It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chimerical: My neighbors keep weird hours too, but I think they like karaoke or something. If I have to listen to anymore badly sung Over the Rainbow or Hey Mr. Tally Man, Tally me Banana I going to scream.
Haha, oh man you have my sympathy! I think mine are hosting a party and trying to be some sort of amateur DJ...
Well, I've got to see if I can get to sleep, be back sooner if I can't :)
Chimerical: Well, I've got to see if I can get to sleep, be back sooner if I can't :)
Hopefully you'll be able to, have a good night!
Chimerical: My neighbors keep weird hours too, but I think they like karaoke or something. If I have to listen to anymore badly sung Over the Rainbow or Hey Mr. Tally Man, Tally me Banana I going to scream.
Niflmine: Haha, oh man you have my sympathy! I think mine are hosting a party and trying to be some sort of amateur DJ...
Are you guys using foam earplugs? I find that they help me a lot when I want to fall asleep in a noisy environment. Without causing me to miss the alarm clock.
I had a revelation after waking up this morning and I managed to get that homework assignment I was complaining about earlier done. I'm pretty happy about that. Here, guys, have a swan.
Attachments:
swan.png (10 Kb)
Adzeth: I had a revelation after waking up this morning and I managed to get that homework assignment I was complaining about earlier done. I'm pretty happy about that. Here, guys, have a swan.
Well, I managed to sleep for 4 hours (tho, I was supposed to wake up 2 hours ago), I don't know how to feel about it to be honest!

Thank you very much for the beautiful swan, you made this morning so much better.

Ivory&Gold: Snip
I don't use earplug, I just don't feel comfortable with them to be honest.
Niflmine: Thank you very much for the beautiful swan, you made this morning so much better.
Thanks. Not to brag or anything, but it's a pretty sweet swan. :)
Adzeth: Thanks. Not to brag or anything, but it's a pretty sweet swan. :)
It is indeed and you most certainly can brag about it! haha.
I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in January. Had surgery to remove the tumor and testicle, and analysis showed no signs of spreading. You think this would be a good thing, but now I'm stuck under a mountain of medical bills and my terrible, college-provided insurance might as well not even be there, given how little they are paying for anything ($20 for $11k? Yeah, thanks, big help). I can't concentrate with these business offices calling me every day. And there's just going to be more screenings I need every couple months. So I called another insurance company to try and get a better plan for that, but they won't pay for pre-existing conditions.

Lately I've been thinking it would have been better if I didn't make it.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by EC-
EC-: Lately I've been thinking it would have been better if I didn't make it.
I had testicular cancer, don't even joke about that, the dying I mean. Feel free to joke about the cancer itself, I did, even after it spread to my lungs.
EC-: Lately I've been thinking it would have been better if I didn't make it.
tinyE: I had testicular cancer, don't even joke about that, the dying I mean. Feel free to joke about the cancer itself, I did, even after it spread to my lungs.
I'm not joking, I'm miserable. I feel like I'm running out of answers.
My cat Ramesses just threw up on my computer.
tinyE: My cat Ramesses just threw up on my computer.
Been there.
EC-: You think this would be a good thing, but now I'm stuck under a mountain of medical bills and my terrible, college-provided insurance might as well not even be there, given how little they are paying for anything.
Shit man. I feel so sorry for you. :( But hang in there, don't talk (nor even think) about giving up on life and stuff. You're never better off dead.

Also I can't stop being amazed by how fucked up the healthcare system is in the US. After all I've heard even the (awful) Polish healthcare system seems to be better. I thought that since Obamacare things aren't that horrible anymore. Also it's crazy that a nation which is so "rich" (especially compared to Poland) lets its people drown in medical bills for stuff they need to survive. I watched Sicko a few months ago and thought that it's outdated since it was made before the whole Obamacare thing. Can't believe that things don't seem to have changed at all.
orcishgamer: 99% of the time that's a wire vibrating against one of your case fans.
Just fully opened the machine and discovered a horrible mess: the grid between the CPU and the fan was almost completely covered in dust. It totally blows my mind, I don't even know how it got there. I mean, the CPU fan is meant to suck the heat away, not blow cool air at the CPU, right? So I don't get how there could be so much dust on the fan's side of the grid - and the CPU fan is definitely attached properly as its design doesn't even allow to attach it the wrong way around. Anyway, I removed that layer of dirt but sadly my PC still hasn't gotten much quieter. There's still some part somewhere which is causing an awful buzzing noise. It's certainly not a wire touching one of the fans or anything. It really has to be something beneath the graphic card's case but that thing is shut tight, would take a lot of effort to dismantle it. :/
Post edited April 09, 2013 by F4LL0UT
#FirstWorldProblems - but I hate the way the Yen is crashing...