworth749: Every time I feel like I "pass the hump" or make any sort of progress I slide back. Not to mention constant health issues. I just want a break...
^^THIS^^

I'm Turning 30 in LESS then a month and I don't even have a GF AT ALL!

I seriously *Need* a GF right now So we can well You know God I *Need* a F*** right now!
Post edited May 08, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
davosseaworth749: Every time I feel like I "pass the hump" or make any sort of progress I slide back. Not to mention constant health issues. I just want a break...
fr33kSh0w2012: ^^THIS^^

I'm Turning 30 in LESS then a month and I don't even have a GF AT ALL!

I seriously *Need* a GF right now So we can well You know God I *Need* a F*** right now!
If it makes you feel any better I'm 37 and I haven't had a gf since I was 19. I've had one date in that time and it turns out it was a lesbian who went out with me because her parents didn't know she was gay and she had to keep up appearances or else they might disown her. True storey. :D
tinyE: If it makes you feel any better I'm 37 and I haven't had a gf since I was 19. I've had one date in that time and it turns out it was a lesbian who went out with me because her parents didn't know she was gay and she had to keep up appearances or else they might disown her. True story. :D
Oh man, that's truly Screwed up I feel sorry for you.
tinyE: If it makes you feel any better I'm 37 and I haven't had a gf since I was 19. I've had one date in that time and it turns out it was a lesbian who went out with me because her parents didn't know she was gay and she had to keep up appearances or else they might disown her. True story. :D
fr33kSh0w2012: Oh man, that's truly Screwed up I feel sorry for you.
I can laugh about it now. But thank you.
fr33kSh0w2012: Oh man, that's truly Screwed up I feel sorry for you.
tinyE: I can laugh about it now. But thank you.
I suppose you can but at the time you would of been spitting chips and that would of put you off dating Forever am I right?
tinyE: I can laugh about it now. But thank you.
fr33kSh0w2012: I suppose you can but at the time you would of been spitting chips and that would of put you off dating Forever am I right?
It didn't put me off dating. Girls finding me repulsive seemed to do that. :P
high rated
tinyE: It didn't put me off dating. Girls finding me repulsive seemed to do that. :P
It doesn't matter, just be yourself.

Talk to and joke with everyone. If they want you to be gone, they'll let you know. Don't be obnoxious, just bs and joke a bit.

You came with nothing, might leave with nothing, but at least you'll have a good time, and so will they. It isn't about getting something, it's about having fun and passing the evening. Getting "lucky" isn't necessarily a romp in the hay, sometimes it's just making friends. The romp in the hay might be fine, but will be all the better when there is a bit of knowledge on each end that allows for some closeness too.

Everyone over complicates things. It is about having fun, letting/helping others feel special, and kicking it as an honest dude.

Can't guarantee anything, even for myself, but give it a shot dude. If someone gets obnoxious, just joke, exit, and play in a few minutes elsewhere. Have found myself smiling, and saying "damn, you're a mean assed woman" a time or two, but it doesn't fit everywhere. Don't threaten, annoy, or bore and you'll be ok; every conversation doesn't have to be like it is with the love of your life.