It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fortune_p_dawg: True that. I do enjoy the occasional Hot Pocket, though I tend to feel funny afterward.
-------------------------
Most GOGers don't really seem like that big of basement dwellers, but I'm sure it happens.
-------------------------
I was an attic-dweller until my junior year in high school. I sometimes try to recapture that magical feeling by plopping down in front of my computer after the family goes to bed. Me, my computer, my desk, six pack, a bowl, Planescape Torment and/or Ultima VIII. Ah... yeah. LOL!
--------------------------
Chicken fajita Hot Pockets are, and always will be, the best! I used to sit there during math class in like the 6th grade and look forward to an after school snack consisting of a chicken fajita hot pocket and a glass of that funky as hell powdered sweet tea mix (Nestea, haha), and awesome Nickelodeon shows like Salute Your Shorts.
GameRager: You DO know you're supposed to cook them, right? ;)...:P
I wasn't actually trying to say most/many GOGgers were basement dwellers by that statement.......it was more a playful jab at "not needing" married life, than anything else.
You too? When I was younger my parents seemed to always think I was some sort of freak for staying up after hours and playing my favorite titles.....but that's often the best time, imo. Peace and quiet, and lots & lots of pixelated gorn(M-rated FPS/etc violence).
---------------------------
I used to eat the mix without water.......good times. And yeah.....S.Y.S., Hey Dude, You can't do that on television, etc.
Hey Dude was awesome, You Can't Do That On Television was classic, and for the love of all that's holy I can't forget the awesome Pete & Pete.

Very true. My folks thought I was nuts but playing after hours is far more immersive, especially when you have a decent RPG world to explore. One summer I lost so much time playing both Final Fantasy III(VI) and Darklands, it was like I blinked and lost a friend... the friend being summer. Haha.
Accidentally traded 6 months without internet for 1 week without electricity (also meaning without warm water and without a working kitchen). I wonder if I should bitch about it.

Edit : I gained a tree in the process. So i suppose I shouldn't bitch.
Post edited March 04, 2013 by Telika
Telika: Accidentally traded 6 months without internet for 1 week without electricity (also meaning without warm water and without a working kitchen). I wonder if I should bitch about it.

I don't get the trade. Other than the tree (which I'm sure is beautiful and not easily cut down with a herring) what do you get out of it?
Telika: Accidentally traded 6 months without internet for 1 week without electricity (also meaning without warm water and without a working kitchen). I wonder if I should bitch about it.

tinyE: I don't get the trade. Other than the tree (which I'm sure is beautiful and not easily cut down with a herring) what do you get out of it?
It was more of a random-life-event-that's-how-it-is trade-off than a fully planned commercial calculated exchange. So what I got out of it, apart from the tree, is, depending on how you look at it, either internet access, or one week of freedom from electricity and warm water (and food).
Telika: ...
Well you do have a tree you know.
I also have the sarcasms of greek students watching me struggle to find my words and order some simple takeaway food. Not language-skilled enough to retort anything suitably witty, and too hungry to waste my meal up their nose. Life is tough.
Telika: I also have the sarcasms of greek students watching me struggle to find my words and order some simple takeaway food.
Just order in english, most places will accept it. And should any other student try to laugh at you, a "α γαμήσου και εσύ" should be enough, right? :P
Telika: I also have the sarcasms of greek students watching me struggle to find my words and order some simple takeaway food.
JMich: Just order in english, most places will accept it. And should any other student try to laugh at you, a "α γαμήσου και εσύ" should be enough, right? :P
Haha, right. A silent "na, parta" should do it too. But I would have preferred to aim at something a bit more classy.

I'll probably just end up writing "α γαμήσου και εσύ" on the back of my jacket, though.
Telika: I'll probably just end up writing "α γαμήσου και εσύ" on the back of my jacket, though.
For the back of the jacket, "γρύλος τε και συ γαμηθῆναι" would be a bit better, since you can always claim that it's from the joke, or from "Evil in the time of heroes". Should do the trick.
Telika: I'll probably just end up writing "α γαμήσου και εσύ" on the back of my jacket, though.
JMich: For the back of the jacket, "γρύλος τε και συ γαμηθῆναι" would be a bit better, since you can always claim that it's from the joke, or from "Evil in the time of heroes". Should do the trick.
Are you indirectly implying that I should actually watch that movie ?

Or is it a trick to expose me to more sarcasms from the local videoclub owner ?
Telika: Are you indirectly implying that I should actually watch that movie ?
Well, if you do enjoy zombie movies, both "Evils" are good for that genre. If you don't enjoy zombie movies, skip them.
As I recall, the first one also had english subtitles, which we are sorry we didn't use. Especially when an actor says "Εδώ ο κόσμος χάνεται και το μουνί χτενίζεται", which we are really curious about the translation.

No worries though, and enjoy your stay back in country. Athens I guess?
Telika: Are you indirectly implying that I should actually watch that movie ?
JMich: Well, if you do enjoy zombie movies, both "Evils" are good for that genre. If you don't enjoy zombie movies, skip them.
As I recall, the first one also had english subtitles, which we are sorry we didn't use. Especially when an actor says "Εδώ ο κόσμος χάνεται και το μουνί χτενίζεται", which we are really curious about the translation.
It's... what... is there a context to that sentence (apart from "yes : there are zombies around") ? Do I want to know ? Does it make it the worst movie ever or the best movie ever ?

Oh god I wish my greek was still LESS good.

JMich: No worries though, and enjoy your stay back in country. Athens I guess?
Yeah. Six months as a volunteer in a local NGO (six months should be enough to develop my monkey island fencing skills). For now in a hotel at Exarchia, but I've found a very nice apartment in Neapoli (with a tree). Things are looking good so far. Except that the electricity will only be enabled 4 or 5 days after I move in...
You do everything for someone. And when you ask them to do some little simple things for you, they either make excuses or don't do it. Like WTF....
Telika: It's... what... is there a context to that sentence (apart from "yes : there are zombies around") ? Do I want to know ?
Usual phrase for when something big is happening (earthquake, riots, tsunami, zombie apocalypse) and someone is obsessed over something small and irrelevant (his console not working, that he can't find a place to get cigarettes, that his car is going to get wet, or that his girlfriend dumped him). For a bit more (not sure if your greek are up to par), see here.

P.S. The word μουνί here is used as a derogatory term for a person, not for the usual thing.
fortune_p_dawg: True that. I do enjoy the occasional Hot Pocket, though I tend to feel funny afterward. Most GOGers don't really seem like that big of basement dwellers, but I'm sure it happens. I was an attic-dweller until my junior year in high school. I sometimes try to recapture that magical feeling by ploping down in front of my computer after the family goes to bed. Me, my computer, my desk, six pack, a bowl, Planescape Torment and/or Ultima VIII. Ah... yeah. LOL!
tinyE: I'm glad this came up. For my own piece of mind I'd like to point out that while I am ALWAYS on here I am usually doing something else, so technically I'm just logged on but not actually participating. I usually tend to be logged on when I play guitar or watch sports because I am mutitasking. As for work, it is sportadic; a few minutes of chaos followed by a few hours of tranquility. The ONLY reason I mention this is in case anyone here thinks this forum is my entire life. If you don't think that or don't care please disregard. If you do think that, you are wrong! This forum is only 75% of my life.
I also stay logged on as well....mainly because it's more convenient than having to login each time I visit the forums.

Telika: It was more of a random-life-event-that's-how-it-is trade-off than a fully planned commercial calculated exchange. So what I got out of it, apart from the tree, is, depending on how you look at it, either internet access, or one week of freedom from electricity and warm water (and food).
Wtf? How does one internets without electricity? 0.o
Post edited March 04, 2013 by GameRager